By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What happened to Wii motion + ?

z101 said:

A list of some games with M+ Support:

NHL 2k10
Shaun White Snowboarding: World Stage
Academy of Champions Soccer
Grand Slam Tennis
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10
Virtua Tennis 2009
Wii Sports Resort
Dynamic Slash
Gladiator AD
Red Steel 2
The Legend of Zelda Wii

The original Wiimote is enough for most games, only specific games need M+

A list of some games with M+ Support:

Avatar: The Game - HORRIBLE MOTION PLUS SUPPORT

NHL 2k10 - HORRIBLE MOTION PLUS SUPPORT

Shaun White Snowboarding: World Stage- HORRIBLE MOTION PLUS SUPPORT

Academy of Champions Soccer - UNDETECTABLE MOTION PLUS SUPPORT

Grand Slam Tennis - RIDICULOUS MOTION PLUS SUPPORT

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 - Good Motion Plus Support

Virtua Tennis 2009- RIDICULOUS MOTION PLUS SUPPORT

Wii Sports Resort - GREAT motion plus support!!!

Dynamic Slash - Yet to be seen

Gladiator AD - Yet to be seen

Red Steel 2 - Yet to be seen

The Legend of Zelda Wii - Yet to be seen

Around the Network
Viper1 said:
nitekrawler1285 said:
Sure just like Sony just not deciding to expose their motion work until Nintendo made it big? Nintendo did pre-empt them by a year expecting them to imitate faster. And if they didn't i'm sure Nintendo might have left it at good enough.

My post wasn't speculation and guesswork.  It's what actually happened.

The statement of your word as fact puts the burden of proof upon you.  If it's one of those silly interviews that happened after the E3 09 don't bother as I can't say it's going to change my mind much as of course they would never say that their actions are because of someone else as they aren't "competing".

tube82 said:
not every game benefits from motion+.

all new motion based games like tennis, golf, sword fighting, baseball etc should and probably will (and to a great extend already do) use it. what else should?

But nearly all games do.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I think considering how new Motion Plus is that next E3 will see a good 10-20 titles utalizing it. As Viper said Nintendo origionally intended to include motionplus in the origional WiiMote but decided not to due to costs. Just think how expensive Sony's wand is going to be? First you need the wand controller (Probubly about 59.99CDN) then you need a PSEye (39.99CDN) then if you want to play two player you need another 60$.

WiiMotionPlus is only 20$ and you put it on your existing WiiMote. Sure I don't own MotionPlus yet I'm waiting for RedSteel2 and Zelda. But I'm sure their will be a ton of notable software in the next year or so. Also does anyone know if RedSteel2 is still going to be bundled? I really don't want to buy SportsResort, or buy it seperatly!

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

sc94597 said:
Buzzi said:
Keep_the_change said:
a ~10 Million userbase just after 6 months seems reasonable to me.

I really doubt Natal or Sony wiimote will have this performances.

IMHO the motion plus userbase is already ~15 millions, 7 millions are just from WSR, 1 additional million from bundled games like GST and TG10, if we go with japanese data there are a lot of motion plus sold on standalone.

With the Limited Black Edition of the Wii there's also a Motion Plus in every pack...and next year the motion plus can reach the 50% attach rate, that would be great!

The problem with that idea is that people are buying it for more then 1 wii mote. So you would have to multiply the userbase by 4 to get a "high end" attach ratio. It is hard to tell how much Wii's have Motion Plus so you can't really make an attach rate.

Yes I know but if the percentage becomes higer (~50% or more) it means also that new buyers are probably buying the console with the pheriphal, or that customers without it are buying it; even if not all the customers have the accessory, still the percentage is indicative for the developers to know what the userbase could be.

In this case with 58m Wiis and 15m WM+ (my estimate) there's atleast a 6% of Wii users who have the Wm+ (counting all the users have 4 Wiimotes, that is unlikely). So now there is an attach rate of 6-25%...probably between 10 and 15% of Wii users.

Next year the Wm+ can reach easily 30-40 millions, that it the best case would mean 40-50%, and in the worst 10-20; I would see in this case a probable attach rate of 30%, and that would be a very good result for thevelopers, 1 out of three customers would have the Wm+.

Though the 50% attach rate is quite impossible to reach, that would need another 1-2 years for the Wii and I'm not sure it'll last that long...

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)

Around the Network

i honestly think nintendo and other should just add the device as an bonus device rather than ignoring it altogether because it works well and nintendo should just add it in their games as an option so you can access it from the option menus. (sent via Blackberry)

For the length of time it has been out, WM+ has an absolutely astounding attatch rate for a peripheral.

Plus zelda, enough said.

nitekrawler1285 said:
Viper1 said:
nitekrawler1285 said:
Sure just like Sony just not deciding to expose their motion work until Nintendo made it big? Nintendo did pre-empt them by a year expecting them to imitate faster. And if they didn't i'm sure Nintendo might have left it at good enough.

The statement of your word as fact puts the burden of proof upon you.  If it's one of those silly interviews that happened after the E3 09 don't bother as I can't say it's going to change my mind much as of course they would never say that their actions are because of someone else as they aren't "competing".

So, you're trying to tell me that Nintendo fabricated 2 years of development time and contracts just to make it look like WM+ wasn't a direct response to PS Wand and Natal?

Want to go back even further?  Nintendo has been trying to implement this technology into the Gamecube since 2001.  Yes, that is back when it launched.  And they fact they heavily invested into an motion control company in 2001 backs it up.   And launched or licensed several patents on the ideas to go with it.

I'd gladly take on said burden and link you to several patents they've filed or licensed and technical white papers all dated well before this generation even began as well as documentation from InvenSense themselves but since it's pretty obvious you're just spouting standard Sony fanboy fair, I shall direct you to www.google.com and say do your own homework.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Viper1 said:
nitekrawler1285 said:
Viper1 said:
nitekrawler1285 said:

So, you're trying to tell me that Nintendo fabricated 2 years of development time and contracts just to make it look like WM+ wasn't a direct response to PS Wand and Natal?

Want to go back even further?  Nintendo has been trying to implement this technology into the Gamecube since 2001.  Yes, that is back when it launched.  And they fact they heavily invested into an motion control company in 2001 backs it up.   And launched or licensed several patents on the ideas to go with it.

I'd gladly take on said burden and link you to several patents they've filed or licensed and technical white papers all dated well before this generation even began as well as documentation from InvenSense themselves but since it's pretty obvious you're just spouting standard Sony fanboy fair, I shall direct you to www.google.com and say do your own homework.

Actually my post was based off of Malstrom's interpretation of that E3.  You can't really get further Sony fan wishes than taking Malstrom's word.  So they wanted to make motion control with the game cube. do we have proof that it is too the 1:1 standard of WM+? That's what i'm getting at.  Especially given the little support they have given it.  If it was a part of their plan then why didn't they include developers as so many of them found out that E3?  It could have even more pre-empted and stifled Motion copies and had tons of support upon release making any competition completely entirely irrelevant.

So you won't take my word, Nintendo's word, their E3 briefings, their Iwata Chat sessions and other data on the facts but you'll accept Maelstrom's word that it is a response to Sony?

Several developers were included. The main reason many were not well versed prior to the E3 briefing was the development tool SKU was not completed yet. And as we know being secretive, even to developers, is Nintendo's nature. Balance Board, Vitality Sensor....did/do you see developers announcing a dozen projects based on those prior to release? No. And we know both are ideas that Nintendo has been kicking around for years.

If you are still not convinced, then do tell me how in the world could Nintendo rig up the entire development history of WM+ as a response to Sony given both were announced (WM+) or first rumored (Sony MC) less than 2 weeks apart (June 2008)?

The rEVOLution is not being televised