By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What happened to Wii motion + ?

Nintendo is notorious for introducing hardware that their third party developers aren't prepared to support, mainly stemming from not having seen a finished developer's system but a scant couple of months before launch.  That's what hurt the N64 and the GCN.  Nintendo is doing the same thing with WiiSpeak and Motion+.  They spent a couple years developing and testing Motion+, and have their launch software ready, and then only give premiere 3rd party publishers (like EA) enough time with the device to prepare launch titles.  The lesser developers are just now preparing products that will launch in Spring/Summer 2010.

Hardware is only a means to enjoy great games!

Around the Network

you can actually believe that Red Steel 2 will increase sales wiimotion +.

I say this, that to date there are few games that are used.

Saludos!!

d21lewis said:
I was thinking this last night, actually. I rationalized that the device is still fairly new to the market and that it will take time for games that utilize it to be released to the world. Somehow, I don't think that the PS3 and 360's motion control devices are going to face similar software shortages.

Thoughts that I tried to block out:
Making a WM+ compatible game divides the market
It's just another Zapper/Wii Speak/Power Pad/Wii Wheel
It hasn't sold well enough to make it viable for developers

I would guess the shortage issues Natal and The Wand face are far more permanent. Wii Motion Plus has already sold more than either Natal or The Wand are likely to sell in an entire year on the market, and both will cost much more to develop for.

Yeah I bought Wii Sports Resort, played it hardcore for about a week and a half and I never plugged the WM+ into my Wii Remote again. :/