By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Kojima: " Natal will start a Revolution "

Waouw, who knew that MS would be an innovating company this gen ?

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

Around the Network

I'm not getting off my sofa!

" Kojima said that he wants to do stuff that incorporates all aspects of the Natal -- the camera, the voice, the motion control. He especially loves the face recognition possibilities. he said he would like to make a game kind of like AI "
All of these things mentioned are common to PSEye and Natal.
Natal has superior spatial recognition and works in low lighting. It comes with it's own processor so won't be a drain on the 360's CPU. Is there anything else I've forgotten? Does it have superior gesture recognition?
It will be interesting to see whether the things Natal has that PSEye doesn't have will have any practical gaming effect. Only time will tell.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

this is an old interview

japanese dont get old kojima and miyamoto always look so young though they r old

Around the Network
jonager said:
japanese dont get old kojima and miyamoto always look so young though they r old

That's a fairly old picture.

Pixel Art can be fun.

binary solo said:
(Natal) comes with it's own processor so won't be a drain on the 360's CPU. Is there anything else I've forgotten?

Has this been confirmed? As far as I know this was just a rumour.

Let's say Kojima is right:

Just cause Natal will start a revolution doesn't mean it'll BE the revolution!

It's a nice technology that will probably be found in everything from TVs to Motorcars. I can easily see how a OS running on a hologram projector would be much better than current keyboard and mouse setup.

As for whether Natal will lead us into the next era of gaming. I seriously doubt it.

Milo for MCP! Expect him to put Flynn on the Grid, and we all end up being Doomed!

Cue up Milo in Tron.

Honestly, this "revolution" started with the Wii. Natal will expand on it, but it won't start a revolution that has already started.