By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Kojima: " Natal will start a Revolution "

binary solo said:
" Kojima said that he wants to do stuff that incorporates all aspects of the Natal -- the camera, the voice, the motion control. He especially loves the face recognition possibilities. he said he would like to make a game kind of like AI "
All of these things mentioned are common to PSEye and Natal.
Natal has superior spatial recognition and works in low lighting. It comes with it's own processor so won't be a drain on the 360's CPU. Is there anything else I've forgotten? Does it have superior gesture recognition?
It will be interesting to see whether the things Natal has that PSEye doesn't have will have any practical gaming effect. Only time will tell.

Well, the superior spatial recognition is the main reason Natal exists.  You can only do so much motion detection with an RGB sensor by itself.  Not my words, but the words of a Sony Engineer.  That is why the wands were invented.  The known shape of the glowing orb helps the camera to detect how far away they are.  But this only accurately detects the balls, the of the body must be estimated.  Natal needs no estimations to determine depth.  And the processor on board Natal is a pretty big deal as well.  That and the fact that one Natal can handle four players without any additional accessories.

And yes, facial, voice, and gesture(which heavily utilizes spatial recognition) are all software based.

Around the Network
Dr.Grass said:
binary solo said:
(Natal) comes with it's own processor so won't be a drain on the 360's CPU. Is there anything else I've forgotten?

Has this been confirmed? As far as I know this was just a rumour.

Read this article for all your Natal questions:

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=83706

And yes, it has been confirmed.

Rainbird said:
Honestly, this "revolution" started with the Wii. Natal will expand on it, but it won't start a revolution that has already started.

This. I only came into this thread to point this out. Though Natal starts taking things into a direction previously unheard of, it only does it because the CODENAME: REVOLUTION started moving in that direction in the first place.

SW-5120-1900-6153

I doubt very much he nearly fainted lol

The satisfaction we get in playing video games comes with feelings. I wouldn't like to see these traditional games where force feedbacks are essential to see itself with natal. Natal should come with a different dimension and must must be appealing to gamers.

Check these hilarious commentsFunny Comments and replies

Around the Network
dbot said:
Didn't we discuss this in September when it happened? This was the TGS round table that MS sponsored in Japan. As I recall, Kojima did not attend it. All of these quotes were provided by someone that was relaying Kojima's thoughts.

Things you heard on the internet...

If you want to see it in motion: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SeXmjDs_cw

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

DirtyP2002 said:
dbot said:
Didn't we discuss this in September when it happened? This was the TGS round table that MS sponsored in Japan. As I recall, Kojima did not attend it. All of these quotes were provided by someone that was relaying Kojima's thoughts.

Things you heard on the internet...

If you want to see it in motion: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SeXmjDs_cw

He's gonna say it's photoshopped next

Either kojima was paid to say something nice about natal, or he's unaware of the eytoy.

WheelStriker said:
Either kojima was paid to say something nice about natal, or he's unaware of the eytoy.

Or you're trolling ... yet again.

This sounds like the usual PR-dirven lunacy that comes out of devs' mouths every time a new piece of hardware is announced--needless to say, caveat emptor :)