By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I'm writting a letter to SONY!!!!!!!

Hey guys and gals, not so long ago my ps3 died (the blu ray laser went) and sony said they would repair it for £99
and am i foooooooook paying that much, I don't mind living without my ps3 for a while so i decided to write them a letter saying how discusted i am, really playing my face and see if it gets me any where

this is my letter so far, its not by far the final peice, just need to know what you guys would add to it, or how you would re word it, because i have just thrown a jumbled mess on paper here

18/11/2009

Consumer Services
Sony Computer Entertainment UK
PO BOX 2047
London
W1A 5HY

To whom this may concern

I would first like to say that I rang your customer support line 3 times and was on hold for 20 minutes on average each time and I eventually got through on the 4th call and I think that is an appalling customer service. I bought my Playstation 3 on the 27th of December 2007 and it has worked fine till 10th of November 2009 when I bought the new Call of duty modern warfare 2, I got home and put the game in my console and it just would not read the game at all, it still plays Dvd's and CD's perfectly fine, I even resorted to formatting the HD and restoring corrupt files and rebuilding the system hoping that it would be a software problem and not a hardware fault, but with no luck the games still would not load up. So on the 4th phone call when I “eventually” got through I explained my problem and I was told that I would have to pay £99 for it to be repaired. I have been a very big fan of Sony and it's consoles, I have stuck with Sony when it comes to gaming even though you have to pay more, I know I'm getting better quality, But with the Playstation 3 I am very disappointed that my £300+ machine didn't even make it for 2 years. 2 years is appalling for a Sony product, as Jack Trentton himself said that he believes in the 10 year cycle, how can he believe in that if systems are failing 2 years into this “10 year cycle”. My xbox 360 has failed on me 3 times in 2 years. But there customer service was helpful I got through first time every time and 3 times I had it repaired for free.
What I want to know is what can you do to help me? The Blu ray laser burning out is becoming a very common problem And I'm not paying £99 for a fault in a machine not down to me and if that
the case when Jack Trentton says about current ps2 owners become future ps3 owners, well this current ps3 owner will never buy another product from Sony.

Around the Network

any help at all please :)

Just pay to repair it

just sell it on ebay or sumthing and buy a ps3 slim, 99euro is just not worth them fixing it especially if it might break again =/....sorry for the death of your ps3

My xbox 360 has failed on me 3 times in 2 years. But there customer service was helpful I got through first time every time and 3 times I had it repaired for free.
What I want to know is what can you do to help me? The Blu ray laser burning out is becoming a very common problem And I'm not paying £99 for a fault in a machine not down to me and if that
the case when Jack Trentton says about current ps2 owners become future ps3 owners, well this current ps3 owner will never buy another product from Sony.

Here's the difference:

Xbox 360 has had a major problem with RROD and to clean up that image, it was basically the only option to go "oh, you have a problem, no problem, here... a free repair". Apparently, it works, because it broke down three times in two years and you're basically happy about it.

Sony's PS3 has been stated to be within the margins of error that is allowed for products, therefore they do not "need" to go "here, for free". It's a shame it broke down, but it happens to the best of us, and if it is not a major problem (read: outside the margin of error), then it's something you'll have to accept.

I DO agree that being on the phone for 20 minutes each time, is way too much and lousy customer service. The other points however, I don't agree with.

Around the Network

remove the last bit about not buying another sony system
also, u said u r a big sony fan, take out the i have a 360 and put my friends 360 broke 3 time blah blah blah
make it sound like the PS3 is the only one u have an want

might get u somewere

personally i rang and was out of warrently but they still fixed it for free
my mate rang and they said he had to pay, so he put the phone down and rang again and they did it for free

thay have very good service if u get the right person lol

Mine was replaced for free when it broke after 13 months, same problem too. I think it really does depend who you talk to so try calling again.

Add this at the middle as it's own paragraph:

"A lot of your fans are hoping for remastered PS3 ports for the Jak and Team ICO series games. 1080p would be awesome."

You're good to go.

4 ≈ One

im just going to keep trying them untill i get the right answer lol

@ dsister......just no i refuse to pay, I'm not made of money.

@playstation gamer, will do :) cheers

@papflesje, yeah being on the phone that long really did piss me, maybe they will take pity on me :P

LOL Dgc , i will try and slip that in somewhere i promise :) even if its in another letter