By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Worldwide Up PS3 Still >Than 360 MW2 Sells 8.14million

kowenicki said:
hmmm.

This huge ps3 > 360 gap predicted by many isnt materialising.... I'm thinking fairly even outside Japan this holidays. could be wrong.

i agree with there, i expected the 360 to outsell the ps3 this week too.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network
kowenicki said:
@carl....

if that happens I expect an adjustment next year.... it makes no sense for the 360 not to get a boost in the US.

so i'll be right eventually.

but by the way.... I was talking holidays... not november.... just so you know.

I doubt there will be any major adjustment, 360 had the $100 gift card thing last week and MW2 this week. Nothing next week that could warrant a boost.

MW2 boosted it this week. So the Holiday boost (which is starting already) should nulify the MW2 boost dropoff, whereas it would have been much lower this week if MW2 hadn't launched.

But... We will see

kowenicki said:
@carl....

if that happens I expect an adjustment next year.... it makes no sense for the 360 not to get a boost in the US.

so i'll be right eventually.

but by the way.... I was talking holidays... not november.... just so you know.

Not really. The current high sales of the 360 are because of special bundles and temporary price cuts. Those have a very limited effect, but the holiday boost will come, making the overall 360 sales remain more or less the same.

well, i don't know about the rest of you, but i like being right.

the ps3 numbers are back on track to hit a max of around 700k/wk

the 360 numbers are inflated due to the walmart sale. i don't think mws had as much to do with it as some people seem to think. i give props to MS though, they are doing what they have to do to minimize the bleeding. if they can keep the gap to less than 50k/wk they can be happy with that.

sony needs to jump on the offensive and do something to put MS away for the year. the black friday sales i'm hearing about are great, but i think they really need to respond with a week long promotion to take away MS's momentum.

art is the excrement of culture

less of a difference between the amount sold than I had expected. Very nice.

Check out my game about moles ^

Around the Network
mightyERone said:
Netyaroze said:
mightyERone said:

WOW!!  Even with your price cuts, CODMW2 and Uncharted 2 the Wii still outsold the HD twins...  I dont know how Nintendo dose it...  WOW!!!

LOL try it again:

WII 559k

PS3+Xbox360 621k

Difference is 62K in favor for the HD Consoles. After this Christmas Wii probably be way down in the percentage.

Yep, the big differenc is Wii/DS sales >  Everything else combined by 125k. Again with no big MW2 or Uncharteds.  WOW!!!!!!

You didnt said WII/DS outsold HD TWins you said WII outsold it.  The had much much better times. Its still down YOY like the DS and its BAD for the WII if it gets outsold through the HD Consoles. If you wow at this even if its bad performance for the WII compared to the past. And if you wow every time Wii and DS outsold the HD Twins you can WOW all the time.

If I say WOW then to comment an achievment which is rare. For the WII this week is disappointing. Ofcourse it has great sales but still down compared to last year. And Wii to not outsell the HD Consoles is disappointing to. Not for me but a lot of people said WII 50% for sure. ANd this is looking very unlikely.

Fact is that Wii is the weakest leader of all times. It didnt even manage to unite 50% of the market and if the Xbox360 will be strong this Christmas the Wii could loose 1-2% marketshare over the Holidays. If you are honest the Wii is not in such a good position. Marketleader have usually more lot more then 50%. PS2 = 73% PS1 = 71% SNES= 61% NES= 82% Wii=48.6% and falling. I cant see big reasons to celebrate.

ethomaz said:
kowenicki said:
hmmm.

This huge ps3 > 360 gap predicted by many isnt materialising.... I'm thinking fairly even outside Japan this holidays. could be wrong.

Next week the gap will be increasing to about 100k again.

My preliminary prediction:

360: 280k
PS3: 380k

GAP: +100k PS3

360 has no MW2 bundle and no Walmart gift next week.

True.

uber said:

sony needs to jump on the offensive and do something to put MS away for the year. the black friday sales i'm hearing about are great, but i think they really need to respond with a week long promotion to take away MS's momentum.

LoL, what momentum? It ended by itself, since that was only 1 week deal for 99$. And MW2 bundles, well, all hardcore MW2 fans would buy it on first week. There is NO momentum on x360, just one week(technically 2, since 99$ one week deal started on Saturday) spike.

Wait! This was a full week for MW2? Wasn't it expected to sell 10 million on first week?

Welp at this rate The PS3 will overtake the 360 in three years give or take? CLOCKS TICKIN BOYS! ../s

Seriously good sales though for all systems and MW2. Wonder how the games legs will be.

Alterego-X said:
Wait! This was a full week for MW2? Wasn't it expected to sell 10 million on first week?

8,139,191 is only 360 and PS3 sales.

Remaining sales to PC.