By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What happened to Wii motion + ?

I expect it to be not really important. Nintendo will only release a couple of games that feature the gameplay heavily and then move on to something else like Vitality Sensor. I still think the only reason it was released is because Sony and Microsoft are coming out with motion controllers of their own.

I don't expect much from 3rd parties as they haven't even been able to grasp regular motion controls for the most part.

Around the Network
nitekrawler1285 said:
I expect it to be not really important. Nintendo will only release a couple of games that feature the gameplay heavily and then move on to something else like Vitality Sensor. I still think the only reason it was released is because Sony and Microsoft are coming out with motion controllers of their own.

I don't expect much from 3rd parties as they haven't even been able to grasp regular motion controls for the most part.

Wii Motion Plus capability was originally to be included with the Wii remote but the costs and required technology were not ready.  WM+ is not a response to Natal and PS Sphere at all.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Sure just like Sony just not deciding to expose their motion work until Nintendo made it big? Nintendo did pre-empt them by a year expecting them to imitate faster. And if they didn't i'm sure Nintendo might have left it at good enough.

Viper1 said:
nitekrawler1285 said:

Wii Motion Plus capability was originally to be included with the Wii remote but the costs and required technology were not ready.  WM+ is not a response to Natal and PS Sphere at all.

I agree Nintendo didn't want to release a $60 wii-mote and a 20 nunchuck. Now that it's out I don't think developers are that impressed with it. Makes me wonder if the Ps3's wand will really have alot of ground breaking games. A year from the release of the wand we'll probably be asking the same thing about it.

A list of some games with M+ Support:

NHL 2k10
Shaun White Snowboarding: World Stage
Academy of Champions Soccer
Grand Slam Tennis
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10
Virtua Tennis 2009
Wii Sports Resort
Dynamic Slash
Gladiator AD
Red Steel 2
The Legend of Zelda Wii

The original Wiimote is enough for most games, only specific games need M+

Around the Network
nitekrawler1285 said:
Sure just like Sony just not deciding to expose their motion work until Nintendo made it big? Nintendo did pre-empt them by a year expecting them to imitate faster. And if they didn't i'm sure Nintendo might have left it at good enough.

My post wasn't speculation and guesswork.  It's what actually happened.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Destroyer_of_knights said:
As soon as Nintendo labelled it 'just another peripheral', that was the day the motion plus coffin was sealed...it also didn't help that Nintendo them selves didn't have a decent line up of games to support it, they should of had at least 20-30 games which supported it, that way they hit every type of game.

Holy S*** dude! Now I know you're joking.

Buzzi said:
Keep_the_change said:
a ~10 Million userbase just after 6 months seems reasonable to me.

I really doubt Natal or Sony wiimote will have this performances.

IMHO the motion plus userbase is already ~15 millions, 7 millions are just from WSR, 1 additional million from bundled games like GST and TG10, if we go with japanese data there are a lot of motion plus sold on standalone.

With the Limited Black Edition of the Wii there's also a Motion Plus in every pack...and next year the motion plus can reach the 50% attach rate, that would be great!

The problem with that idea is that people are buying it for more then 1 wii mote. So you would have to multiply the userbase by 4 to get a "high end" attach ratio. It is hard to tell how much Wii's have Motion Plus so you can't really make an attach rate.

Jumpin said:

What happened to Wii Motion+? It was released a few months back, bundled with one of the most successful games this generation, and will surpass 10 million units within the next couple of months. This makes it one of the most wildly successful peripherals in the history of the electronics industry. This doesn't even account for however many non-Wii Sports Resort Wii Motion+ units sold.

Signalstar said:

I think its odd I haven't heard much about it lately. There are only about 8 games I know of that support it. Wasn't this supposed to be really big for the Wii and make the controls so much more lifelike. Then why does it seem Nintendo haven't pushed it all.

Is WM + being ignored or am I completely out of the loop?

You are indeed out of the loop sir. Wii Motion+ certainly has been pushed by Nintendo: as forementioned, it was packed in with one of the most successful games this generation which has sold it nearly 7 million units within a matter of months, and easily 10 million by years end. In addition, they had launch parties throughout the world including a widely publicized one in Times Square New York City. It certainly has not been ignored aside from that either: it has been widely discussed as recently as this week for implementation with one of Nintendo's oldest and most critically acclaimed franchises: The Legend of Zelda.

I already knew all that..... but thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Jumpin said:

You are indeed out of the loop sir. Wii Motion+ certainly has been pushed by Nintendo: as forementioned, it was packed in with one of the most successful games this generation which has sold it nearly 7 million units within a matter of months, and easily 10 million by years end. In addition, they had launch parties throughout the world including a widely publicized one in Times Square New York City. It certainly has not been ignored aside from that either: it has been widely discussed as recently as this week for implementation with one of Nintendo's oldest and most critically acclaimed franchises: The Legend of Zelda.

Wow! How much is nintendo paying you to copy + paste this PR crap on us?