By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - New Poll - What will be the best selling game in December?

What will be the best selling game in December?

Assassin's Creed II 440 6.44%

Final Fantasy XIII 2,047 29.98%

Modern Warfare 2 1,885 27.60%

New Super Mario Bros. Wii 2,234 32.71%

Wii Fit Plus 83 1.22%

Other 140 2.05%

Total:6,829
c0rd said:
c0rd said:

The crazy part is, FFXIII may not even outsell NSMB Wii in its only region, Japan.

Once again, people mistake the poll questions for, "What is your favorite game?"

Honestly, NSMB Wii's sales without Japan may outdo all of the games listed.

After seeing this week's sales, if they're accurate, it looks like the bold above is likely.

Doesn't surprise me, yet the game got only 32% of the poll votes!

Well most people on this site are more of the "hardcore" type.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Around the Network

Looking through the thread, you'd think 60%+ were voting NSMB, but the poll does not reflect that.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

Oooh, embedded polls.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Demotruk said:
Looking through the thread, you'd think 60%+ were voting NSMB, but the poll does not reflect that.

Because not everyone that votes does also post his/her opinion here.

Wii Sports probably.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

Around the Network

I can't believe people vote for Modern Warfare 2... It's not it's opening week or anything... I'll
go with Mario...

dhart has a point...........

I'm flabbergasted that it's so close between NSMB, FFXIII and MW2. I would have thought NSMB would be up there at about 90%. The other 10% having never heard of NSMB before.

Poll would have been interesting had it excluded NSMB, so the question would have been "What will be the 2nd best selling game this December?" Might have had a few more people going for other games.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Lol.

2 weeks in:
NSMB:Wii - 3 million
Wii Sports - 2.36 million (understandable if that doesn't count though)
Modern Warfare 2 - 1.62 million (not inc. PC, but then as VGC doesn't trackPC I would guess it is notreally included in the OP anyway)
WiiSports Resort - 1.44 million
Wii Fit + 1.38 million
Assassin's Creed 2 - 1.28 million

----

To be honest I think the third week of NSMBWii alone is going to be close in figures to the launch week of FFXIII. I think it should get about 1 million from America + Europe, and the Japan preview stated 470k, so about 1,450k - 1,500k for NSMBWii... wheras the preview has FFXIII at 1.35 million.

The following week will not be as large me-thinks.... but for December (5 week period ending 2nd/3rd of Jan) I think we should see this:

1. 6.0 million - NSMBWii
2. 3.6 million - Wii Sports Resort (which is not specifically in the poll)
3. 3.5 million - Modern Warfare 2
4. 3.4 million - Wii Fit +
5. 2.4 million - Assassin's Creed 2
6. 1.8 million - Final Fantasy XIII

Considering we are including multiplats, Mario & Sonic is advertised as a multiplat (I don't think I would count it as one, but some other sports games like Fifa are generally counted across all platforms even though handheld, Wii, and HD system games are very different... same for film tie-ins)
Anyhow, including Mario & Sonic would bump down FFXIII more so as it should manage 2.2-2.3 million for December (across Wii and DS)

TWRoO said:
Lol.

2 weeks in:
NSMB:Wii - 3 million
Wii Sports - 2.36 million (understandable if that doesn't count though)
Modern Warfare 2 - 1.62 million (not inc. PC, but then as VGC doesn't trackPC I would guess it is notreally included in the OP anyway)
WiiSports Resort - 1.44 million
Wii Fit + 1.38 million
Assassin's Creed 2 - 1.28 million

----

To be honest I think the third week of NSMBWii alone is going to be close in figures to the launch week of FFXIII. I think it should get about 1 million from America + Europe, and the Japan preview stated 470k, so about 1,450k - 1,500k for NSMBWii... wheras the preview has FFXIII at 1.35 million.

The following week will not be as large me-thinks.... but for December (5 week period ending 2nd/3rd of Jan) I think we should see this:

1. 6.0 million - NSMBWii
2. 3.6 million - Wii Sports Resort (which is not specifically in the poll)
3. 3.5 million - Modern Warfare 2
4. 3.4 million - Wii Fit +
5. 2.4 million - Assassin's Creed 2
6. 1.8 million - Final Fantasy XIII

Considering we are including multiplats, Mario & Sonic is advertised as a multiplat (I don't think I would count it as one, but some other sports games like Fifa are generally counted across all platforms even though handheld, Wii, and HD system games are very different... same for film tie-ins)
Anyhow, including Mario & Sonic would bump down FFXIII more so as it should manage 2.2-2.3 million for December (across Wii and DS)

Ditto on the bolded and underlined; anybody who thinks that something else is going to outsell NSMBWii this month must truly be lost. I mean. hell, it's already got the month wrapped up.

The BuShA owns all!