By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MW2 online is inferior to KZ2 online without a doubt

im a sony fan and i say the only thing good about KZ2 is that it has a long campaign but it pretty fails :P and it has cool visuals/graphics but i like COD6's colours and its addictive multiplayer for a few months then ima get bored of it though lol

Around the Network
Parasitic said:
Pristine20 said:

Sure mw2 has more guns but how many of these are used? With most games that have many guns, there are the select Few that are abused over the rest. For instance, for the 5 hours I endured mw2, 90% of the time I was shot with an assault rifle, it was the FAMAS. Now you might say that its because the FAMAS is the first one unlocked but I was the lowest ranked in the room and many of the guys were very high ranked. Surely they must have unlocked other rifles?

Perhaps, saying it takes no skill is taking it too far. However, mw2 favors camping just like cod4 before it.  It all about camp-killing to unleash killstreak perks for even more kills. In 90% of encounters, the first guy to spot the other wins the battle due to the extremely small Heatlh bar. A highly skilled player in kz2 can still maneuver and kill multiple enemies even when spotted first or even when shot in the back first. And if you need to insta-kill  targets, its still possible by aiming directly for the head with a weapon with good sights. It's only useful for range though.

When you walk around in MW2, its very easy to fall into dying sprees. Sometimes the game even spawns you in front of enemies and you rarely have enough time to use the respawn thingy if you choose it as one of your perks. In kz2, ppl decide where they spawn, you don't have to spawn in a clusterfuck.

Lastly, you do realize that you don't always have to play 32p servers on kz2 right? So many people who complain of clusterfucks don't seem to realize this...

1:  The FAMAS really isn't popular at all. I've been playing MW2 for many hours, you really just got unlucky. While it's true certain guns are obviously better than the rest, anyone can dominate with pretty much anything if they got the skill. All the weps function pretty similarly so it's really a matter of taste. Everyone will make a favorite among the large pile. It makes KZ2 look like it's taking itself too seriously. I was disappointed with the lack of weps because GG obviously knows how to make a gun feel good, as opposed to MW2 and it's 50. cal sniper shooting at the speed of an automatic.

2: I don't think I've ever played a shooter that doesn't favor camping. There really is no escape from it. One of my fav class combos in KZ2: Sniper cloak + proximity mines. The cloak doesn't where off after a kill. You can bet I abused the hell out of it. The truth is only an idiot wouldn't camp if the gametype is on something besides deathmatch.

3: Tactical Insertion flare. Pick your spawn. Unlike spawn grenades in KZ2 (which are the main source of clusterfucks), they can actually be countered either be killing the player or the flare itself. Besides that, spawn points in the newer CoD games have always been random. It has it's pros and cons. Some like it while others don't.

4: It's pretty true, KZ2's aiming/movement speed does take abit of practice to get used to. I personally find it frustrating though. There's tons of different ways to make a game tactical. I'm just not a fan of the methods GG chose. CoD:UO and CSS both have even more aiming precision than MW2 but are still ages ahead of it when it comes to serious competitive play.

5: A decent match in KZ2 would have no more than 20'ish players along with the Tactician/Assault disabled. That doesn't leave much for variety in weapons/abilites when you compare to MW2. For the most part, you're usually stuck using the standard assault rifle......either that or abusing the 2-hit-kill magnum.

Anyways, comparing the two was pretty silly in the first place. It's really damn obvious that KZ2 is aimed an entire different shooter audience. A more serious one I may say, and the extra clan support just fortifies that.

KZ2 is alot more competitive based and really shines alot more with communicating teams. You get dropped so fast in MW2 that you barely have time to come up with a quick plan to handle a certain situation.

MW2 is alot more arcade'ish and designed for mindless fun that anyone can get into. Think of it as the Soul Calibur of shooters - easy to pick up and play, but there's still tons of room for more dedicated players to dominate everyone else.

I agree with most of what you said except disabling tactician to make a good kz2 match. The tac is pretty much the leader of the team and decides victory or loss for the most part. How does it make sense to disable tac? Disabling tacs leads to base-camping which is pretty much the worst form of clusterfuck. I wonder how much kz you played cos you dont seem to know much about the game. All your other points are pretty spot on though.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

What makes MW2 so different from MW1 that it deserves to be called MW2?

Obviously MW2 is a great game, but what's really new and original in it(compared to the first one)?

If I had to grade MW2 I'd probably rate it somewhere in the eighties, but I haven't played it that much yet.

I do think that the OP is just talking nonsense if he really thinks MW2 looks like a polished ps2 game tho. I'm mostly a wii gamer and MW2 looks heaps better(from a technical point of view anyway) then every wii game out there.

Fail.... sorry but fail

"She said I'm F**kin Awesome!"

"Gurl don't be afraid, I just wanna cut, U can call me a squirrel, I'm just tryna get my nuts"

"Here's some daily science... The World revolves around the sun, not you!"

Both games are average at best, nuff said.

Around the Network

Gears 1>>>>>>>>>>>>KZ2

Lol. I guess I respect the opinion, but I also whole-heartedly disagree.

actually MW2 looks fucking sweet if you play it on something more than a 480p RESOLUTION TV.

The multiplayer matches are fun, with many modes to choose from. (does KZ2 have a third person mode?....... No, no it doesn't.)

The maps are well made, except one map which is a shotgun fest.
ANd besides, 32 players would make it nearly impossible to do teamwork and communicate. As well as taking the fun out of skill based playing. Yes, skill based. Not that shit where campers can get a billion kills because the other team has alot of players. Smaller teams mean more differing spawn locations, more cooperation, and you won't get butt raped by 4 or 5 people because the teams are never clumped together.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

MW2 would have been better with more players in a match because it would be more realistic like a real war they are trying to make it be but I guess that won't be till the next xbox comes out.

All you Xbox owners saying MW2 would be a clusterfuck with 32 players in a match, we'll see what you'ld say when the next xbox is capable of releasing a game with more players online. That's why MW2 can't have more players and with more players it would be more tactical when split into squads.

blackops said:
MW2 would have been better with more players in a match because it would be more realistic like a real war they are trying to make it be but I guess that won't be till the next xbox comes out.

All you Xbox owners saying MW2 would be a clusterfuck with 32 players in a match, we'll see what you'ld say when the next xbox is capable of releasing a game with more players online. That's why MW2 can't have more players and with more players it would be more tactical when split into squads.

CoD:UO is pretty much what you're describing. Large maps, 12v12, tactical play. IW isn't trying to be realistic anymore though. MW2 is basically an arcade shooter with a military theme. All the guns feel like paperweight. They're purposely made easy to shoot so that casuals can get into the game. It makes them feel alot less satisfying to shoot compared to the weps in KZ2. They don't seem to take much time into creating realistic sounds for them either, especially when you compare to pretty much any gun in all of the BF series.

http://soundcloud.com/cathode

PSN: Parasitic_Link