By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Black Friday Grudge Match PS3 vs 360 Who Will Sell More In North America?!

I'm going to say PS3. I think the only way 360 will win is if the PS3 was as under-supplied as seems indicated in retail musing treads here and abroad.

I also think that given these black Friday results, MS should have a pretty good understanding on whether or not a price cut for the 360 will be needed within the next few months. I must say, the PS3 has found a sweet spot in pricing right now.

"Man is born free but is everywhere in chains" - Rousseau

Around the Network

posting to keep this thread in the loop

The numbers are in.. well estimates in anycase.

Wii @ 800
PS3 @ 400
360 @ 325

If i recall correctly.

Cueil said:
idiots... who else has Black Fri? If you're going to complain about it not being world wide gtfo of the thread. The 360 will take this easy. They not only mostly sold out they sent far more consoles to stores... the PS3 to 360 ratio had to be horrible and for a interesting tid bit the Elite was selling better than the Arcade at our store untill it sold out completely. I was hoping that some games like Halo 3 would be in the 15 or 9 dollar bin... but alas nothing... though MW1 was 25 bucks. The 360 should take this week... Sony would have had to have a strong showing early in the week to keep it close

Yeah....How do you feel now? Especially after calling Pro-Ps3 people idiots? 

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

kowenicki said:
bat-ON said:

Do you loose your memory ???

Remember NPD : PS3 wins September and crush 360
PS3 wins October and crush 360

Why the hell with so many interesting bundles can you imagine that 360 will beat the ps3 on BF ?

No way, and the monster gap will be soon filling with the tears of fanboys...

oh the irony.

irony indeed...

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network
ShadowSoldier said:
Cueil said:
idiots... who else has Black Fri? If you're going to complain about it not being world wide gtfo of the thread. The 360 will take this easy. They not only mostly sold out they sent far more consoles to stores... the PS3 to 360 ratio had to be horrible and for a interesting tid bit the Elite was selling better than the Arcade at our store untill it sold out completely. I was hoping that some games like Halo 3 would be in the 15 or 9 dollar bin... but alas nothing... though MW1 was 25 bucks. The 360 should take this week... Sony would have had to have a strong showing early in the week to keep it close

Yeah....How do you feel now? Especially after calling Pro-Ps3 people idiots? 

WOW.

here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay  here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay

Cueil said:

Insulting other members is never tolerated on this website.  You know this, and you knew it would lead to what it has.  Refrain from the personal attacks in the future if you want to keep your posting privileges.

kowenicki said:
well the numbers are up and its PS3... I am very surprised by this and it will be interesting to see the final week numbers.

yay =). looks like ps3 will stay ahead in christmas time and carry momentum until next year price cuts.

Good numbers for the PS3, although I had X360 slightly ahead in US on BF week

End of 2016 prediction

PS4:43M-46M

XBONE:28M-33M

Heart is hoping for XBox 360 to outsell the PS3 in NA for Black Friday week.
Brain however is saying PS3 due to recent price cut, launch of PS3 Slim and demand for the hot new affordable PS3 which doubles up as a Blu-Ray player.