By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I'm writting a letter to SONY!!!!!!!

Wonderful customer service Sony have there lol

"...the best way to prepare [to be a programmer] is to write programs, and to study great programs that other people have written. In my case, I went to the garbage cans at the Computer Science Center and fished out listings of their operating system." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

"Hey, Steve, just because you broke into Xerox's house before I did and took the TV doesn't mean I can't go in later and take the stereo." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

Bill Gates had Mac prototypes to work from, and he was known to be obsessed with trying to make Windows as good as SAND (Steve's Amazing New Device), as a Microsoft exec named it. It was the Mac that Microsoft took for its blueprint on how to make a GUI.

""Windows [n.] - A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition.""

Around the Network

exactly , im pissed off lol

For shits and giggles, email it via the PS3 browser :D Your gaming console can't play games, but it can send emails!

I always had good encounters with sony customer service. Things must have changed being I haven't had to call in about a year.

I'm not martin luther king. I don't have a dream. I have a plan

Sell a man a fish you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish you just ruined a perfect business opportunity.

We didn't emerge out of the stone age because we ran out of stones. Its time to be proactive not reactive.

The failure rate is 16 percent according to CNET so while no where near the Xbox fail rate its still poor.

I would just keep on at them and hope that they eventually crack.

I would also rewrite the letter. I once dated a customer care representative and the letters that got the best response were the ones that were short (pertinent points only) and sweet (just be extremly polite but robust)

Its a little cheeky but say the console is your childs (whether you have kids or not) and that they are heart broken.

Then state that given the machines high cost and your previous support you believe that an out of warranty repair given the short life of the machine is appropriate.

If you get no reply send a second letter along with a photocopy of the original asking for the courtesy of a response.

If that fails get nasty.....You tube videos nearly always shame SONY into action.

Around the Network

I've got a PS3 from December 2006. Still works like new. I've never had problems with any PlayStation product.

My launch PS2 died after 6 years of gaming and movie watching. I got a slim same year. The problem it had was when I got my 60 gig PS3 in August of last year. :)

I think you're over reacting.

Never going to buy another PlayStation product ever again, based on this one occurrence? And you say you're a huge fan of Sony and PlayStation? Think about, Sony isn't use to hearing people say their PS3 is broken.

Add in

"If you dont fix my console for free, i will sell it and buy an Xbox 360. Like the rest of the world"

That will fix them!

And they wont reply to you.

I can understand somebody people pissed if their console breaks. I cannot comprehend how much angrier you must be when they won't replace it.

Kind of a low blow from "the most reliable HD console".

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Tell them you can't afford to get your PS3 fixed right now and you would much rather get games for Christmas on your PS3 instead of getting them for your brother's shitty 360. Ask them to please help you out and make your household a Playstation household not a XBOX household.
Tell them it took you forever to get your brother to agree to getting MW2 on the PS3 for christmas instead of for the 360 but now that it's broken you don't think he will agree to it anymore.

Just remember making threats and putting down their product or service gets you no where. The only time threats work is when it's on the scale of a lawsuit or such and you are nowhere near that.

Show them that you are a valued customer and if they don't help you fix the PS3 they will be losing you but not out of anger or threats, rather out of something that is out of your control.