By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MW2 online is inferior to KZ2 online without a doubt

PearlJam said:
OurGunzNeverTire said:
killzone 2 destroys MW2, they shouldn't even be in the same conversation. But that is all opinion, it is more of a personal preference really seeing as they provide 2 totally different experiences.

mw2 is a low tech, last gen, arcade shooter, with super easy controls, every weapons is the same, its fast paced, and highly noob friendly. requires no skill, no teamwork, no tactics, no strategy, is not a battlefield, but more than anything it provides instant gratification for kills, but off all that, MW2 never wanted to be any of those things so you can't knock it.

killzone2 on the other hand, requires a massive amount of skill, a massive amount of dedication,
requires massive amounts of teamwork, strategy, tactics, and is not noob friendly at all. it's also unforgiving, steep learning curve. matches force you to think for more than 8 minutes, and for more than 1 game mode. the battles are way more intense (when skilled players are playing) and is class based. killzone2 is for the higher level gamer looking for a deeper experience, the clan support is were killzone2 really shines.

so really it is all about preference. what do you want.......
noob friendly, arcade shooter, that provides instant high level of gratification for killing.
or
intense, full fledged battles, that requires skill, teamwork, tactics, and strategy, forces you to think or be destroyed, and requires a great amount of dedication to feel gratification.

.................. -goes back to playing bad company 2 beta, "someone take out that tank"-......................

It sounds like you haven't played anything but a round or two of Team Deathmatch. Try playing Headquarters, Demolition, Domination, CTF, Search and Destroy or the Hardcore playlists and then try to say it takes no skill or teamwork to win. That's the beauty of MW 1 & 2 anybody can play and get kills, but it takes skill and very quick reflexes as well as a brain to set up your weapons to be really good.

How can you say that all the weapons are the same when even the Sniper Rifles, SMGs and ARs are completely different from one another? Not to mention the variety of shotguns and pistols. Some ARs shoot bursts others are full auto and some are single shot, with different damage, distance and accuracy properties even between similar guns. It sounds like you never even unlocked the early guns.

Killzone 2 is a huge clusterfuck of people dying left and right. It takes more "skill" because the controls are horrid and the game is slow as hell. I like that it tries to be different, but that isn't always a good thing.

I'm not going to shit too much on Killzone 2, I really just don't like the game and outside of the internet I don't know anyone that does. Even the PS3 fanboys that I know don't care for it. The only thing it has going for it is graphics and that alone. From what I remember it was a huge mess of people crowding up in corriders, grenades and explosives giving you tons of free kills (because of the clusterfucks) and entire teams using and abusing classes to the point of nearly breaking the game.

This game was hyped to the moon by everybody, but when it came down to it the game just didn't measure up to the truly great FPS shooters out there.

Lol, judging by what you've written, I can tell that if you played kz2 at all, you probably gave up as soon as you tried the controls. A lot has changed since then mate.

Sure mw2 has more guns but how many of these are used? With most games that have many guns, there are the select Few that are abused over the rest. For instance, for the 5 hours I endured mw2, 90% of the time I was shot with an assault rifle, it was the FAMAS. Now you might say that its because the FAMAS is the first one unlocked but I was the lowest ranked in the room and many of the guys were very high ranked. Surely they must have unlocked other rifles?

Perhaps, saying it takes no skill is taking it too far. However, mw2 favors camping just like cod4 before it.  It all about camp-killing to unleash killstreak perks for even more kills. In 90% of encounters, the first guy to spot the other wins the battle due to the extremely small Heatlh bar. A highly skilled player in kz2 can still maneuver and kill multiple enemies even when spotted first or even when shot in the back first. And if you need to insta-kill  targets, its still possible by aiming directly for the head with a weapon with good sights. It's only useful for range though.

When you walk around in MW2, its very easy to fall into dying sprees. Sometimes the game even spawns you in front of enemies and you rarely have enough time to use the respawn thingy if you choose it as one of your perks. In kz2, ppl decide where they spawn, you don't have to spawn in a clusterfuck. People choose to do so because they like the clusters. People say kz2 is slow but it definitely has a lot more action. I'm not sure even the best mw2 players can best my kills/hour in kz2 and its no where close to the top kph's in kz2.

Lastly, you do realize that you don't always have to play 32p servers on kz2 right? So many people who complain of clusterfucks don't seem to realize this...

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Around the Network

KZ2 got boring real fast. played it for like a month then never touched it again. as for MW2, its all about search and destroy. not running around aimlessly killing each other in pointless deathmatch

Pristine20

I didn't give up on KZ2 because of the controls, I can get past that I just didn't like the game but I felt that the control was an issue. About the FAMAS, yeah I saw that gun a lot on the very first and second days. Now I don't really see anyone use it at all. I get killed by every weapon imaginable, I hardly ever see the same gun being used by multiple people.

The only COD game that has people abusing any gun is WAW with the ridiculous MP40. Every noob uses it because it beats every other gun.

MW2 doesn't favor camping, you're thinking of COD4. If you look at the score at the end campers are usually the worst players with the worst k/d ratio and they are usually getting killed trying to run to the outer edges of the maps or whatever house they are using. This is because of the new maps, I can only think of 2 maps where camping is effective. And even then campers get taken out pretty quickly, that's what kill-cam is for.

I remember camping being a huge issue with KZ2, so people shouldn't bring that up. I would see tons of engineers spamming turrets and just sitting in corners with their shotguns. It would slow the game down to a crawl. You can spawn anywhere but as soon as players see or hear gunfire they all rush like idiots to the same spot and it just gets ridiculous.

Garnett

Like I give a shit.

Damn, a lot of noobs in here. More player =/= better. Counterstrike is the most successful multiplay shooter on PC and is played 5on5. Halo 3 is the most successful mulitplayer shooter on consoles and is played 4on4 or 5on5.

MW is also played 4on4 / 5on5.

You have to use teamspeak, tactics etc. Thats what makes a good mulitplayer shooter.
32 player free for all is just pointless for somebody with skill.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

DirtyP2002 said:
Damn, a lot of noobs in here. More player =/= better. Counterstrike is the most successful multiplay shooter on PC and is played 5on5. Halo 3 is the most successful mulitplayer shooter on consoles and is played 4on4 or 5on5.

MW is also played 4on4 / 5on5.

You have to use teamspeak, tactics etc. Thats what makes a good mulitplayer shooter.
32 player free for all is just pointless for somebody with skill.

huh ? cs is a 32 player game :p

Most pc fps games are.

Check out my game about moles ^

Around the Network

@PeralJam

You got some balls. You'll give up soon enough and realize KZ2 is the best game to ever be made, just like badgenome and i have done.

Join us!!!

The reason I bring up 32 player spam-fests is because people always bring up the 32 player playlists as one of the best features.

Personally I think games like COD work better with a lot of people. A game like KZ2 would be better with fewer players because of the larger health. As much as people will hate this, KZ2 is closer to Halo and Gears because of the amount of ammo it takes to put people down. But the similarities end there. Gears is another hardcore game that eats casuals for lunch, but I actually like that game. The first one anyways. The second game's MP is a laggy, glitchy broken mess that is an embarrassment.

Way to be a follower Squilliam.

In other words what your saying is if someones opinion does not agree with the majority then they are wrong. Just to enlighten you Galileo was in the minority by believing the Sun was at the centre of the solar system and was imprisoned by the church because of it. You you sir are a fascist!

It's just an opinion and i also disagree

Pristine20 said:

Sure mw2 has more guns but how many of these are used? With most games that have many guns, there are the select Few that are abused over the rest. For instance, for the 5 hours I endured mw2, 90% of the time I was shot with an assault rifle, it was the FAMAS. Now you might say that its because the FAMAS is the first one unlocked but I was the lowest ranked in the room and many of the guys were very high ranked. Surely they must have unlocked other rifles?

Perhaps, saying it takes no skill is taking it too far. However, mw2 favors camping just like cod4 before it.  It all about camp-killing to unleash killstreak perks for even more kills. In 90% of encounters, the first guy to spot the other wins the battle due to the extremely small Heatlh bar. A highly skilled player in kz2 can still maneuver and kill multiple enemies even when spotted first or even when shot in the back first. And if you need to insta-kill  targets, its still possible by aiming directly for the head with a weapon with good sights. It's only useful for range though.

When you walk around in MW2, its very easy to fall into dying sprees. Sometimes the game even spawns you in front of enemies and you rarely have enough time to use the respawn thingy if you choose it as one of your perks. In kz2, ppl decide where they spawn, you don't have to spawn in a clusterfuck.

Lastly, you do realize that you don't always have to play 32p servers on kz2 right? So many people who complain of clusterfucks don't seem to realize this...

1:  The FAMAS really isn't popular at all. I've been playing MW2 for many hours, you really just got unlucky. While it's true certain guns are obviously better than the rest, anyone can dominate with pretty much anything if they got the skill. All the weps function pretty similarly so it's really a matter of taste. Everyone will make a favorite among the large pile. It makes KZ2 look like it's taking itself too seriously. I was disappointed with the lack of weps because GG obviously knows how to make a gun feel good, as opposed to MW2 and it's 50. cal sniper shooting at the speed of an automatic.

2: I don't think I've ever played a shooter that doesn't favor camping. There really is no escape from it. One of my fav class combos in KZ2: Sniper cloak + proximity mines. The cloak doesn't where off after a kill. You can bet I abused the hell out of it. The truth is only an idiot wouldn't camp if the gametype is on something besides deathmatch.

3: Tactical Insertion flare. Pick your spawn. Unlike spawn grenades in KZ2 (which are the main source of clusterfucks), they can actually be countered either be killing the player or the flare itself. Besides that, spawn points in the newer CoD games have always been random. It has it's pros and cons. Some like it while others don't.

4: It's pretty true, KZ2's aiming/movement speed does take abit of practice to get used to. I personally find it frustrating though. There's tons of different ways to make a game tactical. I'm just not a fan of the methods GG chose. CoD:UO and CSS both have even more aiming precision than MW2 but are still ages ahead of it when it comes to serious competitive play.

5: A decent match in KZ2 would have no more than 20'ish players along with the Tactician/Assault disabled. That doesn't leave much for variety in weapons/abilites when you compare to MW2. For the most part, you're usually stuck using the standard assault rifle......either that or abusing the 2-hit-kill magnum.

Anyways, comparing the two was pretty silly in the first place. It's really damn obvious that KZ2 is aimed an entire different shooter audience. A more serious one I may say, and the extra clan support just fortifies that.

KZ2 is alot more competitive based and really shines alot more with communicating teams. You get dropped so fast in MW2 that you barely have time to come up with a quick plan to handle a certain situation.

MW2 is alot more arcade'ish and designed for mindless fun that anyone can get into. Think of it as the Soul Calibur of shooters - easy to pick up and play, but there's still tons of room for more dedicated players to dominate everyone else.

http://soundcloud.com/cathode

PSN: Parasitic_Link