By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Worldwide Up PS3 Still >Than 360 MW2 Sells 8.14million

Zlejedi said:
Carl2291 said:
Talega said:
newbie3 said:
4 of the top 5 console week ones of all time are owned by Xbox. Rather amazing.

Thats because M$ makes a lot of publicity but look the quality of games that are in top :s shame shame

All of them are AAA rated games. Although one of them probably doesn't deserve that rating... They are all without a doubt good games for their respective genre.

None of them deserves to be AAA in my opinion.

It's sad how badly has console gaming fallen with 3 biggest launches being first person shooters and two pointless GTA games.

Fixed that for ya

A whole bumch of people obviously do think they eserve the AAA status. Hence why they are among the best openers of all time.

Around the Network
mightyERone said:

WOW!!  Even with your price cuts, CODMW2 and Uncharted 2 the Wii still outsold the HD twins...  I dont know how Nintendo dose it...  WOW!!!

LOL try it again:

WII 559k

PS3+Xbox360 621k

Difference is 62K in favor for the HD Consoles. After this Christmas Wii probably be way down in the percentage.

wow just wow at wii sales

"...the best way to prepare [to be a programmer] is to write programs, and to study great programs that other people have written. In my case, I went to the garbage cans at the Computer Science Center and fished out listings of their operating system." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

"Hey, Steve, just because you broke into Xerox's house before I did and took the TV doesn't mean I can't go in later and take the stereo." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

Bill Gates had Mac prototypes to work from, and he was known to be obsessed with trying to make Windows as good as SAND (Steve's Amazing New Device), as a Microsoft exec named it. It was the Mac that Microsoft took for its blueprint on how to make a GUI.

""Windows [n.] - A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition.""

Wii is in a leauge of it´s own and will be the winning console this holiday by far. In fact Nintendo dominates as usual with the top 2 selling systems.

Good sales for PS3 and 360 as well. Both will likely have a grand time during the holiday weeks.
PSP is the big failure here. It´s doing very good in Japan but otherwise...not so much.

Nice sales... for all except PSP.

I was very acurate this week in my prediction.

CONSOLE : MY / VGC = %Error

360 : 280k / 294k = 4%
PS3 : 340k / 327k = -4%
Wii : 520k / 559k = 7%

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
hmmm.

This huge ps3 > 360 gap predicted by many isnt materialising.... I'm thinking fairly even outside Japan this holidays. could be wrong.

360 will remain pretty flat next week and everything else is expected to get a substantial boost.

You will be wrong

Netyaroze said:
mightyERone said:

WOW!!  Even with your price cuts, CODMW2 and Uncharted 2 the Wii still outsold the HD twins...  I dont know how Nintendo dose it...  WOW!!!

LOL try it again:

WII 559k

PS3+Xbox360 621k

Difference is 62K in favor for the HD Consoles. After this Christmas Wii probably be way down in the percentage.

Yep, the big differenc is Wii/DS sales >  Everything else combined by 125k. Again with no big MW2 or Uncharteds.  WOW!!!!!!

kowenicki said:
hmmm.

This huge ps3 > 360 gap predicted by many isnt materialising.... I'm thinking fairly even outside Japan this holidays. could be wrong.

Next week the gap will be increasing to about 100k again.

My preliminary prediction:

360: 280k
PS3: 380k

GAP: +100k PS3

360 there is no MW2 bundle and no Walmart gift next week.

@Kowen

This came from weekly analysis this week shud clear thing up a bit.

"The implication here is that despite Xbox 360 looking to have made up a lot of ground on PS3 in the last two weeks, we expect sales next week to be fairly flat for Microsoft while all other formats should see another 15-20% holiday increase ? so PS3 should pull ahead significantly over the remainder of the year."

Holy hell

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi