By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Difference Between a Sony and Microsoft Exclusive

Majin-Tenshinhan said:
naznatips said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
Boutros said:
Being a PS3 owner, I personnaly don't see any difference between a 360 exclusive and a 360/PC game. I still can't play it on my PS3 and I don't really like buying PC games.

So for me: 360 console exclusive = 360 exclusive

And you've got it right. Even for people who like buying PC games, they still won't be able to play it on their PS3s. Which is why arguments like this make absolutely no sense.

Arguments like this (defending the PS3 by this logic) don't make sense, but they do for a PC gamer. There is no difference between calling Left 4 Dead a 360 exclusive and calling Resident Evil 4 a PS2 exclusive. No difference whatsoever.

Which is why they are console exclusives - A rule I believe you enforced, right? :) And a good rule at that.

That's right. I agree with you that using the fact that they are multiplat on PC to defend the PS3 is ridiculous. Using it to defend the PC however is not.

The fact is that owning any 2 platforms would obviously give you access to both games on those platforms, and if you are (like this article) defending the PC as a second platform, then you are also admitting it's another platform, and you have just bought a second platform to play those games. So regardless of the validity of PC as a platform, using it to defend PS3 is not a valid argument. Just as it's not related to 360 it's obviously not related to PS3.

Around the Network
naznatips said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
naznatips said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
Boutros said:
Being a PS3 owner, I personnaly don't see any difference between a 360 exclusive and a 360/PC game. I still can't play it on my PS3 and I don't really like buying PC games.

So for me: 360 console exclusive = 360 exclusive

And you've got it right. Even for people who like buying PC games, they still won't be able to play it on their PS3s. Which is why arguments like this make absolutely no sense.

Arguments like this (defending the PS3 by this logic) don't make sense, but they do for a PC gamer. There is no difference between calling Left 4 Dead a 360 exclusive and calling Resident Evil 4 a PS2 exclusive. No difference whatsoever.

Which is why they are console exclusives - A rule I believe you enforced, right? :) And a good rule at that.

That's right. I agree with you that using the fact that they are multiplat on PC to defend the PS3 is ridiculous. Using it to defend the PC however is not.

The fact is that owning any 2 platforms would obviously give you access to both games on those platforms, and if you are (like this article) defending the PC as a second platform, then you are also admitting it's another platform, and you have just bought a second platform to play those games. So regardless of the validity of PC as a platform, using it to defend PS3 is not a valid argument. Just as it's not related to 360 it's obviously not related to PS3.

Agreed. The PC is very much a viable gaming platform. Just because it's more common than the others and can do lots of stuff other than play games, it doesn't mean that it doesn't count.

I like both of the pictures.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Pretty lame article. PGR3 and PGR4 are great 360 exclusives that can't be played on the PC and their are many more. So saying that you don't have to buy a 360 to play its exclusives is pretty silly IMHO. Also their still isn't a $299 PC that can run games as good as a 360/PS3 and their is definitely isn't a $199 PC that's as much fun as the Wii.

This sort of definition only really matters if you're having a 'list competition' between consoles where each respective console owners try to point out they have more/better games. Technically speaking a lot of 360 games are 'console exclusives' and we have now have a rule enforcing this view but it still stands that you can't play those games on the PS3 and so the 360 has a huge advantage in having those games available on that console. Calling something a console exclusive doesn't take that away.

If you are able, and want to, play those games on the PC then that's fine, maybe you don't need a 360 but for the many who don't like PC gaming as much as consoles (or are unable to play the games on the PC) then the games are as good as a full exclusive. If I eventually buy a 360 it will be to play games like Splinter Cell, Fable and Gears of War and so to me they are just as much a selling point as Uncharted 2, Killzone 2 ect on the PS3.

Around the Network

Ok, as someone who is more pro-Sony than pro-MS (I mean it only does everything doesn't it!), I have to say that I don't agree with that.

If a game goes to Xbox and not PS3 then the Xbox community has a right to feel some sort of pride, just as the PS3 owners feel like: *Cartman's voice* HAHA WE GOT UNCHARTED!!!

This console war is about Xbox and PS3, no-one cares about the PC.

Dr.Grass said:
Ok, as someone who is more pro-Sony than pro-MS (I mean it only does everything doesn't it!), I have to say that I don't agree with that.

If a game goes to Xbox and not PS3 then the Xbox community has a right to feel some sort of pride, just as the PS3 owners feel like: *Cartman's voice* HAHA WE GOT UNCHARTED!!!

That's... That's not quite the point we're trying to make, though.

Dr.Grass said:

"no-one cares about the PC."

ok lol enough guys i should not have posted this article damn i suck.

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

kowenicki said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
Thing is, even if this article didn't cherry pick horribly, I don't see how this changes a thing.

Just because the game is available on PC, it doesn't make it any more available for PS3. 360 still has a game that PS3 does not. Apparently, if it's on PC, then they can just go "Yeah, well, I'll just get it for my PC then!". Like... Okay? Go ahead?

That's like if I were to own an Xbox and a GC last gen, and some PS2-fan was mouthing off about how great RE4 is and that Xbox sucks because it doesn't have it, I go "Yeah, well, I'll just get it for my GC then! Now I have proven how superior my Xbox is to your PS2! Sure showed you!".

It's a ridiculous point he's trying to make, and he fails miserably due to what I mentioned in my earlier post.

Excellent post

The amount of times you see "looks great, cant wait to pick this up on pc" in a thread about a good looking future 360/pc game is just sad.  Why cant they just say "looks great"...?

I tried something similar very recently in favour of the 360... someone jumped on me very quickly of course.

Why would that annoy you? If you own a ps3 and a pc which one can you get the game for? A lot of the same people also say "can't wait to play this on my ps3"

You really are getting too defensive about anything "anti" 360. Although I don't see how that statement can be anti 360 if someone doesn't own a 360. I personally have bought 360 console exclusives on pc. Does this make me biased against 360? No I just don't own a 360 so I don't see a reason to pick it up for 360...