By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Tales of Graces outsell Tales of Vesperia (PS3) in Japan?

darthdevidem01 said:
how will FF13 affect Tales of Graces sales?

they are on 2 sperate consoles!

Smaller games in a genre will always be affected by larger games in the same genre, regardless of platform. I wouldn't be surprised if some RPG fans hold off from buying Graces and go for FFXIII instead.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

Yes. And this has less to do with ToV PS3 being "just a port" (that people keep screaming for a localization of) and more to do with Team Destiny, install base, and most likely being a better game.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

ClaudeLv250 said:
Yes. And this has less to do with ToV PS3 being "just a port" (that people keep screaming for a localization of) and more to do with Team Destiny, install base, and most likely being a better game.

It's true that Team Destiny could mean larger sales for this game, but I haven't really seen that highlighted. Is it even well-known that this game isn't made by Team Symphonia?

Soriku said:
"It's true that Team Destiny could mean larger sales for this game, but I haven't really seen that highlighted. Is it even well-known that this game isn't made by Team Symphonia?"

Yes. We've known this for a while when the producer I think said that the game was made by the guys who made the 2D games..that's Team Destiny. In the interview yesterday he also said that the game was made by the the original guys that made Destiny.

Well yeah, I know that. I meant, is it a well-known fact? Does the general consumer know it? Or do only the forum-campers like us? Then again, maybe everyone who buys Tales in Japan is a forum-camper. I have no clue.

Can I have a say? Tales games have proven to sell well on Nintendo consoles hence, TOS and others. In fact, I'm baffled that Namco does not port Tales of Innocence (DS) to the States and Europe. That in itself is appaling. Tales of Graces, if I must say so myself is probably the most hyped Tales game of all time! Not only that, we get coverage of the game at a constant rate, pre-orders are selling out and its even getting its own budle pack with the Wii in Japan: DUHHH ITS GOING TO OUTSELL PS3 VESPERIA. I mean come on!

NINTENDO

nintendo forever . . .

Around the Network

I think it will be pretty close.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

I think it will actually say which console is more appropriate and welcoming for the Genre. PS3 or the Wii. Its going to be an interesting battle. But as it stands PS3s JRPGs sales> Wiis..IIRC

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

ToG will easily beat ToV.

Is ToV (PS3) a remake? no
Is ToV (PS3) a new game? no.
It's a port. A rather nicely done enhanced port, but still a port.

Anyways, I reallllly hope ToG does outsell ToV, to (hopefully) increase the fanbase. The series really deserves more sales. Then we might actually get those damned handheld Tales.

Yes ... first its a mothership title , 2 it got bumbles , 3 the there is much more wii than PS3s in japan keep that in mind ...4 it got a great review socre from famitsu 9/9/9/9

GO PATS! 2012 THE YEAR OF NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS'S 4TH SUPER BOWL!

A patriot to the end. GO PATS!

Now playing> THE LAST STORY (Wii) Best RPG I EVER PLAYED. *-*

Nintendo could u please just take my money and give me back my 3DS?!