By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Kojima: " Natal will start a Revolution "

@dsgrue3 Well why not post it? I now realize these quotes are old but that doesn't mean everyone knows about them. If people have read about this before they could just skip the thread right?

Around the Network
Lastgengamer said:
@dsgrue3 Well why not post it? I now realize these quotes are old but that doesn't mean everyone knows about them. If people have read about this before they could just skip the thread right?

Your title doesn't say OLD QUOTATIONS FROM E3 in it, so how was I to know to skip the thread?

I've gotta be honest. I'm yet to see a piece of software that shows the "revolution". Something that's unique and can only be done on it, interesting, and opposite to that ball hitting game I wanted to see something that truly catches our motions flawlessly as presented in the video with vaporware games just to show what it in theory can do.

Milo is interesting, but again, I remember reading on IGN or smth that it was able to recognize a color of a shirt and the tone of someone's voice... controlled by a programmer.

This E3 will be the final countdown, or either something really cool is shown up or it will be just another fancy camera to put aside the current xbox360 camera, which rarelly get's used and that's sad.

His english is poor?

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

dsgrue3 said:
Lastgengamer said:

Your title doesn't say OLD QUOTATIONS FROM E3 in it, so how was I to know to skip the thread?

Sorry I didn't notice at the time I posted them they were old quotes like I already said.

Around the Network

I doubt it will make a revolution in Japan.

There houses barely have enough room for Wii motions. This takes up even more room from what we seen at E3.

Kojima is leprecon,idiot.
Kojima had sex with snake and gave birth to Raiden.Animal sex is started by Kojima
Kojima fuck off

supercat said:
I dunno, but what I have noticed on here is a lot more exitement over the fact that Natal could save the 360, than exitement for the games that it will produce which .....is kinda ominous for its fortunes.

Really? Because I actually post quite the opposite of what you said.

For Gawds sake Microsoft will release this in the inevitable way that Microsoft do, OVERHYPED, UNDERPERFORMING and will need at least 20 firmware upgrades (security patches) before it's even decent and by then it'll be out of date LOL! Get real motion controls are here now!! Not in a year with a couple of games that are going to be "ok" I'm sure any company that release a game with NATAL support will add an extra $50 on the price. The world of Microsoft wonderfully overhyped yet unoriginal at the same time

"...the best way to prepare [to be a programmer] is to write programs, and to study great programs that other people have written. In my case, I went to the garbage cans at the Computer Science Center and fished out listings of their operating system." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

"Hey, Steve, just because you broke into Xerox's house before I did and took the TV doesn't mean I can't go in later and take the stereo." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

Bill Gates had Mac prototypes to work from, and he was known to be obsessed with trying to make Windows as good as SAND (Steve's Amazing New Device), as a Microsoft exec named it. It was the Mac that Microsoft took for its blueprint on how to make a GUI.

""Windows [n.] - A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition.""

STEKSTAV said:
priteshmodi said:
STEKSTAV said:
I get the feeling that Natal is to Wii what every touchphone is to the iPhone. It might sell, but in peoples minds the Wii/iPhone did it first and will forever be concidered the product to pick up if you like that sort of thing. The offsprings will bring some new cool features to freshen up the concept, but the core of the product will forever be with Wii/iPhone.

Except that the iPhone wasn't the first full touchscreen phone on the market. The LG Prada was actually out before it with full touch screen capability.

That might be, but the iPhone made it mainstream and made the touch screen featyre a part of their identity. Much like the Wii, that was my point.

I know what you meant. I just wanted to be difficult .

I do agree that the Wii will still retain much mindshare in consumers but the Wand and Natal are still capable of expanding the market further than what it is now. For example, PS3's are primarily meant as multimedia and gaming systems but are in major use in research for their calculative performance. Natal (or the Wand) could be used in a wide variety of research projects as well as integrated into many other electronic devices like personal computers, TV's (saving favourites and bookmarking tv channels as well as turning on, automatic dimming if you fall asleep all based on settings personalized to an individual, surveillance, etc.). There really are a great number of possibilities. 

In addition things like the iPhone are mainstream but there is still a huge market outside of it. No single phone is as successful as a the iPhone in terms of touch screen but iPhone isn't absolutely dominating in the big picture when all the shares of other touch-phones are considered.

I'm currently in the stages of ideas and planning of a big design project for my final university project and I've considered what could be done with technology like Natal. Unfortunately it's coming out 4-8 months too late for me to use it but the ideas are still there.

Also I sound like I'm badmouthing iPhone or talking it down. I'm not - In fact I'm currently employed as an iPhone application/game developer. It's a great platform but it just isn't for me.