By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 Selling 1 MILLION in 1 Week - Looking LIKELY?

Carl2291 said:
kowenicki said:
let me see... which week is FFXIII out in Japan?

19th. The "big week" lol.

At least, im 99.999999% sure that it is.

The 17th. Week ending December 20th, 4 days of sales.

Around the Network

I know the DS , Wii and PS2 has sold that many in a week, but has any other console sold 1 million a week before, especially a third place console.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

well FF XIII should make it easy

mM

Where dd you get 450k from? I saw almost 400k. I think the PS3 will fall short by 100k-150k.

Go Team Venture! I still don't get the Wii, PS Move,  and Kinect.

Heavenly Sigma said:
Where dd you get 450k from? I saw almost 400k. I think the PS3 will fall short by 100k-150k.

Read the article again

Around the Network

Yeah, I give it a definite chance of hitting 1,000,000 which would be AWESOME!  That's a number most didn't expect the ps3 to ever hit a year ago.  It will help if the ps3 gets some more nice bundles in stock around Christmas time.  FFXIII should move at least 200,000 consoles I would think.  

PSN ID: Sorrow880

Gamertag: Sorrow80

Wii #: 8132 1076 3416 7450

Gilgamesh said:
Carl2291 said:
kowenicki said:

Well spotted, im typing way too fast and trying to watch football at the same time lol, easy to make a few mistakes. Thanks.

@Heavenly Sigma... Taken from the bottom of the Sony section of the article -

"with more data coming in, it looks like PS3 could actually be as high as 450,000 for the week once all is said and done"

psrock said:
I know the DS , Wii and PS2 has sold that many in a week, but has any other console sold 1 million a week before, especially a third place console.

Probably PS1 sold over million in one week (several times =P). It wasn't third place console though  .Also GBA has sold over million in one week.

kowenicki said:
Carl2291 said:
Gilgamesh said:
Carl2291 said:
kowenicki said:

Well spotted, im typing way too fast and trying to watch football at the same time lol, easy to make a few mistakes. Thanks.

@Heavenly Sigma... Taken from the bottom of the Sony section of the article -

"with more data coming in, it looks like PS3 could actually be as high as 450,000 for the week once all is said and done"

the week ends 19th actually.  thats what i mean about sales being split.

Yeah i see what you mean, it will be really close with a lot of the Christmas sales coming in those last few days.

At least you explained why you thought it wouldnt though

kowenicki said:
Thing is... this year is different to last

hard to analyse

the specific dates matter a lot whne we are talking about the huge xmas sales period.

last year the last full week before xmas was 14th to the 20th and then you had last minute stuff from 21st to the 24th.

this year there is an extra dayin the final week; you have the 13th to the 19th and the 20th to the 24th.

That one day difference could mean the two weeks are more even, so less of a peak.

But yeah obviously the week 13th to 19th seems the best bet.

The high value PS3 bundles may have captured a lot of xmas sales, bringing a lot of them forward, and supply could be an issue too.

Japan is obviously crucial too with the FFXIII launch.

May just miss out I think.

Excellent post K, My only issue is I realy have no idea what to expect from the FFXIII boost, I am still on the fence on the amount of console people think it's going to sell, but I probably will be surprised.

One thing, it's going to be a special December for the Wii ad PS3.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)