By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - SONY..caring for their customers

Dallinor said:

Anecdotal evidence is more telling then an industry award?

I personally hate the film "A Room with a View" yet it won 3 Academy Awards.

Whats more telling and valuable of the two above? 

Your post wins the Sony Ultimate Cookie King award.

Around the Network

I'm not too sure I would associate 'caring' to a company that has installed a virus on paying customers computers, or waited for a class action lawsuit to do anything about their faulty system. Sony BMG, Sony Online Entertainment and Sony Computer Entertainment have all built reputations as having awful customer service.

The fact that Sony has contracted out some of their service to good companies is something they should be credited with; personally, I'm surprised by this ... Maybe the companies that require rectal probes to get your system repaired were asking for too much money from Sony.

PS2 Disk Read Error class action lawsuit, anyone?

Sony music CD rootkits ignoring EULA, anyone?

----

Customer Service is a crazy industry, btw. As a CS rep, EVERYTHING IS YOUR FAULT. Unsatisfied Customer, even if he voided his warranty and was a rude jerk? YOUR FAULT. Took too long to reply because you're understaffed and had to handle 20 calls at once? YOUR FAULT. Then the manager pops up and says: "Only 67% satisfation rate! YOUR FAULT!"

There is no such thing as a console war. This is the first step to game design.

Chadius said:
PS2 Disk Read Error class action lawsuit, anyone?

Sony music CD rootkits ignoring EULA, anyone?

----

Customer Service is a crazy industry, btw. As a CS rep, EVERYTHING IS YOUR FAULT. Unsatisfied Customer, even if he voided his warranty and was a rude jerk? YOUR FAULT. Took too long to reply because you're understaffed and had to handle 20 calls at once? YOUR FAULT. Then the manager pops up and says: "Only 67% satisfation rate! YOUR FAULT!"

So true. By the way, Sony is on round 2 with their rootkit, the new and improved model. Maybe they build a brand with it, like Playstation or Walkman. The rootkit doesn't really bother me in person (as a Linux user), but generally i think that some people at Sony should be terminated for their rootkit.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Let's not turn this into a Sony CS bashfest.

Around the Network

Awards does not mean much. Sony and Nintendo have giving me hard times with customer support. The problem with the Sonys customer service were that they were to lazy and did not do their job correctly. Nintendo treated me like a idiot and tried to trick me "Prove that you have not gotten your console back" what a nonsense.

I have only had to deal with Sony customer service once, for my PS2, and they sorted it out quickly with a fair deal (n.b I've had two sony phones about 5 sony cd player, about 5 stereos, and of course, PS2, PS3 and PSP)

add me

The truth is that all corporations will do bullshit. Microsoft often engages in monopolistic practices (and I say this even though I have been an employee), Nintendo has engaged in price manipulation on their software, and we have several Sony examples listed in this thread already.

We should just be rational and realize that corporations aren't always looking out for their customers, very often they're just looking at pursuing whatever is the agenda of the day.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

FishyJoe said:
Let's not turn this into a Sony CS bashfest.

why not?  Why does it matter what people want to talk about?  If people are having productive discussion with well thought out posts, using supportive evidence, what is the problem?

Here's a video from my band's last show Check out more (bigger) videos here http://www.youtube.com/user/icemanout
Words Of Wisdom said:
Dallinor said:

Anecdotal evidence is more telling then an industry award?

I personally hate the film "A Room with a View" yet it won 3 Academy Awards.

Whats more telling and valuable of the two above? 

Your post wins the Sony Ultimate Cookie King award.

Your user name is ironic really.

If you can't defend your position after making a claim in a post, don't post at all.