By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony set to win 2010

2010 won't be like 2008 or 2009 where Sony dominated things on a Software tip. No next year Microsoft and Nintendo are bringing their AAA games so really and truly everyone is going to be split on who had the best year.

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

Around the Network
ShadowSoldier said:
2010 won't be like 2008 or 2009 where Sony dominated things on a Software tip. No next year Microsoft and Nintendo are bringing their AAA games so really and truly everyone is going to be split on who had the best year.

One can only hope. Judging purely by the first half of next year, Sony is well ahead as they have been for the past two years.

Sony 1st Half 2010
-Gran Turismo 5
-God of War III
-Heavy Rain
-White Knight Chronicles: International Edition
-ModNation Racers
-3D Dot Game Heroes
-EyePet
-M.A.G.
-Star Ocean: The Last Hope International
-Atelier Rorona: Alchemist of Arland
-Ape Escape

Sony 2nd Half 2010
-Quantum
-The Last Guardian
-Agent
-Last Rebellion
-Free Realms
-DC Universe Online
-The Agency
-Final Fantasy XIV Online

Microsoft 1st Half 2010
-Mass Effect 2
-Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction
-Alan Wake
-Champions Online
-Supreme Commander 2
-Divinity 2: Ego Draconis

Microsoft 2nd Half 2010
-Halo: Reach
-Fable III
-Crackdown 2
-Ninety-Nine Nights II

Nintendo 1st Half 2010
-Monster Hunter Tri
-No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle
-Sin & Punishment: Successor to the Sky
-Trauma Team
-Super Monkey Ball: Step & Roll
-Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon
-Endless Ocean 2: Adventures of the Deep

Nintendo 2nd Half 2010
-Super Mario Galaxy 2
-Metroid: Other M
-Epic Mickey
-Arc Rise Fantasia

Seihyouken said:
ShadowSoldier said:

One can only hope. Judging purely by the first half of next year, Sony is well ahead as they have been for the past two years.

Sony 1st Half 2010
-Gran Turismo 5
-God of War III
-Heavy Rain
-White Knight Chronicles: International Edition
-ModNation Racers
-3D Dot Game Heroes
-EyePet
-M.A.G.
-Star Ocean: The Last Hope International
-Atelier Rorona: Alchemist of Arland
-Ape Escape

Sony 2nd Half 2010
-Quantum
-The Last Guardian
-Agent
-Last Rebellion
-Free Realms
-DC Universe Online
-The Agency
-Final Fantasy XIV Online

Microsoft 1st Half 2010
-Mass Effect 2
-Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction
-Alan Wake
-Champions Online
-Supreme Commander 2
-Divinity 2: Ego Draconis

Microsoft 2nd Half 2010
-Halo: Reach
-Fable III
-Crackdown 2
-Ninety-Nine Nights II

Nintendo 1st Half 2010
-Monster Hunter Tri
-No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle
-Sin & Punishment: Successor to the Sky
-Trauma Team
-Super Monkey Ball: Step & Roll
-Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon
-Endless Ocean 2: Adventures of the Deep

Nintendo 2nd Half 2010
-Super Mario Galaxy 2
-Metroid: Other M
-Epic Mickey
-Arc Rise Fantasia

wheres the proof for all sony microsoft and ninty upcoming games?

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

@Seihyouken

That PS3 list is a little biased. some of those games are...umm...may as well list Perfect Dark remake for XBL and Castlevania rebirth for wii in this case.

Also, for 360 you missed Metro 2033, Kingdom Under Fire 2, and Mechwarior, not to mention a slew of Natal game exclusives that will be announced at e3.

I think we can all agree that the PS3 will NOT win overall sales. But is that really the point? If the PS3 isn't worth investing in from a developer and consumer POV, then it's already a lost cause. But this isn't the case. Whether or not the 2010 line up appeals to you, there still is a lot of potential for a lot of people. And that "a lot" of people are worth the PS3 investment. Yeah, what's the point in investing in a console with some awesome offerings if it's not going to last in the market for long? But maybe they might offer arguably the best software and might outsell the Wii for 2010 because of that software. Just saying.

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.

Around the Network

My biggest problem here is not the premise but rather the citation.
The Examiner is basically a blog spot pretending to be a news spot.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Nintendo usually doesn't announce games far in advance either, which is one reason amongst many why such lists fail year after year.

It's kind of funny that a list just like that is in every PS3 will win 20XX thread.

Anyone can guess. It takes no effort to throw out lots of predictions and have some of them be correct. You are not and wiser or better for having your guesses be right. Even a blind man can hit the bullseye.

Grimes said:
Nintendo usually doesn't announce games far in advance either, which is one reason amongst many why such lists fail year after year.

thats been nintendos strategy that turned in to an excuse for not having many games for the last year and a half.

disolitude said:
Grimes said:

thats been nintendos strategy that turned in to an excuse for not having many games for the last year and a half.

All I'm saying is you can't predict what will happen a year away from a list that is far from final.

Anyone can guess. It takes no effort to throw out lots of predictions and have some of them be correct. You are not and wiser or better for having your guesses be right. Even a blind man can hit the bullseye.

Grimes said:
disolitude said:
Grimes said:

All I'm saying is you can't predict what will happen a year away from a list that is far from final.

No Disolitude is right....that has and will always be Nintendo's excuse for not having any games.

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi