By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Software Sales Ratios (Attach Rates) by Console

So if Wii Play was sold for 10 dollars at retailers it wouldn't count?

I lol at every post complaining about the sales of Wii Sports and Wii Play...

^Click on cards to level'em up!!!^ =D

Around the Network

I have 3 XBLA games, one of which was free (Hexic). I have 14 VC games.

EDIT: You must realize that seeing a game on a person's list may only mean that they've downloaded the trial, not purchased the full version.

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

Uhm..how did I post a response to Griffin 4 minutes before he posted =P?

To Each Man, Responsibility

Alright, so you have successfully developed an interdimensional space-time portal. Stop rubbing it in our faces, already.

Hates Nomura.

Okay folks, let's face some facts here: Nintendo is purposely courting more casual players and those people, by sheer definition, buy fewer games. So it should be expected that the Wii would have the lowest attach rate. The fact that it is as high as it is, and very comparible to PS3's is testiment that Nintendo's strategy is working, not only are they luring non-traditional players in, they are getting them to buy games!

Conversely we could debate what the hell is wrong with the PS3 it can't sell more software than the Wii?! Fact is, at it's price it's almost entirely core gamers, it should be smoking the Wii's attach rate. Why isn't it?

Hats off to Microsoft, without question they have manage to find a niche which is very profitable because they buy a lot of games. I think this holds true even in Japan, but please, someone correct me if I'm wrong here.

As for PS3 pulling ahead of Wii over the holidays, I agree with Parokki, while the PS3 has some fine games coming, none will have the attach rates of SMG, SSBM, Mario Kart, and quite likely WiiFit. The first three all had fantastic attach rates on GC and I'd expect the same for Wii, especially for SMG. Wii will pull ahead with these 4 lined up.

Around the Network
GooseGaws said:
Alright, so you have successfully developed an interdimensional space-time portal. Stop rubbing it in our faces, already.

Who wants advanced copies of SMU?  For those who are too LAME to know the 2012 lingo~  That is Super Mario Universe!  I suppose I could also spring for an extra Wii2 as well...but you guys have to share!

You mean they didn't take the UR MR GAY angle and run with it? It must have portended some kind of future direction for the franchise...

Hates Nomura.

BengaBenga said:
darkfire001 said:
It'd be interesting to see the Wii's attach rate for JUST 3rd parties vs the 360 and the PS3's.

It'd be interesting to see Wii's attach rate with Virtual Console games included...

It would also would be intersting if you included PSN and XBLA games too.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Attach rates *should* go up over time -- more games are released, and much better games are released. Also, most PS3s can play PS2 titles, so some of those PS2 titles are actually disguised PS3 sales, which skews the numbers a bit.

Also note that BluRay disks are a whole separate revenue stream for the PS3. It's a small stream now, I think HD discs (BluRay plus HDDVD) are 5% of all DVD sales, but will accelerate fast.

Nope they went with...

"UR MR ION"

But little did we know this turned out to be a real prank. If you don't beat the game in 20 hours the game ionizes your room and once enough charge has built up it strikes out and kills you with a bolt of lightning. It will also do this if it detects an Xbox 720 or a Sega DreamWeaver in the vacinity. All in all its worth the risk.