By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Difference Between a Sony and Microsoft Exclusive

Majin-Tenshinhan said:
Thing is, even if this article didn't cherry pick horribly, I don't see how this changes a thing.

Just because the game is available on PC, it doesn't make it any more available for PS3. 360 still has a game that PS3 does not. Apparently, if it's on PC, then they can just go "Yeah, well, I'll just get it for my PC then!". Like... Okay? Go ahead?

That's like if I were to own an Xbox and a GC last gen, and some PS2-fan was mouthing off about how great RE4 is and that Xbox sucks because it doesn't have it, I go "Yeah, well, I'll just get it for my GC then! Now I have proven how superior my Xbox is to your PS2! Sure showed you!".

It's a ridiculous point he's trying to make, and he fails miserably due to what I mentioned in my earlier post.

Good post!

Around the Network

Trash article, just fanboy crap really. I would like to see an "article" about something like this that doesn't just sound like the "writer" went and combined a bunch of fanboy comments from user threads and used a thesarus to get some big words. Please lock!

CommonMan said:
Trash article, just fanboy crap really. I would like to see an "article" about something like this that doesn't just sound like the "writer" went and combined a bunch of fanboy comments from user threads and used a thesarus to get some big words. Please lock!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you can play a game on another system, it is not an exclusive. You can not play Gears of war exclusively on the xbox 360 , so its not an exclusive. You can only play killzone 2 on PS3 there for its an exclusive. Its not rocket science.

dirkd2323 said:
If you can play a game on another system, it is not an exclusive. You can not play Gears of war exclusively on the xbox 360 , so its not an exclusive. You can only play killzone 2 on PS3 there for its an exclusive. Its not rocket science.

It's still exclusively not on the PS3, so exactly how does it make a lick of difference?

And my earlier point about the biggest games on the 360 not being available on PC still stands.

Around the Network
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
Boutros said:
Being a PS3 owner, I personnaly don't see any difference between a 360 exclusive and a 360/PC game. I still can't play it on my PS3 and I don't really like buying PC games.

So for me: 360 console exclusive = 360 exclusive

And you've got it right. Even for people who like buying PC games, they still won't be able to play it on their PS3s. Which is why arguments like this make absolutely no sense.

Arguments like this (defending the PS3 by this logic) don't make sense, but they do for a PC gamer. There is no difference between calling Left 4 Dead a 360 exclusive and calling Resident Evil 4 a PS2 exclusive. No difference whatsoever.

Great article, it makes perfect sense.

kowenicki said:
@commonman

we get a lot of blogs and fansite bull passed as articles in these forums.

I feel like I'm coming off as a 360 fanboy because I just keep seeing stuff like this and saying it's bullcrap. Should I lay off? I don't want people to think that I'm a douche. I actually love all 3 of my consoles almost equally (I am holding out hope for SH:SM to be awesome and save my love for the Wii)

naznatips said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
Boutros said:
Being a PS3 owner, I personnaly don't see any difference between a 360 exclusive and a 360/PC game. I still can't play it on my PS3 and I don't really like buying PC games.

So for me: 360 console exclusive = 360 exclusive

And you've got it right. Even for people who like buying PC games, they still won't be able to play it on their PS3s. Which is why arguments like this make absolutely no sense.

Arguments like this (defending the PS3 by this logic) don't make sense, but they do for a PC gamer. There is no difference between calling Left 4 Dead a 360 exclusive and calling Resident Evil 4 a PS2 exclusive. No difference whatsoever.

Which is why they are console exclusives - A rule I believe you enforced, right? :) And a good rule at that.

Majin-Tenshinhan said:
Thing is, even if this article didn't cherry pick horribly, I don't see how this changes a thing.

Just because the game is available on PC, it doesn't make it any more available for PS3. 360 still has a game that PS3 does not. Apparently, if it's on PC, then they can just go "Yeah, well, I'll just get it for my PC then!". Like... Okay? Go ahead?

That's like if I were to own an Xbox and a GC last gen, and some PS2-fan was mouthing off about how great RE4 is and that Xbox sucks because it doesn't have it, I go "Yeah, well, I'll just get it for my GC then! Now I have proven how superior my Xbox is to your PS2! Sure showed you!".

It's a ridiculous point he's trying to make, and he fails miserably due to what I mentioned in my earlier post.

1 UP.