By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Kojima: " Natal will start a Revolution "

Seece said:
DirtyP2002 said:
dbot said:
Didn't we discuss this in September when it happened? This was the TGS round table that MS sponsored in Japan. As I recall, Kojima did not attend it. All of these quotes were provided by someone that was relaying Kojima's thoughts.

Things you heard on the internet...

If you want to see it in motion: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SeXmjDs_cw

He's gonna say it's photoshopped next

thats why I added the youtube-link :D

He won't answer anyway.

I don't get why PS3 fans are soooo insecure about Natal and Kojima. MS paid him to be there, he won't make a game anyway, PSEye is better etc etc. Natal is something new and it looks very promising. MS will invest millions for advertisement and we know marketing is one of MS strengths.

I don't know what MS has to do to make PS3 fans believe there will be support for Natal. Look at the picture, there are 3 of the best japanese game developers from 3 different companies saying how good Natal works and that they want to make games for it. A lot of PS3 fans are still saying there won't be any games for it and there won't be support. I mean, what needs to be done to convince these people? They are saying it LIVE in front of a camera.

Big western 3rd party developers already said they are working on Natal. Bethesda creates games for it, UbiSoft said they are making 10 games for Natal, THQ and EA are already working with Natal as well. Activision said the same.

For first party games:

MS said Rare worked on Natal for 1 year now, Lionhead implements Natal in Fable III, they made this milo and kate game, MGS are working on some stuff as well. They even demonstrated 3 games at E3 (PaintParty, Riccochet, Burnout).

All signs are very positive for Natal, but I see dozens of people saying it won't do anything and it will fail. What else can MS do? 

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Around the Network

Not necessarily. If it costs 200+ dollars i think it will flop. but it depends on the price point and what features it brings to the table if it is cheap and brings a lot of new stuff i think it will sell well and vice versa

Source that Natal will cost $200?

It's just that simple.

I think Natal might be all that it can be techically.. but for me personally, im not interested. I dont see the use of it.

Around the Network

think he ment Wii, people need to stop hyping Natal, it wont change anything
it will have huge sales from hardcore 360 fans....they wont use it within a week
Casuals will look at it and play with there Wii, to them its just the Eye Toy...they wont buy it
and PS3 hardcore will just laugh at it

thats what i think will happen, i hope the Sony Wand and Project Natal do well..but i think they will both Fail

So, do we have to get off the couch and crawl around on the ground during Metal Gear Solid stealth sequence? Or do we need an empty box(official MS Natal Stealth box accessory $50 ;) ) to hide in?

M$ has two problems.

1. As much as they are pushing Natal as the next big thing in motion controls, Nintendo's brand is still all over the motion controlled gamming industry. M$ will have to make strong leaps to capture the soccer mom market, whom comprise the majority market for motion controlled gaming. It will take more than marketing to make this happen, I don't care how good M$ is at it.

2. Right now the industry is still all about the multimedia revolution. PS3 is selling well at its new price point and I'm certain multimedia buffs are a big part of that market. M$ really wants to sell more Xbox then they really need to address this aspect to be competative. Natal alone will not push sales, it doesn't matter how good the games are.

-- Nothing is nicer than seeing your PS3 on an HDTV through an HDMI cable for the first time.

DirtyP2002 said:
Seece said:
DirtyP2002 said:
dbot said:
Didn't we discuss this in September when it happened? This was the TGS round table that MS sponsored in Japan. As I recall, Kojima did not attend it. All of these quotes were provided by someone that was relaying Kojima's thoughts.

Things you heard on the internet...

If you want to see it in motion: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SeXmjDs_cw

He's gonna say it's photoshopped next

thats why I added the youtube-link :D

He won't answer anyway.

I don't get why PS3 fans are soooo insecure about Natal and Kojima. MS paid him to be there, he won't make a game anyway, PSEye is better etc etc. Natal is something new and it looks very promising. MS will invest millions for advertisement and we know marketing is one of MS strengths.

I don't know what MS has to do to make PS3 fans believe there will be support for Natal. Look at the picture, there are 3 of the best japanese game developers from 3 different companies saying how good Natal works and that they want to make games for it. A lot of PS3 fans are still saying there won't be any games for it and there won't be support. I mean, what needs to be done to convince these people? They are saying it LIVE in front of a camera.

Big western 3rd party developers already said they are working on Natal. Bethesda creates games for it, UbiSoft said they are making 10 games for Natal, THQ and EA are already working with Natal as well. Activision said the same.

For first party games:

MS said Rare worked on Natal for 1 year now, Lionhead implements Natal in Fable III, they made this milo and kate game, MGS are working on some stuff as well. They even demonstrated 3 games at E3 (PaintParty, Riccochet, Burnout).

All signs are very positive for Natal, but I see dozens of people saying it won't do anything and it will fail. What else can MS do? 

dbot isn't one of those people. But I agree, I honestly don't understand the insecurity about Natal either, I'm highly looking forward for it. With that being said though, I do think he was paid to be there (come on, there are many similar publicity stunts from all kinds of big corporations), but what the haters don't realize is, there's nothing wrong with that, either. It's business, Nagoshi, Inafune, and Kojima each get paid, and in turn, they promote Natal. Each person benefits.

I do think some 3rd parties will put out strong software, but what will mainly shine is the first party games since they have the most experience with the hardware.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

I get the feeling that Natal is to Wii what every touchphone is to the iPhone. It might sell, but in peoples minds the Wii/iPhone did it first and will forever be concidered the product to pick up if you like that sort of thing. The offsprings will bring some new cool features to freshen up the concept, but the core of the product will forever be with Wii/iPhone.