By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Tales of Graces outsell Tales of Vesperia (PS3) in Japan?

gustave154 said:
lol psrock so any game that is similar to a game released before it a port??
so can i classify the modern warfare reflex JUST a port?

Modern Warfare: Reflex isn't really a good example.

Sonic Adventure DX, Super Mario 64 DS are examples of enhanced ports. Calling Tales of Vesperia on PS3 "just a port" isn't fair, and everyone in this thread knows it. But they like doing it anyway.

Around the Network

A brand new Tales of game, the highest Famitsu score for the series, a December release date, a 9 million userbase.

vs.

a year late port, 3.5 million userbase.

Oh I dont even know.

outlawauron said:
famousringo said:
forest-spirit said:

This is Famitsu's latest estimates for ToG:

(Wii) Tales of Graces : 200-260k / 230-290k     (First Shipment / Lifetime sales)

So they expect it to perform the same as Vesperia on PS3, despite the fact that 200k Japanese customers had already bought it for 360 and despite the fact that the Wii install base is some 70% larger than PS3 and 360 combined.

I guess we'll see. It seems unlikely to me, but I know better than to pretend that I understand the capricious Japanese market.

Well, Vesperia on PS3 is sitting at 330k right now and is still selling 2k each week. That'll also improve as more JRPG fans buy the console for FFXIII along with the holiday boosts. I expect the PS3 version to end up at no less than 360-375k.

EDIT: I'd be shocked if Graces does not pass this.

I had confident in ToG to outsell ToV up until a couple month ago. Now the expectation is extremly low. I would be pleasantly surprised if it passes 300K.

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

Rei said:
A brand new Tales of game, the highest Famitsu score for the series, a December release date, a 9 million userbase.

vs.

a year late port, 3.5 million userbase.

Oh I dont even know.

A brand new Tales of game - yes

The Highest Famitsu score for the series - one point more than Vesperia, wow... And coming on the same console as (if my memory serves me right) the lowest ranking Tales game on Famitsu, probably making some people warry of buying this one

A December release date - one week before FF13, the most highly touted jrpg...

A 9 million userbase - sure, but it's all about what the userbase is interested in. By that same logic any multiplatform game that is both on the PS3 and the 360 (outside of Japan) should sell the most on the 360 wherever there are more 360s and vice versa, but that is not always happening... And both you and I know that the PS360 userbase are much more similar to each other than any of those to the WIi userbase.

A year late port - so improved that the "original" was considered in hindsight a beta and lots of 360 owners bought this version as well.

3.5 million userbase - see above.

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

Graces will be a HUGE seller... and anybody who really, really loves the Tales series would have already bought an Xbox 360 just so they could play Vesperia, like I did.

Around the Network
damkira said:
Graces will be a HUGE seller... and anybody who really, really loves the Tales series would have already bought an Xbox 360 just so they could play Vesperia, like I did.

Let's hope so. Any reason you think it'll do so well?

It seems like it will be close based on the numbers from the Japan preview. Tales of Vespera did very well, but it seems like Tales of Graces has a lot going for it.

It MUST do!!!

here are my reasons.

* It's the best rated (if its certain) Tales of in Famitsu ever, and wee all know the great Famitsu's influence in Japan

* It's an exclusive game. there's no competition in sales with other system version like in Vesperia

* Wii has more gamer base, and I think this game could increase Wii sales in Japan

how will FF13 affect Tales of Graces sales?

they are on 2 sperate consoles!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
how will FF13 affect Tales of Graces sales?

they are on 2 sperate consoles!

Multiple console owners - I would think there would be quite a number of those among jrpg lovers? If not then I am wrong in that part.

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin