By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony set to win 2010

Every year is the year of the ps3.......lol

People have been saying "wait until next year" since the ps3 launched

Same broken record of endless speculation year after year with nothing to show for it except for last place and billion dollar losses.

Around the Network
BoneyBoy said:

Same broken record of endless speculation year after year with nothing to show for it except for last place and billion dollar losses.

This year, the 360 is in last place overall in terms of consoles sold. Not to mention the PS3 is holding up very well with software this year.

(HD consoles only):

So, marketshare-wise, it is the year of the PS3.

Profitability will wait until about 2010 if Sony play their cards right.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

silicon said:
I predict Resistance 3 and Killzone 3 as well

I highly doubt that. It took 5 years for Killzone 2 to release. It is only going to take 1 year for Killzone 3 to release?  

dsister44 said:
silicon said:
I predict Resistance 3 and Killzone 3 as well

I highly doubt that. It took 5 years for Killzone 2 to release. It is only going to take 1 year for Killzone 3 to release?  

I don't think KZ3 will release in 2010, but here's the deal:

1. Most of those 4-5 years were spent on developing the engine. As we all know, it takes time to code for specific hardware, especially the PS3.

2. They'd have nearly 2 years to release KZ3, since KZ2 released in February.

huaxiong90 said:
BoneyBoy said:

This year, the 360 is in last place overall in terms of consoles sold. Not to mention the PS3 is holding up very well with software this year.

(HD consoles only):

360 is pirated - it is shocking the xbox 360 sells a fraction of the software it does despite being pirated.

Also, 360 still has the highest attach rate in console history DESPITE BEING PIRATED - look at how the psp fails miserably with software sales because it is pirated. 

ps3 software not impressive at all.

YES, ps3 gained market share but still in LAST PLACE....and they are STILL losing HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS of dollars...lol.

MICROSOFT could easily afford to lower their prices which would have negated -$ony's desperate price drop.

MICROSOFT made over 300 million in NET PROFIT last quarter while -$ony lost 600 million $$$$$

So IMO -$ony is clearly failing on nearly every level

Around the Network
BoneyBoy said:
huaxiong90 said:
BoneyBoy said:

(HD consoles only):

360 is pirated - it is shocking the xbox 360 sells a fraction of the software it does despite being pirated.

Also, 360 still has the highest attach rate in console history DESPITE BEING PIRATED - look at how the psp fails miserably with software sales because it is pirated. 

ps3 software not impressive at all.

YES, ps3 gained market share but still in LAST PLACE....and they are STILL losing HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS of dollars...lol.

So IMO -$ony is clearly failing on nearly every level

360 piracy isn't as bad as the PS2, since your console can get banned if you're caught when you go online (a strong selling point of the Xbox 360).

And don't even TRY to compare the piracy levels of the PSP and the Xbox 360.

PS3 software not impresive at all? Based on what? What games besides Assassin's Creed and Gears of War sold gangbusters? This year, PS3 is doing a much better job with software (and the American preorder charts also add to my point). On top of that, year headstart of the 360 helped a lot in American software sales.

It's not last place this year. The 360 is. Just look at how fast the sales gap between the two HD consoles is decreasing ever since slim launch.

So, you're wrong. They're starting to get back on their feet if anything.

This pointles thread is way too tense and serious... Here is something to help lighten up the mood.

This is getting depressing that I've seen this same article going on for the past 3 years and...awwwww kitty!

Former something....

Sony to Dominate in 09?

http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=56394

2008 Year of the PS3?

http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=100&id=7912

Anyone can guess. It takes no effort to throw out lots of predictions and have some of them be correct. You are not and wiser or better for having your guesses be right. Even a blind man can hit the bullseye.

disolitude said:

This pointles thread is way too tense and serious... Here is something to help lighten up the mood.

Lol, awww kitteh!

But no tense and seriousness anymore. All is said and done.

But I agree overall with everyone's thoughts. This talk of Sony dominating every year needs to stop.