By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MW2 online is inferior to KZ2 online without a doubt

S.T.A.G.E. said:
XxXProphecyXxX said:
WoW at the 360 fanbois downplaying KZ2...go buy a ps3 and KZ2 first then maybe just maybe ppl will take you seriously.

Being that the 360 has the larger variety of FPS games and better FPS titles, I would take heed his opinion. Not to mention the 360 controller is just way better for shooting.

on the one hand: halo, gears, L4D

on the other hand: kz, resistance, uncharted

on the last hand: multiplat.

did i miss something or are we going back to calling it the "shooter box" cause i remember threads last year yelling at people over using that generalization??

Around the Network
PearlJam said:
FonzGemini said:

MW2 has the earth shattering records. However, I like Killzone 2 better because you can spawn at your base at all times if you choose not to use a spawn grenade..... I hate how I spawn in MW2 and get killed instantly after taking only a few steps.... FIX YOUR SH!T INFINITY WARD!!!!!!

I agree with what you are saying here but that's not even the biggest problem with this game. It's a lot worse when you are looking for a match, and they put you in a game where the other team is destroying your team and they have choppers, airstrikes and all kinds of shit lined up ready to kill you. I have been put in games where the other team was 1 kill or a few points away from winning, and you basically get in there just in time to see your team lose and the final score come up.

@PearlJam you are talking about MW2 right?

It is better to die on one's feet

then live on one's knees

Yes. It's not a common problem but it has happened to me a few times. You know when people quit the match and the Matchmaking replaces those players with new ones? That's when it happens. Happened in COD4 and WAW as well.

Basically instead of putting you in a lobby that is about to start a match, it will put you in a match that is already in progress. Sometimes the match is pretty far along, but the teams are doing pretty evenly. Other times it will put you on a team that is getting slaughtered, and you're up against a loaded team that drops a Predator missile or calls in a stealth bomber as soon as you spawn. I have been put in a few matches where I just get to see the final score come up with me on the losing team. So a loss is added to my stats even though I never played.

This is irrelevant since Battlefield games pwns them both!

I LOVE ICELAND!

DirtyP2002 said:
Staude said:
DirtyP2002 said:
Damn, a lot of noobs in here. More player =/= better. Counterstrike is the most successful multiplay shooter on PC and is played 5on5. Halo 3 is the most successful mulitplayer shooter on consoles and is played 4on4 or 5on5.

MW is also played 4on4 / 5on5.

You have to use teamspeak, tactics etc. Thats what makes a good mulitplayer shooter.
32 player free for all is just pointless for somebody with skill.

huh ? cs is a 32 player game :p

Most pc fps games are.

yeah but nobody plays it like this. Try to play @ ESL with 16 vs 16 :D

I thought the first cod was awesome with 16vs16. Killzone 2 can be great like that too. It depends on many things. It's nice to have the option to play up to that amount :p being restricted =/= better.

Check out my game about moles ^

Around the Network

I can say from playing both that I hate KZ2's waiting game:

map end> wait> wait in a new lobby> wait> play for a little> map end> wait> wait in a new lobby> wait> play>

Killzone to needs to speed up it's lobby time, I find I spend more time waiting, then playing.

And if you want to quit a game and save your stats, you don't just have to wait for the map to be over, no that would be to easy..

You have to wait> then wait for the new lobby> in order to save your stats.

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

Modern Warfare 2 is absolutely fantastic online, but KZ2 is slightly better for me. Great online clan system and amazing sniper class made the difference for me.

LOL thats cause your playing it on PS3! Naaaa man im just kidding.

This is a failed opinion thread and every single "fact" you presented is debatable and easy to disprove. Im not going to read all 6 pages on this and im sure the "facts" have been broken down already. Im glad you enjoy Killzone but people have moved on and are now enjoying the best selling video game this generation.

"Leap ignorantly to the defense of wealthy game company’s, who don't know or care about you!"

PearlJam said:
Pristine20

I didn't give up on KZ2 because of the controls, I can get past that I just didn't like the game but I felt that the control was an issue. About the FAMAS, yeah I saw that gun a lot on the very first and second days. Now I don't really see anyone use it at all. I get killed by every weapon imaginable, I hardly ever see the same gun being used by multiple people.

The only COD game that has people abusing any gun is WAW with the ridiculous MP40. Every noob uses it because it beats every other gun.

MW2 doesn't favor camping, you're thinking of COD4. If you look at the score at the end campers are usually the worst players with the worst k/d ratio and they are usually getting killed trying to run to the outer edges of the maps or whatever house they are using. This is because of the new maps, I can only think of 2 maps where camping is effective. And even then campers get taken out pretty quickly, that's what kill-cam is for.

I remember camping being a huge issue with KZ2, so people shouldn't bring that up. I would see tons of engineers spamming turrets and just sitting in corners with their shotguns. It would slow the game down to a crawl. You can spawn anywhere but as soon as players see or hear gunfire they all rush like idiots to the same spot and it just gets ridiculous.

Garnett

Like I give a shit.

Lol. Camping in kz2? I'm starting to doubt we played the same game or maybe I've just played waaay too long that I cant remember how it was at the beginning. The health bar in kz2 is "just right". It's no where near halo levels nor as small as cod. Like I said b4, its still 1 shot to the head to ista-kill, if you must, with any gun.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

DirtyP2002 said:
Damn, a lot of noobs in here. More player =/= better. Counterstrike is the most successful multiplay shooter on PC and is played 5on5. Halo 3 is the most successful mulitplayer shooter on consoles and is played 4on4 or 5on5.

MW is also played 4on4 / 5on5.

You have to use teamspeak, tactics etc. Thats what makes a good mulitplayer shooter.
32 player free for all is just pointless for somebody with skill.

Lol, 32p free-for-all? I can tell you never played kz2 before so your opinion is kinda invalid for the purpose of this argument.  Also player # is relative to map size. Lastly, 32p max doesn't mean you have to play in 32p servers. You can even play 1v1 if thats what your prefer

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler