By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MW2 online is inferior to KZ2 online without a doubt

blackops said:
MW2 would have been better with more players in a match because it would be more realistic like a real war they are trying to make it be but I guess that won't be till the next xbox comes out.

All you Xbox owners saying MW2 would be a clusterfuck with 32 players in a match, we'll see what you'ld say when the next xbox is capable of releasing a game with more players online. That's why MW2 can't have more players and with more players it would be more tactical when split into squads.

That has nothing to do with with Xbox or PS3 hardware limitations. Both are capable of the same thing, this is more of a network limitation as MS doesn't use dedicated servers and companies don't want to provide them when they can just use Xbox Live to leech off of people's bandwidth. I used to play 32 player Doom matches so you are wrong about this.

And MW2 wouldn't be a clusterfuck with more players it would just be a pointless shooting gallery where campers would get tons of kills.

Around the Network

I played KZ2 a lot online with our vgchartz clan, and I currently have logged 15 hours of my 2+ days playing time of MW2 online, not to mention all the time on MW1.

I have a 2+ K/D ratio in both of them.

Killzone 2 beats MW2 in aiming, I hate auto aim. It gives people skills they don't have, like hand eye coordination. I have got killed countless times because while tracking a person and aiming in front of them, the auto aim kicks in and jumps my crosshairs to their body and I squeeze my burst behind them and then they just tap their aim button and fire off some auto aimed rounds, I die.

Killzone 2 beats MW2 in graphics. The beauty of the multiplayer in KZ2 is awesome, especially particle effects. Firing into pillars in Radec Academy, while they slowly degrade as the the match progresses never ceases to amaze me. Lighting effects are awesome too.

MW2 beats KZ2 in weapons and class combination. I love KZ2 classes albeit it is kind of limited, but mw2 just has so many guns, perks, etc.. M16 plus stopping power, sleight of hand, last stand, my winning formula.

MW2 decimates KZ2 with its Killstreak reward. This is what separates them for me. My loadout Predator missile at 5 kills, Pavelow at 9, and AC130 at 11. I don't know what you use, but nothing is more satisfying then getting an AC130, and just wiping the floor in a ground war teamdeath match/domination.

Maps - MW2 over KZ2 I think KZ2's maps are more balanced and better laid out, but MW2 has a lot of maps included in the game, its around 15+, and lend themselves to a better online experience. You can pretty much be any class/combination in each map, play it how you want. And in real life, maps arent balanced, they are set up how a real environment would be.

Replayability- MW2 over KZ2. After I ranked up to the highest rank in KZ2 at 10,000xp(which happened within a week), their was no incentive to play again(they did add a 100,000xp incentive but that's it). I did however really enjoy playing in clan matches and earning valor with some of you. MW2 has so many unlockables online, now with titles, callsigns, barrack challenges, as well as prestige, their is no limit to how much you can play. 99.8% of people won't unlock everything. Whereas I unlocked everything within a week of playing KZ2.

Their are other categories I could go into, but let's just give the verdict. Each does things well, like KZ2's graphics and no auto aim, or MW2s killstreaks/classes. But it is the overall package, which propels one over the other. Without further ado the winner is....

Modern Warfare 2 is better than Killzone 2 online overall.

Fact: Earthbound is the greatest game ever made

The only thing that bothered me about Modern Warfare's online is that it took away too many perks. And that Search and Destroy doesn't get you as much XP as it did in WaW or MW.

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

I've played the multiplayer online for KZ2 and I personally could not get into it. I guess I just enjoy the Call of Duty setup more. I actually traded 4 of my games to be able to get COD: MW2 and KZ2 was one of them. I played KZ2 for maybe 2 hours total and it was just sitting there collecting dust on the shelf. It's cool and all that you enjoy KZ2 online but it isn't for me.

Ive also noticed that Sniping in MW2 is crap compared to KZ2, but id say the standard assualt rifle gameplay is better in MW2.

Around the Network
Notorius.A.i.G said:
The only thing that bothered me about Modern Warfare's online is that it took away too many perks. And that Search and Destroy doesn't get you as much XP as it did in WaW or MW.

Personally I'm glad they got rid of things like Juggernaut and Martyrdom, they were noobish annoying. Now the only way you get them is if you're getting your ass kicked which I don't have a problem with.

MW2's online is epic, but so is KZ2's. The more I play MW2 the more I want to get back to playing KZ2 because it was so much fun, though I probably won't until I max out my level on MW2

I rather KZ2 online but all my clan play MW2 now so I play that with them. Can't see myself coming back to COD in a few months from now like I do with KZ2.

They're both kind of boring imo.