By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony set to win 2010

More than half of those titles are more than niche and will bomb and flop... So let's say I'm just smiling at the OP

Around the Network
ShadowSoldier said:
Grimes said:
disolitude said:
Grimes said:
Nintendo usually doesn't announce games far in advance either, which is one reason amongst many why such lists fail year after year.

thats been nintendos strategy that turned in to an excuse for not having many games for the last year and a half.

All I'm saying is you can't predict what will happen a year away from a list that is far from final.

No Disolitude is right....that has and will always be Nintendo's excuse for not having any games.

Yet Nintendo is the most successful publisher of games this generation.

Anyone can guess. It takes no effort to throw out lots of predictions and have some of them be correct. You are not and wiser or better for having your guesses be right. Even a blind man can hit the bullseye.

Yes it will

$299 + Great marketing + Great Exclusives = PS3 will win 2010

Go ahead and throw Agent and ModNation Racers on that list too. Both should be AAA.

2006, 2007 ,2008 ,2009 ,2010

They have been right so far I guess....

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Around the Network

Well that's your opinion.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

MDMAniac said:
More than half of those titles are more than niche and will bomb and flop... So let's say I'm just smiling at the OP

I want your crystal ball.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

My how the all mighty have fallen. Let's go back five years and make the suggestion that by the time the PS3 turns 3 it will have the least amount of marketshare compared to Nintendo and Microsoft.  Also, Mention the 5 billion dollars of losses the ps3 cost sony (biggest financial loss in console history). 

What kind of response would that prediction have gotten during a time when the PS2 obliterated the competition?

The bottom line is Sony is currently fighting a battle they cannot win, but they can survive if they continue to turn this thing around. Look at it this way, Sony could make a miraculous comeback and catch Microsoft and even Nintendo, but for what? No matter what Sony does they will end this generation having lost a significant amount of marketshare to both Microsoft and Nintendo.

It will leave a few fanboys butthurt, but overall the current distribution of marketshare tremendously benefits all gamers

BoneyBoy said:

My how the all mighty have fallen. Let's go back five years and make the suggestion that by the time the PS3 turns 3 it will have the least amount of marketshare compared to Nintendo and Microsoft.  Also, Mention the 5 billion dollars of losses the ps3 cost sony (biggest financial loss in console history). 

What kind of response would that prediction have gotten during a time when the PS2 obliterated the competition?

The bottom line is Sony is currently fighting a battle they cannot win, but they can survive if they continue to turn this thing around. Look at it this way, Sony could make a miraculous comeback and catch Microsoft and even Nintendo, but for what? No matter what Sony does they will end this generation having lost a significant amount of marketshare to both Microsoft and Nintendo.

It will leave a few fanboys butthurt, but overall the current distribution of marketshare tremendously benefits all gamers

When you put it that way, I won't disagree. But your previous posts were poorly stated.

Now as for the Xbox division: They lost over 4 billion dollars on the original Xbox + an additional 1 billion charge due to replacing bricked 360's. However, it's not as serious as Sony's situation, since not only do Ms make more income as a whole, but also because they're on the right track in terms of profitability now.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

@huaxiong90 - Well, don't even get me started on microsoft's losses in gaming. Yes, they can afford it, but that doesn't mean they should be blowing their money on a losing endeavor.
Yes, they are on track to profitability FINALLY, but if Natal fails, and the xbox 720 is not profitable, I say they should get out of gaming.