By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Difference Between a Sony and Microsoft Exclusive

JerCotter7 said:
kowenicki said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
Thing is, even if this article didn't cherry pick horribly, I don't see how this changes a thing.

Just because the game is available on PC, it doesn't make it any more available for PS3. 360 still has a game that PS3 does not. Apparently, if it's on PC, then they can just go "Yeah, well, I'll just get it for my PC then!". Like... Okay? Go ahead?

That's like if I were to own an Xbox and a GC last gen, and some PS2-fan was mouthing off about how great RE4 is and that Xbox sucks because it doesn't have it, I go "Yeah, well, I'll just get it for my GC then! Now I have proven how superior my Xbox is to your PS2! Sure showed you!".

It's a ridiculous point he's trying to make, and he fails miserably due to what I mentioned in my earlier post.

Excellent post

The amount of times you see "looks great, cant wait to pick this up on pc" in a thread about a good looking future 360/pc game is just sad.  Why cant they just say "looks great"...?

I tried something similar very recently in favour of the 360... someone jumped on me very quickly of course.

Why would that annoy you? If you own a ps3 and a pc which one can you get the game for? A lot of the same people also say "can't wait to play this on my ps3"

You really are getting too defensive about anything "anti" 360. Although I don't see how that statement can be anti 360 if someone doesn't own a 360. I personally have bought 360 console exclusives on pc. Does this make me biased against 360? No I just don't own a 360 so I don't see a reason to pick it up for 360...

I don't personally take offense, but I can see why some would. Because it's completely unnecessary. Just say "Man, I can't wait for Mass Effect 2" instead of just going "Man, I can't wait for Mass Effect 2 on PC". It implies that one is more worth than the other, even if you don't mean it.

Around the Network

this thread should be closed its bash all of us MS fans.

Majin-Tenshinhan said:
JerCotter7 said:
kowenicki said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
Thing is, even if this article didn't cherry pick horribly, I don't see how this changes a thing.

Just because the game is available on PC, it doesn't make it any more available for PS3. 360 still has a game that PS3 does not. Apparently, if it's on PC, then they can just go "Yeah, well, I'll just get it for my PC then!". Like... Okay? Go ahead?

That's like if I were to own an Xbox and a GC last gen, and some PS2-fan was mouthing off about how great RE4 is and that Xbox sucks because it doesn't have it, I go "Yeah, well, I'll just get it for my GC then! Now I have proven how superior my Xbox is to your PS2! Sure showed you!".

It's a ridiculous point he's trying to make, and he fails miserably due to what I mentioned in my earlier post.

Excellent post

The amount of times you see "looks great, cant wait to pick this up on pc" in a thread about a good looking future 360/pc game is just sad.  Why cant they just say "looks great"...?

I tried something similar very recently in favour of the 360... someone jumped on me very quickly of course.

Why would that annoy you? If you own a ps3 and a pc which one can you get the game for? A lot of the same people also say "can't wait to play this on my ps3"

You really are getting too defensive about anything "anti" 360. Although I don't see how that statement can be anti 360 if someone doesn't own a 360. I personally have bought 360 console exclusives on pc. Does this make me biased against 360? No I just don't own a 360 so I don't see a reason to pick it up for 360...

I don't personally take offense, but I can see why some would. Because it's completely unnecessary. Just say "Man, I can't wait for Mass Effect 2" instead of just going "Man, I can't wait for Mass Effect 2 on PC". It implies that one is more worth than the other, even if you don't mean it.

Well sorta, but othertimes it's used because of differences between the platforms. For example, Dragon Age isn't even the same game between PC and 360. Or people would say they were getting Arkham Asylum on PS3 for the Joker content. I agree sometimes it's just being an ass, but othertimes it's someone who owns multiple platforms and is explaining their decision on where to get it.

naznatips said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
JerCotter7 said:
kowenicki said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:

Excellent post

Well sorta, but othertimes it's used because of differences between the platforms. For example, Dragon Age isn't even the same game between PC and 360. Or people would say they were getting Arkham Asylum on PS3 for the Joker content. I agree sometimes it's just being an ass, but othertimes it's someone who owns multiple platforms and is explaining their decision on where to get it.

Well, yeah. I'm sorry, I just assumed it was a given that with reasons like that it's a different thing.

meh, to me an Exclusive is a game that is only available on one console/System/Handheld...ect
its really simple why are people trying to twist it around and turn it into a math project?

Around the Network

Pointless article is pointless. This thread should be locked. Nothing but pure flamebait.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

not to be out of text here I kind of see what he is saying. Like me for example. I use to have a 360 but after a few too many RROD I moved back to the PS brand. I missed the MS games and just ended up buying a a new MS360 controller for the pc and playing the windows games on my pc. But I also use my PC as one of my focal points of entertainment in my house. I know this substitution does not cut into the console race. But I can see the point of flame bait that he is going for.

The thread has indeed run the course of whatever legitimate discussion can be gained out of it, and now can only breed arguing. Locking.