By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 Selling 1 MILLION in 1 Week - Looking LIKELY?

Looks att sig....lets do this baby

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

Around the Network
Seece said:
Last BF the 360 sold 475k in NA and 236k in OTHERS.

The previous weeks sales for the 360 in OTHERS was 200k. 10k higher than PS3 sales this week in OTHERS (same week last year)

PS3 black friday should be about the same as last years 360 (with Japan taking the slack for NA)

SO I say the PS3 can match the 360 2008 sales a week before christmas, + whatever Japan can summon. 880k + Japan week before christmas? It'll sure come close.

Oh there you are...time to update my sig

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

I think it'll be very close but fall just short.

I bet it'll do over 800,000; maybe even over 900,000 but a million is a bit optimistic.

1,000,000 guaranteed. Economy rebuilding, better advertising, better bundles.

wow 1 million in a week?. that would be awesome. we will have to wait and see. i just want FF13!!!!. and a ps3 to play it....... :(

it would be amazing if all the consoles would do 1 million in a week.

Around the Network
luisgvm said:
wow 1 million in a week?. that would be awesome. we will have to wait and see. i just want FF13!!!!. and a ps3 to play it....... :(

There will be a time...not this generation tough lol

this topic is old to me i had this predicted since dec 08 in kantors thread and debated in numerous other threads its been in my sig for months also

its guaranteed form me the peak week this year falls under wen FF13 comes out in japan thers also a bundle for it in that region i expect at least 250k only from japan that week

na 450k
eu 520k
jp 250k

any 1 who doesnt believe this bet me

Play Me

my personal prediction for FF13 week is 910K in the 10 week countdown

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

ChrisIsNotSexy said:
luisgvm said:

There will be a time...not this generation tough lol

jejejeje!!.

Carl2291 said:

Caps, as always... = VIEWS!

Anyway, onto my logic... Please read. 

North America -

PS3 just sold close to 450k during Black Friday week in NA. Looking at 360's sales on Black friday last year, and the big christmas week of last year... It sold 478k on BF, and in turn sold 526k on the big week itself. With it being ~25k higher than PS3's BF number this year, we could see close to 500k PS3's sold in NA alone on the big week. In PS3's supposedly "weakest" market, i think this is very impressive.

Total Others -

Last year on Christmas week, PS3 sold 270k. This year, as we know, PS3 sales are much higher than last year. For comparison, this week there were 190k PS3's sold... Compared to the same week last year which saw 137k PS3's sold. If PS3 continues to track above last years sales, and stay close to 360's last year sales... We could see over 300k consoles sold on Christmas week in Others.

Japan -

This is where it all lies, IMO. When the PS3 Slim launched with the pricecut, PS3 saw sales of 152k, even beating Wii's christmas week sales last year, which goes to show there is pretty high demand for the machine. PS3's current sales too, are also tracking above the Wii's of last year before the Christmas boost (A christmas boost which saw 148k Wii's sold on the big week). Now, the big thing PS3 has to it's advantage? Final Fantasy 13. Could Final Fantasy 13 be big enough to push PS3 sales over 200k for the week? I think it is definately possible.

I think PS3 has a chance of JUST hitting 1 Million, not by a lot... But if it does it will be less than 1,100,000 on the week. What do you guys think?

If i made any mistakes, feel free to point them out. And if you disagree, please explain why.

Oh, and if this is wanted in the sales forum by a mod, i understand. Just lock and il repost

So wii will do 2 millon + then!!!!!! lol!!!!!!