By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 Selling 1 MILLION in 1 Week - Looking LIKELY?

Oh, there was an edit from last night. It still feels like it will fall short though. It looks like PS3 is going to get December's NPD. Is this what Microsoft meant by PS3 will be third again soon?

Go Team Venture! I still don't get the Wii, PS Move,  and Kinect.

Around the Network

I actually don't know

the thing is xmas week sales + the week before is kinda skewed because they are at wierd dates

The CRUCIAL thing here is America & FF13

basically I agree with kowenicki's above analysis

@Psrock

even contemplating this thought is BIG for PS3

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

It'd be pretty fantastic for the PS3 if this happened. If it is going to happen, it will have to be the week of FFXIII in Japan.

Off-Topic: I just added an avatar :D

Surely, and Im looking forward to get a PS3 bundle(hopefully there will be one just like the Black Friday) this Christmas for one of my kids.... I missed out the great deal Black Friday bundle at BestBuy.

kowenicki said:
Carl2291 said:
Gilgamesh said:
Carl2291 said:
kowenicki said:
let me see... which week is FFXIII out in Japan?

19th. The "big week" lol.

At least, im 99.999999% sure that it is.

The 17th. Week ending December 20th, 4 days of sales.

Well spotted, im typing way too fast and trying to watch football at the same time lol, easy to make a few mistakes. Thanks.

@Heavenly Sigma... Taken from the bottom of the Sony section of the article -

"with more data coming in, it looks like PS3 could actually be as high as 450,000 for the week once all is said and done"

the week ends 19th actually.  thats what i mean about sales being split.

The week ends at the 20th in Japan they count till Sunday.

@OT: I don't think it will hit 1 mil but it might come close.

Around the Network

I am pretty sure a lot of FF fans will buy PS3 when FF XIII launches. It could be very massive or just big. It also depends on how many bundles does Sony has. If GT 5 was also gonna released by that time 1 million week 1 is certain.

That's the only thing I could add all other points was said already by the other posters.

Last BF the 360 sold 475k in NA and 236k in OTHERS.

The previous weeks sales for the 360 in OTHERS was 200k. 10k higher than PS3 sales this week in OTHERS (same week last year)

PS3 black friday should be about the same as last years 360 (with Japan taking the slack for NA)

SO I say the PS3 can match the 360 2008 sales a week before christmas, + whatever Japan can summon. 880k + Japan week before christmas? It'll sure come close.

I think your right, doing the math , it is very very possible PS3 will hit 1 million in sales. Let me enjoy this.

in the states all the people who wants a ps3 buy it during BF, so now we are going to see sales of 150 000 per week in usa, not more

swkotor2 said:
in the states all the people who wants a ps3 buy it during BF, so now we are going to see sales of 150 000 per week in usa, not more

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93783