By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Kojima: " Natal will start a Revolution "

Good i hope for some great 3rd party support for Natal.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network

Great, magnificent! This will be the only add-on ever to make a big effect! I can't wait! yay.

priteshmodi said:
STEKSTAV said:
I get the feeling that Natal is to Wii what every touchphone is to the iPhone. It might sell, but in peoples minds the Wii/iPhone did it first and will forever be concidered the product to pick up if you like that sort of thing. The offsprings will bring some new cool features to freshen up the concept, but the core of the product will forever be with Wii/iPhone.

Except that the iPhone wasn't the first full touchscreen phone on the market. The LG Prada was actually out before it with full touch screen capability.

That might be, but the iPhone made it mainstream and made the touch screen featyre a part of their identity. Much like the Wii, that was my point.

If Lord Kojima says it will start a revolution, then a revolution is what we will have.

I love VGC

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

Around the Network
Tiko7523 said:
I still hope people make games for controllers after all this natal , wii and Sony motion stuff.... Me personally I just like gaming with my regular playstation or xbox360 controllers playing the games I want but I wouldn't mine something cool for a family type thing.... But still I hope it's not something that makes the devolpers abandon everything on regular controller

its comments like this that make me feel sorry for all you gamers out there that think like this.  i'm not saying wiimote, pswand, or natal are going to be better or are better than a "standard" controller.  But seriously how can you be thinking of making no forward movement.

there are infinite better control methods than the standard controller, we just haven't invented or figured them out yet. Or hell you might just be too stubborn and thickheaded to give something else an honest try.   If it were up to you, we woudl still be playing the dual shock controler in 50 years.

lets see.........microsoft is going to:

-make a slew of casual games for a console that has a concentration of RPGS, and FPS's. big win here.

-introduce an add-on late in 2010, pretty late in its life cycle, meaning that if MS wants to keep Natal for the 720, it's going to have to keep up the promotion, keep up the marketing and let it stay alive until people are in a mood to start buying consoles in mass quantities again. Oh, and b/c the natal thing will be so late in the generation, it won't have the success that the hype machine would want you to think

-charge you $60 to buy the equipment, then another $60 for a game.

-has people like kojima tell us that "natal will cause a revolution" and whatnot, implying that this is really going to catch on even to PC's and basically every 360 will want Natal, without giving us any insight as to MS's strategy for achieving this. It's just hype so far, and that isn't going to do a lot.

I just think that MS could have done better things with its $$$$ than waste it on an idea like natal. MS could have put out a handheld, which would have been really popular, instead of this whizbang add-on that won't go anywhere

Everyone was hyped when they first saw it. Then they realized it has some serious limitations. Why was this even posted?

"Out of context"

I dunno, but what I have noticed on here is a lot more exitement over the fact that Natal could save the 360, than exitement for the games that it will produce which .....is kinda ominous for its fortunes.