By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Kojima: " Natal will start a Revolution "

STEKSTAV said:
I get the feeling that Natal is to Wii what every touchphone is to the iPhone. It might sell, but in peoples minds the Wii/iPhone did it first and will forever be concidered the product to pick up if you like that sort of thing. The offsprings will bring some new cool features to freshen up the concept, but the core of the product will forever be with Wii/iPhone.

that...is the smartest thing i have ever heard on Vgchartz, you sir are my hero!

Around the Network
MonstaMack said:
Source that Natal will cost $200?

But hasn't IGN already asked about price and have been told it will be between $80 in price when they announced what quarter it will be released .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hlr7tSmGstI&feature=PlayList&p=BE565FBBE1B02AD2&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=15 first 20 seconds

Tenkin said:
MonstaMack said:
Source that Natal will cost $200?

But hasn't IGN already asked about price and have been told it will be between $80 in price when they announced what quarter it will be released .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hlr7tSmGstI&feature=PlayList&p=BE565FBBE1B02AD2&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=15 first 20 seconds

the rumor was that it will cost around 50 euros over in europe, but usually in the uniteds states it would cost less so it might end up at 50 usd.

Yeah so why is everyone throwing in a $200 figure? No one is gonna pay $200 for Natal and it would never cost that much to make.

It's just that simple.

Kojima was giving a good reach around to natal! I hope natal enjoyed it..... :D

The hype is there, so now just bring those marvelous games damn it!!

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!

Around the Network

Doesn't MS own a company that can make the tech for about $20?

MonstaMack said:

No one is gonna pay $200 for Natal and it would never cost that much to make.

How do you know? At this time, nobody really knows what is in a "Natal" (Let's not forget that available hires TOF camera systems cost around $8k-$10k if you really need one..)

We'll see what happens

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Questions that the interviewer should have asked:

"1. Can you explain how and why the Natal technology will start a revolution? Do you really think that we will just elect to ditch the controller because of this? I would remind kojima that this would mean the end of metal gear, but whatever.

2. Were you, and how much were you paid by MS to be a spokesman for the Natal technology, and were you paid over and above the amount that MS usually gives to developers for exlusive games??

3. Would you be making any Natal games if MS was not moneyhatting significantly?

4. When would the next metal gear game come out? PS3 fans want it and this actually has a market.

Thanks, kojoma"

STEKSTAV said:
I get the feeling that Natal is to Wii what every touchphone is to the iPhone. It might sell, but in peoples minds the Wii/iPhone did it first and will forever be concidered the product to pick up if you like that sort of thing. The offsprings will bring some new cool features to freshen up the concept, but the core of the product will forever be with Wii/iPhone.

Except that the iPhone wasn't the first full touchscreen phone on the market. The LG Prada was actually out before it with full touch screen capability.