By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can Lightning (FF13) become MORE POPULAR than Cloud (FF7)?!!

Not only will be more popular, She will be the NEW face for series... Cloud and Sephiroth will finally be put to rest. The biggest reason lightning is a woman is to appeal more to huge untaped western market her type( Lara croft styled) are automatically big

Around the Network

I dont think so, Cloud is very popular, FFXIII would need to sell like 10 million, have movies, spin offs in which Lighting appears and cameos in other games to come close.

Xxain said:
Not only will be more popular, She will be the NEW face for series... Cloud and Sephiroth will finally be put to rest. The biggest reason lightning is a woman is to appeal more to huge untaped western market her type( Lara croft styled) are automatically big

Futile hope.

Xxain said:

I agree

she is so iconic anyway

But cloud & sephiroth will STILLbe faces of FF, but Lightning will be the 3rd one

people will love her

you understand what I mean

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
dobby985 said:
More popular than Cloud? NO!
More popular than Lara Croft? Fuck NO!

Can you elaborate on your controversial points please?

Why isn't this possible?

You call my points controversial? You are suggesting that Lightning will become more popular than the two gaming icons known as Cloud Strife and Lara Croft.

I bet she won't be as popular as Yuna.

Also can you please explain to me how you think FFXIII will sell 10 million? I keep asking you this and you keep mentioning marketing campaigns. It's going to take a hell of a lot more than marketing to sell 10 million.

Around the Network
pastro243 said:
I dont think so, Cloud is very popular, FFXIII would need to sell like 10 million, have movies, spin offs in which Lighting appears and cameos in other games to come close.

which I do expect

S-E have stated that FF13 will have a compilation based around it, FF13 will have to sell that high to be able to sustain a compilation

a CGI FF13 movie is definetely a thing that could come

Lightning will be the face of HD consoles in 2010!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Cloud has spawned several other games.

Square-Enix were stupid enough to not include Lightning in the FF13 Spinoffs.

So for this reason, it breaks my heart... To say no.

Although... She will be greater than Tifa!

darthdevidem01 said:
NiKKoM said:
How do you come up with threads like these... xD

But no... Little whinny Emo boys don't like white clothing... so Lightning will never be as popular...

but lightning has things cloud didn't

a personality is one of them

Do you really want to see millions of guys cosplaying as lightning?? So you better hope the answer is no...

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Hell no!

Cloud had that emo look (which I dislike) but he's just different, I dunno. But no FF character will ever be as big as Cloud.

Xen said:
Xxain said:

Futile hope.

Xen you may not see it now....not only is lightning suppose to be the new Cloud but FFXIII is suppose to be the new FF7....and since SE has expanded the audience( not just the ppl who played FF from old) she in there mind will be the big thing as they dont kno Cloud... FF7 expanded and brought new 1st time fans that started with it who hold it dear to there heart, FFXIII will do the same thing... trust me