By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Tales of Graces outsell Tales of Vesperia (PS3) in Japan?

The question is in the thread title. Will ToG outsell the PS3-version of ToV in Japan?

Personally, I'm unsure. I definitely hope it does, and I think it looks like it deserves it. It looks like a fantastic game, Wii is more popular in Japan than the other consoles, but Wii hasn't really gotten to show off a JRPG fanbase at all. This will be one of the big tests to see if the fanbase is there - What do you think?

I have no idea how preorders or stuff like that are tracking, but I hope to see impressive sales.

Around the Network

I'm not entirely sure how it'll perform in Japan. I do hope it sells well since it definitely looks like a fantastic game.

But for me, I'll definitely be picking up Tales of Graces before I pick up Tales of Vesperia(PS3)

I'm going to go with yes. If only because of Wii's higher install base and the PS3 version of Vesperia releasing late.

Oh, and Famitsu says that Graces is a (barely) better game, and a lot of people in Japan trust Famitsu.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

According to the latest Japan preview, ToG has almost 75k preorders. That means it will greatly outsell other Wii JRPG's such as Fragile and Arc Rise Fantasia. Don't know how much ToV did first day/week but ToG may atleast come close to it. The recent 36/40 score from Famitsu could mean a few extra sales.

a new internet hyped game on a much bigger install base console... is to sell a year later port on a smaller user-base console?

God I hope so

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network

Vesperia (PS3) should end up at ~350-400k.

I think it will outsell it.

I editted it since I didn't see the PS3 part.

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

kingofwale said:
a new internet hyped game on a much bigger install base console... is to sell a year later port on a smaller user-base console?

God I hope so

That's not fair. Vesperia did exceptionally well for a late port and you know it - don't try to belittle it's success.

It better, the PS3 version is a year old port of a 360 game.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
kingofwale said:

God I hope so

That's not fair. Vesperia did exceptionally well for a late port and you know it - don't try to belittle it's success.

Also, the size of the JRPG fanbase on the Wii is something to consider.

Tales of Symphonia 2 did well, considering it was more of a spin off, with ~220k sold in Japan according to VGC, ~150k first week. Arc Rise Fantasia stands at ~50k, Fragile at ~60k.

If ToS2 did 150k first week, then ToG should be able to do that as well.

ToV did really good first week with 225k (more than ToS2 LTD) and currently stands at ~330k.

I don't think it will be easy for ToG to beat ToV.

Majin-Tenshinhan said:
kingofwale said:

God I hope so

The point is that Vesperia wouldve sold better by not being a late port. It sold great for a late port though.