By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Metal Gear Solid 2 was amazing!

Metal Gear solid 2 was the first game that made me see the difference between the hardware of the DC and PS2. It is indeed a game worthy of much praise (was an xbox person last generation and I picked up the MGS essentials for play this gen on my launch 60gb PS3).

Around the Network

I believe you meant to say Metal Gear RAY.... not Rex...

Rainbird said:
And how can you even talk about this game when you don't know what's going on?!

You lose credit for saying Metal Gear Rex when the real culprit was Metal Gear Ray!

Apparently, you didn't find the top secret area!

okay.......you got me!!

sabby_e17 said:
I completely agree with this thread. However MGS2 is below MGS1, MGS3 and MGS4.

I cannot deny this.

It was better than MGS3 (yeah that's right) but worse than 1. Controls sucked donkey balls and the story was half and half. All in all a decent game.

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
sabby_e17 said:
I completely agree with this thread. However MGS2 is below MGS1, MGS3 and MGS4.

I cannot deny this.

Your opinion on MGS1, 3 and 4?

i agree with this completely anyone who hated MGS2 probably just like old guys with beards and think its manly to play as a manly man.

PullusPardus said:
i agree with this completely anyone who hated MGS2 probably just like old guys with beards and think its manly to play as a manly man.

What people don't realize is that Raiden pretty much = Sneak in MGS1 almost to the exact T.

PullusPardus said:

Or hate bad controls and stories that are waaay too far fetched for their own good.

it was good indeed

but, for me, too much confusing in the story AND

- boss were mostly "meh", completely crappy (and absent indeed) background story !
- the MGRAY fight were pretty poor because there were just not enought powerfull and impressive compared to MGRex
- failled Solidus Snake design

Time to Work !