By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - SONY..caring for their customers

NJ5 said:
We should just be rational and realize that corporations aren't always looking out for their customers, very often they're just looking at pursuing whatever is the agenda of the day.

Winner of the thread.

People who fight for a particular console, car, OS, ect almost always forget that the company doesn't give a rats ass about them outside of how much money they can sucker them out of.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

Around the Network
Dallinor said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
Dallinor said:

Anecdotal evidence is more telling then an industry award?

I personally hate the film "A Room with a View" yet it won 3 Academy Awards.

Whats more telling and valuable of the two above?

Your post wins the Sony Ultimate Cookie King award.

Your user name is ironic really.

If you can't defend your position after making a claim in a post, don't post at all.

I did defend my position with my last post however not in so many words. Don't worry about it though. By now, it's very much akin to how explaining a joke will never make it funny.  Let's move on.

To start from the top, my point was that personal testimonies like the above are valuable (read: meaningful) than awards.

Your counterpoint was to show an instance where something that was personally disliked won many awards.

My point in response will now be: If you did not like the film, how meaningful are those awards to you?

FishyJoe said:
What is the criteria for the award? It sounds like an industry award, not one given by a consumer agency.

GooseGaws said:
Yeah, the company itself may have any number of other clients in addition to Sony. Not to say anything about the quality of their customer service, but the link this award has to Sony is tenuous at best.

GooseGaws said:
@vizunary:

What I mean is that the company could field calls for dozens of companies, and that the relevance of Sony's being a client of theirs could have very little to do with the award. I'm not saying that is necessarily the case, I'm just saying that this is a pretty dubious pat on the back to be giving Sony. d

qft X 3

Actually, Sony cares so much about the customer, they got rid of their own customer service and hired a company to reduce costs!

The award has little to no connection to Sony, sorry.

cool48 said:

Just thought I'd post this for everybody who keeps on saying SONY's customer service is horrible.

@cool48: Did you even read the news ?

http://www.noa.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=319&Itemid=127

Sitel was rewarded by the National Outsourcing Association for the successfull outsourcing of the PS3 cs!

What's next ?

IBM getting a reward for butchering the PS3 cell to just 1 SPE?

The customer is surely going to win in both examples, cause the customer is Sony not us!

p.s.

I'm in no way bashing Sony, but this ridiculous post!

Stop to post everything "+PS3 +award" related without reading it first !

I only ever dealt with Sony CS once and that had to do with my PS2. Literally a week after buying it the laser went out (I bought it used, and I'm just about certain it was only being sold because the laser started acting up and the seller was a jackass who wanted to take advantage of some poor sucker, i.e. me).
I called Sony up and they said that they'd replace the laser for free and even cover the shipping, which was pretty nice. There were also some chips on the console which they even patched up for me. In all, I got it back in better condition than when I bought it and my only complaint would have to be that it took like 6 or 8 weeks to get it back, but as that's how it usually goes, it's really not a complaint.

That said though, it's pretty telling that it took a class action lawsuit to get them to cooperate with their customers to fix a mistake that probably shouldn't have ever happened. I'd be more impressed if it hadn't taken governmental action.

@ afree_account

The link doesn't even work anymore(don't know why).

You're link did not even have to do anything with what I posted. On top of that I never even mentioned the PS3, thats not even what the awards are about. And I did read the article.

Whatever you're smoking stay away from it.

Around the Network
cool48 said:
@ afree_account

The link doesn't even work anymore(don't know why).

You're link did not even have to do anything with what I posted. On top of that I never even mentioned the PS3, thats not even what the awards are about. And I did read the article.

Whatever you're smoking stay away from it

1. Sorry the article is still up, no way to dodge the bullet!

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2007/10/31/playstation-customer-care-gets-two-awards/

PlayStation customer care gets two awards

Another feather in the cap for the PlayStation brand, replacing those weird ugly marks that marred the hat in the eyes of the public for a little while. Two aspects of the PlayStation customer service system, the call center and outsourcing technology, have recently been given the thumbs up in the form of two awards, given by the National Outsourcing Association.

While Sony doesn't get the awards, the service who takes care of the customer care end, Sitel, claimed the awards for Best Private Sector Call Centre and Utilities and High-Tech Outsourcing Project of the Year. Like we said, not directly Sony, but it's a plus in the PlayStation brand as a whole. Anyone had to rely on customer service with a Sony product? Did it go swimmingly?

2. My link didn't contribute ?
http://www.noa.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=319&Itemid=127
National
Outsourcing
Association
Excerpt from that page:

6. Utilities and High-Tech Outsourcing Project of the Year

• Sitel / Sony Playstation
    • Wipro / Applied Materials
    • Sitel / British Gas
I posted the link for the ones who actually read the article.
It's essentiell to understand the purpose of the NOA to judge properly!

3. You saying it's not about the PS3:
You don't get the point!
It's not about Sonys customer service quality!
It's about sitels skill as outsourcing partner and sonys cost reduction!

4. You saying you read the article ?
Improbable, maybe the headline!
Open your eyes fanboy and don't try to argue with adults!
thx