By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Kojima: " Natal will start a Revolution "

I prefer gaming with something in hand...so this technology does nothing for me, so anyone who says this is for everyone, Count me out.

Just waiting for that PS Vita to come out so I can play some full featured games on the go with that beautiful screen and control scheme...

Around the Network
Rep21 said:
Millennium said:
...aaaaaaand there went the last of my respect for Kojima. Not that much was left after the Twilight incident.

Yeah god forbid he say something nice about a console you don't own.

Actually, I do own a 360. It mostly gathers dust anymore, but what the hey.

The not-so-subtle dig at the Wii from the same person who lampooned motion control as a mere gimmick, however, is frankly not something I am prepared to respect. The man has been sliding more and more toward graphics-whoring for quite some time now, and this clinches it.

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.

I don't no about a revolution but I do think Natal is very unique and will be a big positive for MS for the rest of the generation.

Millennium said:
Rep21 said:
Millennium said:
...aaaaaaand there went the last of my respect for Kojima. Not that much was left after the Twilight incident.

The not-so-subtle dig at the Wii from the same person who lampooned motion control as a mere gimmick, however, is frankly not something I am prepared to respect. The man has been sliding more and more toward graphics-whoring for quite some time now, and this clinches it.

He said nothing of the sort.  In fact, Kojima was one of the earliest 'high profile' developers to actually speak up and say Wii looked interesting.  He just didn't make any games for it.

Now he seems to have said the same thing about Natal.  And he probably won't make a game for it.

Six upcoming games you should look into:

Kenryoku_Maxis said:
Millennium said:
Rep21 said:
Millennium said:

He said nothing of the sort.  In fact, Kojima was one of the earliest 'high profile' developers to actually speak up and say Wii looked interesting.  He just didn't make any games for it.

Now he seems to have said the same thing about Natal.  And he probably won't make a game for it.

Nah, he said he is interested in making a core title for it. http://www.talkxbox.com/article3355.html

This is what I was referring to when I said he was paid...as in to make a Natal game (and again, I'm not criticizing).

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Around the Network

As long as there's time to sit down and watch epic cut scenes in between all of the moving around that you have to do with Natal, it should work great with Kojima's games.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

I do think Natal is going to be a big deal, if for no other reason than the fact that M$ will push it HARD...and the 360 is going to be extremely hot next fall with Natal and a new Halo game on the way.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Millennium said:
Rep21 said:
Millennium said:

Oh yeah the old" i own console A, but i never play it" thing. Never gets old. As for the whole motion controll thing, for the most part has been a gimmick unfortunately. For every No More Heroes, Resident Evil and Metroid there are about 15 crappy shovelware games on the console that basically use motion control as more of a gimmick than an actual new way of playing.  While i am not 100% behind Natal, i do understand that MS is being a bit more ambitious with it from what i have seen. Not only would it be for games but navigating the dash as well among other things.

MS knew what they were doing when they bought 3DV and this tech, of course as i said before its all about the games. I'm not going to start saying whether this thing will suceed or fail as of yet because i don't know. Nobody really knows no matter how they try to play "Mr analyst" and predict whats going to happen. From most of the posts here most seem to want it to fail, can't imagine why.( well i can guess it has a lot to do with the fact that MS is doing it as opposed to Sony) I will wait until E3 when some actual games are shown before i make my decision.

PS360 FTW!

I don't know, does anyone else feel like the Wiimotes motion controlling is pretty limited? I'm excited about Natal because it breaks those limits (though it has some of it's own limits) and opens up gaming for a myriad of possibilities.

I think there are 2 major factors on Natal's success: price tag, and latency. If the price is over $120 US (not that it would be), I don't see it having much of a chance (I personally predict somewhere around $80 US). If there is a significant time delay between motion, detection, processing, and output (so from your moving, and Natal picking that information up, processing it how it needs to, and sending it to the Xbox) then I can't see Natal working out. I hope for a max of 50 ms lag, but 100ish ms lag would be tolerable. If it's closer to 150+ then this is probably a pass for me.

At least for myself, and I've said this before, Natal is exciting because of the possibilities and potential, but until we know more specifics , I won't judge whether it is a must-buy or not.

huaxiong90 said:
Kenryoku_Maxis said:
Millennium said:
Rep21 said:
Millennium said:

Nah, he said he is interested in making a core title for it. http://www.talkxbox.com/article3355.html

This is what I was referring to when I said he was paid...as in to make a Natal game (and again, I'm not criticizing).

..yes, but he said the same thing about the Wii.  And like I said, he didn't make a game for it.

Six upcoming games you should look into: