By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I'm writting a letter to SONY!!!!!!!

reptile168 said:
You should have purchased an extended warranty. Probably the extended warranty would have cost 50-80$

Extended warranty are the biggest waste of money ever.

Around the Network

First off, never address a letter with "to whom this may concern."

It should be: Dear sir or madam,

Everyone needs to play Lost Odyssey! Any opposition to this and I will have to just say, "If it's a fight you want, you got it!"

First and most important rule for writing a letter trying to get something out of a company:

NEVER, EVER write "To whom it / this may concern".

Find out exactly who you need to write to and address the letter to that person directly. Even if you are only given a job title to reference rather than a person's name, it's better than a "to whom it may concern" opening.

Only write "to whom it may concern" if you want to vent but you aren't expecting anything out of the recipient.

Second rule: make sure you go to the most senior person possible. The plebs in an organisation don't have the authority to make exceptions. You need to get to the person who has enough seniority to cut you some slack.

Third rule: Never tell them someone else's customer service is better, especially if it is their most hated competition. In fact don't even mention the competition unless it is for the purpose of running the competition down. Remember, you are trying to get something from Sony, that they are not legally obliged to give. The best way to ensure you DON'T succeed is by saying MS are better than them.

This means you need to brown nose big time. Tell Sony how great their customer service has been in the past whenever you or your friends have had a problem, and that in the past customer service staff have been very friendly and helpful, and made you feel like valued customers. Yada yada yada.

All of your points are being made in a negative and whiny way. State the points in a positive way. You need to manipulate the emotions of the person you are writing to to make them really WANT to help you out, because Sony is such a great company who looks out for the customer, and the person you are writing to wants to be part of that marvelous company culture. Whinning about stuff only works on parents, and only when you're a kid.

DO NOT throw the 10-year plan in their face. The least bit of negativity associated with the 10-year plan will mean the automatic binning of your letter.

lastly you are using the masculine part of your brain in this letter: come out guns blazing, shoot first and ask questions later. You need to use the feminine part of your brain: be manipulate, flatter and know that revenge is a dish best served cold.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

^^^
@binary solo

I agree with most of your post. But the OP needs to be strait forward and semi stern with the person he is addressing. That doesn't mean he should attack them or whatever, just let them know your not messing about. If your too "feminine they could brush you off". Just be strait forward and firm but don't over do it. Just reinforce the notion that your a loyal customer with a majority of your electronics Sony, and that you may decide to go elsewhere in the future if this isn't taken care of.

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!

@ damndl0ser

Don't mistake "feminine" with weak, helpless, damsel in distress type notions. But yeah, you've got to do the right amount of schmooze and the right amount of directness. It's really important to clearly lay out what you expect from them, while massaging the ego at the same time.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network

@ binary solo: My ego needs some massaging. Got anything for me?

Tease.

Seems like you should have taken up this crusade last gen.  The PS2 was much less reliable and only had a 90 day warranty.

My Co-workers Blu Ray died as well in the PS3.

^^ oh no fanboy alert.
sorry to hear about that, i hope you don't stop being a sony customer, you will miss out on so much, anyway tell them that you are a loyal fan since ps1 days and have had no problems with any of there previous products, that should stir them up somewhat (even if it's not true).
at least i know if my ps3 ever dies on me i can say that, both my ps1 and ps2 are still working perfectly and my ps3 is poorly, poor thing, but i will buy another one, just beause normally sony products are so reliable, i think it's just a problem with all the release consoles, they all will die sooner or later especially if you play on them lots.

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

phinch1 said:
shall i ask for spankwire application along with the facebook in the next update too?

that is jus jkz