By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Something is very wrong with this site - somebody help?!?

I hope Montana will not see this.

How many games did he add in that time to the gamedatabase :s.

Around the Network

About 200 profile views are shaved off my profile as well, but I'm sure that's the least of anyones problems

ArtofAngels said:
About 200 profile views are shaved off my profile as well, but I'm sure that's the least of anyones problems
yeah I swear mine was at 3,000 just before...

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

My short stint with MySQL ended after 2 corrupt database instances, and I went back to SQL2000. I assume that's not an option for you though?

Currently Playing:  Saints Row 2 | Battlefield 2 | Company of Heroes

Recently Beaten: Gears of War | Super Mario Galaxy | Darwinia | MGS4 | Sam and Max Ep. 4, Portal | Mirror's Edge | Uncharted | Mass Effect

Looking Forward to: Alan Wake | Splinter Cell : Conviction | The Last Guardian | Batman: Arkham Asylum | SMG2 | Mass Effect 2 |

Mysql is fine, it's just that some of the defaults are not so fine, especially with older versions...

Around the Network
ioi said:
Yeah, we've lost about 200 users
 How many did we have before we lost those 200 users? 

I hate to admit it, but MSSQL is probably one of the better choices if you don't know what you are doing.  MySQL can be more reliable and faster, but requires more configuration in config files you have to edit by hand.  Only a few things you really have to tweak to get acceptable performance in MSSQL, and it will not be that bad without tweaking.

MySQL is find out of the box if your server doesn't ever crash and you don't have a lot of transactions...  (High read rate for a moderate size database is fine out of the box).

If you want the best, then do Oracle.

yeah if you want a reliable database, PostgreSQL is a very reliable and feature rich open-source database package, much better than MySQL

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

As a precaution make sure to dump your sql database out every 24 hours at least (or more). You can set up a cron job to do it for you automatically. This way at most you would lose just the changes since the last dump took place and then restore from there.

Also make sure your new host has set up your disk quota correctly. Ive seen a few mysql db's get hosed when their account "ran out of space" when the database was trying to write. Kind of a dumb mistake but Ive seen it happen. Ooops.

Ask your host if you can get a copy of the mysql.err log. Should point you in the right direction.

PS360 ftw!

Currently playing..........

Gears of War 2, GTA IV Lost and Damned, Little Big Planet (Yes I said I had no interest but my girl wanted to try it and we did and now Im hooked )

Im ok :P

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."