By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Worldwide Up PS3 Still >Than 360 MW2 Sells 8.14million

ethomaz said:
Alterego-X said:
Wait! This was a full week for MW2? Wasn't it expected to sell 10 million on first week?

8,139,191 is only 360 and PS3 sales.

Remaining sales to PC.

I've seen numbers as large as 4 million for PC. But if you're counting units paid for, the high is looking like it'll be 3 copies.

Around the Network

wow! im surprised i thought the bundle pack would of destroyed the slim, but the slim withstood and still kept on going strong.

wonder if ps3 would have been ahead in america without walmart and mdern warfare 2 bundles for 360? oh and what the hells with the 360 increase in others? thats a massive unexplained rise, if the 360 rised so much shouldnt the ps3 rise even more?

@Solid ^^It could if it had MW2 bundle as well...

Netyaroze said:
mightyERone said:
Netyaroze said:
mightyERone said:

WOW!!  Even with your price cuts, CODMW2 and Uncharted 2 the Wii still outsold the HD twins...  I dont know how Nintendo dose it...  WOW!!!

LOL try it again:

WII 559k

PS3+Xbox360 621k

Difference is 62K in favor for the HD Consoles. After this Christmas Wii probably be way down in the percentage.

Yep, the big differenc is Wii/DS sales >  Everything else combined by 125k. Again with no big MW2 or Uncharteds.  WOW!!!!!!

You didnt said WII/DS outsold HD TWins you said WII outsold it.  The had much much better times. Its still down YOY like the DS and its BAD for the WII if it gets outsold through the HD Consoles. If you wow at this even if its bad performance for the WII compared to the past. And if you wow every time Wii and DS outsold the HD Twins you can WOW all the time.

If I say WOW then to comment an achievment which is rare. For the WII this week is disappointing. Ofcourse it has great sales but still down compared to last year. And Wii to not outsell the HD Consoles is disappointing to. Not for me but a lot of people said WII 50% for sure. ANd this is looking very unlikely.

Fact is that Wii is the weakest leader of all times. It didnt even manage to unite 50% of the market and if the Xbox360 will be strong this Christmas the Wii could loose 1-2% marketshare over the Holidays. If you are honest the Wii is not in such a good position. Marketleader have usually more lot more then 50%. PS2 = 73% PS1 = 71% SNES= 61% NES= 82% Wii=48.6% and falling. I cant see big reasons to celebrate.

LOL and both Microsoft and Sony wouldnt love to have the Wii's profits in their coffers. If anything this SD box is laughing at the HD twins. It comes to something when sales of a SD console are being compared to 2 HD consoles produced by MUCH larger companies. Just LOL

"...the best way to prepare [to be a programmer] is to write programs, and to study great programs that other people have written. In my case, I went to the garbage cans at the Computer Science Center and fished out listings of their operating system." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

"Hey, Steve, just because you broke into Xerox's house before I did and took the TV doesn't mean I can't go in later and take the stereo." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

Bill Gates had Mac prototypes to work from, and he was known to be obsessed with trying to make Windows as good as SAND (Steve's Amazing New Device), as a Microsoft exec named it. It was the Mac that Microsoft took for its blueprint on how to make a GUI.

""Windows [n.] - A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition.""

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
hmmm.

This huge ps3 > 360 gap predicted by many isnt materialising.... I'm thinking fairly even outside Japan this holidays. could be wrong.

yea i'd wait for next week before saying it isnt "materialising". the gap should be pretty big next week, as the 360 aint going to have the walmart promotion and the modern warfare 2 launch is over!

Iiiiiiinteresting.

I wonder if NSMBWii will produce a hardware boost at all? Probably not a very noticeable one.

Wii is still down YoY even with Price cut.

Next week is NSMB. The same time period last year Wii sold 786,064, can it finally show YOY increase ?

Bladeforce said:
Netyaroze said:
mightyERone said:
Netyaroze said:
mightyERone said:

WOW!!  Even with your price cuts, CODMW2 and Uncharted 2 the Wii still outsold the HD twins...  I dont know how Nintendo dose it...  WOW!!!

LOL try it again:

WII 559k

PS3+Xbox360 621k

Difference is 62K in favor for the HD Consoles. After this Christmas Wii probably be way down in the percentage.

Yep, the big differenc is Wii/DS sales >  Everything else combined by 125k. Again with no big MW2 or Uncharteds.  WOW!!!!!!

You didnt said WII/DS outsold HD TWins you said WII outsold it.  The had much much better times. Its still down YOY like the DS and its BAD for the WII if it gets outsold through the HD Consoles. If you wow at this even if its bad performance for the WII compared to the past. And if you wow every time Wii and DS outsold the HD Twins you can WOW all the time.

If I say WOW then to comment an achievment which is rare. For the WII this week is disappointing. Ofcourse it has great sales but still down compared to last year. And Wii to not outsell the HD Consoles is disappointing to. Not for me but a lot of people said WII 50% for sure. ANd this is looking very unlikely.

Fact is that Wii is the weakest leader of all times. It didnt even manage to unite 50% of the market and if the Xbox360 will be strong this Christmas the Wii could loose 1-2% marketshare over the Holidays. If you are honest the Wii is not in such a good position. Marketleader have usually more lot more then 50%. PS2 = 73% PS1 = 71% SNES= 61% NES= 82% Wii=48.6% and falling. I cant see big reasons to celebrate.

LOL and both Microsoft and Sony wouldnt love to have the Wii's profits in their coffers. If anything this SD box is laughing at the HD twins. It comes to something when sales of a SD console are being compared to 2 HD consoles produced by MUCH larger companies. Just LOL

i guess Windows and Blu Ray are not profitable than

TheThunder said:
Wii is still down YoY even with Price cut.

Next week is NSMB. The same time period last year Wii sold 786,064, can it finally show YOY increase ?

Oh Hell no

The sales bump won't be that big

Wii probably won't see a YOY increase until mid-December