By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - SONY..caring for their customers

Just thought I'd post this for everybody who keeps on saying SONY's customer service is horrible.

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2007/10/31/playstation-customer-care-gets-two-awards/ 

Around the Network

Good fot that customer service center.

That Customer Service Center would gladly work two jobs for a PS3.

What is the criteria for the award? It sounds like an industry award, not one given by a consumer agency.

Yeah, the company itself may have any number of other clients in addition to Sony. Not to say anything about the quality of their customer service, but the link this award has to Sony is tenuous at best.

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

Around the Network

Didn't take long, 3rd post already trollish crap.

Customer service people have an easy job, hardly ever any PS3 break.

The only one who is trolling here is you Enos. If you have any complaints, then report it.

EnosStory said:
Didn't take long, 3rd post already trollish crap.

Customer service people have an easy job, hardly ever any PS3 break.

The awards are already in question over their context, my coments were just a gest at an amusing idea not a gesture to piss in Sony's coffee. Even then there are countless examples of poor consumer consideration looking at the sheer logistics of the PS3 and Sony's early PR campaigns so I also wanted get people thinking about what this award's validity and context.

If Nintendo won an award for best Video game graphics would it be trolling for someone to call into question its validity?

I played EQ for 8 years. Have owned a PS2, a PS1, and NUMEROUS other sony products.

As a consumer I am telling you right now that Sony has hands down, bar none the WORST customer service of any company I have ever dealt with. Its not even close. I have been hung up on at least 6 times by CS reps while in the middle of talking with them. 2 of those were over trying to get my PS2 replaced when the laser messed up. 3 Were were over a TV issue where all I wanted to ask was who their repair reps in the area were because my warranty was up already. And another 1 was when I tried to cancel my EQ account and they refused to prorate my subscription fee.

I have another 2 dozen or so "mysterious hangups" while being transfered, a few other occasions of being told that they can't escalate calls to their supervisor only to badger them for 20 minutes until they finally relent.

edit: I will also add that in EQ it was standard to wait 48 hours on most servers to hear back from GMs and CS reps a lot of the time.  If you were lucky you got a responce in 4 or 5 hours. This from people who are supposedly online 24/7 and have volunteer guides doing the routine basic stuff for them.  Even then 9 times out of 10 they would basically tell you to just bugger off and then go to help someone else.  They even implemented a system so that you couldn't send GMs tells unless they wanted you to so that they could cut you off.  Then they would ban you if you reported this same issue again to try and get someone to actually help you.  After a while you learn to just not even try.

Ultimately, I have begun avoiding Sony products because of it. It was a major part of why I got a Wii instead of a PS3 back in '06 and to this day is a reason. Now with that said the PS3 has proven reliable thus far and so I am beginning to think it might not be an issue. If there are no issues with the console in early '08 I will probably be to a point where I am willing to overlook it.

With that in mind, no amount of "good deeds" or awards I've never heard of is going to convince me they have changed. Only when I have called them and gotten zero hassle and only assistance will I actually believe it.

Truly Yours
Jaded Sony Customer~

PS - In case you are wondering why I have these fairly detailed stats on my Sony CS dealings its because of my EQ days. I started tracking it around year 2 because the in-game CS was so horrible that I started emailing complaints on a semi-regular basis. I only ever got responces that basically said "We care...but fuck off!"

To Each Man, Responsibility

well, it's not like bad customer service stops selling consoles. heck, not even a 30% failure rate stops consoles from selling.

the Wii is an epidemic.