By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can Lightning (FF13) become MORE POPULAR than Cloud (FF7)?!!

iLLmaticV3 said:
V-r0cK said:
Lightning wont be more popular than Cloud...but Noctis has a better chance =)

I second that!

Or rather, Lightning will be the most popular FF character until FF 13 Versus arrives with Noctis (Lightning's popular will unfortuntely be short lived).

Around the Network
g-value said:
iLLmaticV3 said:
V-r0cK said:

I second that!

Or rather, Lightning will be the most popular FF character until FF 13 Versus arrives with Noctis (Lightning's popular will unfortuntely be short lived).

I want whatever drugs you guys are taking. They must be good.

Carl2291 said:
g-value said:
iLLmaticV3 said:
V-r0cK said:

I second that!

Yeah, its called "reality". Face the facts man, Noctis has ALL the aspects of being a more popular character then Cloud (from what we have seen so far). I mean, Noctis has a badass character design, 100 swords fighting for him, glowing red eyes. I can't think of a single jrpg character that has it like that.

darthdevidem01 said:
dobby985 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
dobby985 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
dobby985 said:
More popular than Cloud? NO!
More popular than Lara Croft? Fuck NO!

Can you elaborate on your controversial points please?

Why isn't this possible?

You call my points controversial? You are suggesting that Lightning will become more popular than the two gaming icons known as Cloud Strife and Lara Croft.

I bet she won't be as popular as Yuna.

Also can you please explain to me how you think FFXIII will sell 10 million? I keep asking you this and you keep mentioning marketing campaigns. It's going to take a hell of a lot more than marketing to sell 10 million.

ROFL ROFL ROFL

she'll beat that spineless woman anyday!

Now on FF13 & 10 million:

this is the first FF of its gen = 7 Million + already

Gamers are STARVED for aJRPG

Story looks iconic

Characters look amazing

PS360 have a HUGE installed base

Most of all.....its a game that can definetely define a genre & change a few things.

Why FFXIII won't sell 10 million:

The Japanese gaming industry isn't as strong as it used to be.

Pre-orders are more than FFXII but less than FFX. (I expect it to outsell FFXII at least).

The western market is thriving with shooters and WRPGs now being a lot more popular than JRPGs.

The only system that can sell JRPGs is the DS which it isn't on.

The game but it is clearly not genre-defining. FF hasn't evolved at all.

The graphics aren't very good.

The story is the same old kids saving the world thing that we have seen in JRPGs 1000 times before.

1. I agree......but it will be bigger in the west

2. Source for that claim? who said FFX pre-orders > FF13's

3. So? all the more reason for FF13 to be that iconic JRPG that bring the genre back to life...its a good thing JRPG's haven't done much this gen, FF13 can take advantage of that

4. Lost Oddesy sold 800K....which is A LOT for a JRPG

combined Tales Of Vesperia has sold very well in Japan

Whit Knight Chronicles (On PS3) is Level 5's best selling JRPg barring the DQ games & Rogue Galaxy (which it should surpass hopefully)

Also FF13 will once again bring the genre to life

5. FF13 has evolved......you just haven't looked for the right info, they are adding new things into it.

6. In motiont hey are amazing from the trailers we have seen, gaming journalists have praised its graphics too

8. Yes "kids" who are over all 18 except for Hope....nice word there. & saving the world.....oh yeah thats done in 90% of the games out be it JRPG, WRPG, shooter, FPS so on & so forth.

Once again research about its story more, you will find its actually not that cliched.....which I was surprised about. but beware, there are minor spoilers present, if you want the story to really surprise you, pretend I said nothing

1. Big enough in the west to sell 10 million? LMAO!

2. I saw it in a couple of threads, I think SE said it themselves.

3. It will be a big hit, but not as big as you predict.

4. Yes, 800K....which is A LOT for a JRPG! 10 million is impossible unless it is on the DS.

5. Name me something "new" about FFXIII. Versus XIII is a lot more revolutionary.

6. Yes, the pre-rendered clips look nice but the in game graphics are terrible. The textures (i.e. the grass) are fugly.

Why did you skip no 7?

8. You clearly haven't played many WRPGs or FPS games.

Arguing is fun! xD

Carl2291 said:
g-value said:
iLLmaticV3 said:
V-r0cK said:

I second that!

All I can really say about Noctis is that he has mass appeal, you can agree with it or not.

Females(Guys too?) like him, because he's....HOT!

Guys like him, because he is pretty much just...badass, I don't really need to say more.

Hopefully when they show more of him, he will have a cool personality and won't be generic.
I believe Noctis definitely has potential, be it big or not.

Odd. Future. Wolf. Gang. Kill. Em. All. OFWGKTA Don't give a fuck!

Fuck Steve Harvey. FREE EARL!

Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be the GREATEST game EVER made!!!

I'd take a bullet for Square-Enix! 

Around the Network
g-value said:
Carl2291 said:
g-value said:
iLLmaticV3 said:
V-r0cK said:

I second that!

Yeah, its called "reality". Face the facts man, Noctis has ALL the aspects of being a more popular character then Cloud (from what we have seen so far). I mean, Noctis has a badass character design, 100 swords fighting for him, glowing red eyes. I can't think of a single jrpg character that has it like that.

Noctis is a spinoff character.

That is all.

yep she can but she will never be as popular as squall (ff8) :p

Death is nothing to fear

All death means is a new destination

Carl2291 said:
g-value said:
Carl2291 said:
g-value said:
iLLmaticV3 said:
V-r0cK said:

I second that!

Noctis is a spinoff character.

That is all.

so what?

@ Carl2291

That is all.

FF vXIII won't have the same exposure/sales the regular will have... Noctis hasn't the slightest chance to be bigger than Lightning, and don't make me mention Cloud/Sephy.