By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 Selling 1 MILLION in 1 Week - Looking LIKELY?

Caps, as always... = VIEWS!

Anyway, onto my logic... Please read. 

North America -

PS3 just sold close to 450k during Black Friday week in NA. Looking at 360's sales on Black friday last year, and the big christmas week of last year... It sold 478k on BF, and in turn sold 526k on the big week itself. With it being ~25k higher than PS3's BF number this year, we could see close to 500k PS3's sold in NA alone on the big week. In PS3's supposedly "weakest" market, i think this is very impressive.

Total Others -

Last year on Christmas week, PS3 sold 270k. This year, as we know, PS3 sales are much higher than last year. For comparison, this week there were 190k PS3's sold... Compared to the same week last year which saw 137k PS3's sold. If PS3 continues to track above last years sales, and stay close to 360's last year sales... We could see over 300k consoles sold on Christmas week in Others.

Japan -

This is where it all lies, IMO. When the PS3 Slim launched with the pricecut, PS3 saw sales of 152k, even beating Wii's christmas week sales last year, which goes to show there is pretty high demand for the machine. PS3's current sales too, are also tracking above the Wii's of last year before the Christmas boost (A christmas boost which saw 148k Wii's sold on the big week). Now, the big thing PS3 has to it's advantage? Final Fantasy 13. Could Final Fantasy 13 be big enough to push PS3 sales over 200k for the week? I think it is definately possible.

I think PS3 has a chance of JUST hitting 1 Million, not by a lot... But if it does it will be less than 1,100,000 on the week. What do you guys think?

If i made any mistakes, feel free to point them out. And if you disagree, please explain why.

Oh, and if this is wanted in the sales forum by a mod, i understand. Just lock and il repost

EDIT: Updated PS3 sales in NA on Black Friday are said to be close to 500k.

Around the Network

It will probably do 300k in Japan the week FF XIII releases.
400k in Europe
and then 300k+ in NA
Seems very likely lol.

Very likely, holiday season time!

I love it when my logic is so awesome, even the haters cant find a way around it

Yup FFXIII week

America: 400K

Others: 500K

Japan: 150K

Total: 1.05 million

Around the Network

My prediction in the 10 week countdown has it at 970k

Gilgamesh said:

Yup FFXIII week

Come on lol...Im sure there are more than 150k FF XIII bundles,and without counting FF XIII bundles,there is still the christmas week boost

Sounds very likely - though I can equally see it hitting JUST shy (950k) depending on economic news. Frankly, even if it barely missed, it would still be quite an accomplishment.

@ Carl, just wait, the disagreements will come.

kowenicki said:
let me see... which week is FFXIII out in Japan?

19th. The "big week" lol.

At least, im 99.999999% sure that it is.

ChrisIsNotSexy said:
Gilgamesh said:

Yup FFXIII week

Come on lol...Im sure there are more than 150k FF XIII bundles,and without counting FF XIII bundles,there is still the christmas week boost

The Japanese sales usually peak at the first week of January. And by looking at this thread, it would be extremely impressive to hit 150K.