By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I'm writting a letter to SONY!!!!!!!

binary solo said:
mibuokami said:
A few pointers:

* Go straight to the top, never wast time on QA, find the big boss man and email or TELEPHONE him / her instead. The higher up you go the more chance you have of getting things fixed.

* Be reasonable in your argument. Do not mention the 360 or drivel on about being a fan. Do mention that you are a long time customer who has been happy with the product until now.

* Mention the concept of fair use for any consumer electronic (the more expensive it is, the more a product manufactorer has a liability to ensure that the product last it's life cycle') most country has similiar laws to this effect even if its generally not enforced.

Cross you fingers.

You read my post didn't you?

@ phinch1: SOmetimes it's more effort than it's worth to try to get the free service you think you deserve. I've cut my losses and paid the money in a few situations where I thought justice was on my side. But it was going to cost me more in time, effort and stress to try to extract justice, so I ended up not sticking it to the man. I suggest you still send the letter. You never know, they might send you a box of chocolates.

Ha I actually didn't :P But now that I go back and read, I've basically regurgitated half of what you said so I blame synchronicity!

Around the Network

do you think that they will read the letter?

geez, this thread started ages back. And all this time you didn't play any ps3!? Poor guy.

As an experienced call center agent, if I got this in my ERMS system, I would of laughed at this.

I feel sorry for your loss, but your out of warranty and really have no business asking anything from Sony or any other company, yes it may be cold and harsh, but one must realise that once the warranty and grace period is over thats it, at the end of the day the company has completed their agreement with you and it effectively ended 13 months after the date of purchase...I seriously don't understand why people think they have any rights once the warranty is over.

I feel for you cuz I love my PS3 and would hate if it broke down, but I understand that once my warranty expires along with my grace period that I have no right and essentially have to buy another one if I want to, that's just how things are, it's just the reality and one you have to live with.

If it's with in warranty, then I could understand, in which case you have every right, again you would have every right in the grace period, but that's essentially it.

Your attempts would just fall on deaf ears.

Destroyer_of_knights said:
As an experienced call center agent, if I got this in my ERMS system, I would of laughed at this.

I feel sorry for your loss, but your out of warranty and really have no business asking anything from Sony or any other company, yes it may be cold and harsh, but one must realise that once the warranty and grace period is over thats it, at the end of the day the company has completed their agreement with you and it effectively ended 13 months after the date of purchase...I seriously don't understand why people think they have any rights once the warranty is over.

I feel for you cuz I love my PS3 and would hate if it broke down, but I understand that once my warranty expires along with my grace period that I have no right and essentially have to buy another one if I want to, that's just how things are, it's just the reality and one you have to live with.

If it's with in warranty, then I could understand, in which case you have every right, again you would have every right in the grace period, but that's essentially it.

Your attempts would just fall on deaf ears.

I would suggest you read mibuokami's 4th bullet point.

In fact, after the warranty period is ended that is not the end of the story in countries that have consumer protection laws. In my country it's called the Consumer Guarantees Act. Essentially every product has an reasonable lifespan. If your product dies because of a product fault inside that reasonable lifespan then the law says the company must fix it or replace it without cost. The CGA doesn't cover 2nd hand sales, and it doesn't cover products that have been tampered with or damaged by the user. RROD here wouldn't have required MS to be gracious and extend their warranty to 3 years, because the CGA would require it of MS as a matter of course. YLOD would be the same.

What's a reasonable lifespan of a gaming console? I would say 3 years myself. If you treat your console right it is reasonable to expect to get at least 3 fault-free years of gameplay. After 3 years normal wear and tear becomes a factor in any breakdowns and it is not fair to pin faults after 3 years totally on the manufacturer. That's another reason why paying for the 3-year extended warranty is a bit of a rip off.

So yeah, in most civilised countries people do still have rights once the warranty is over. I would think the UK would have a similar law to our CGA. For the most part people don't realise it, and comanies rely on people being ill informed of their rights. So they always charge for service when the CGA would demand that they not charge. When the customer demonstrates they know their rights then they try to pin the fault on the customer as a way to get out of having to do the right thing (Oh, you must have bumped it too much, or you didin'y run it in a well enough ventilated place, or...). Most of the time the stonewalling tactic works because people don't have the time or the energy to take the matter further, and usually they don't know how to take the matter further.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
mibuokami said:
binary solo said:
mibuokami said:
A few pointers:

* Go straight to the top, never wast time on QA, find the big boss man and email or TELEPHONE him / her instead. The higher up you go the more chance you have of getting things fixed.

* Be reasonable in your argument. Do not mention the 360 or drivel on about being a fan. Do mention that you are a long time customer who has been happy with the product until now.

* Mention the concept of fair use for any consumer electronic (the more expensive it is, the more a product manufactorer has a liability to ensure that the product last it's life cycle') most country has similiar laws to this effect even if its generally not enforced.

Cross you fingers.

You read my post didn't you?

@ phinch1: SOmetimes it's more effort than it's worth to try to get the free service you think you deserve. I've cut my losses and paid the money in a few situations where I thought justice was on my side. But it was going to cost me more in time, effort and stress to try to extract justice, so I ended up not sticking it to the man. I suggest you still send the letter. You never know, they might send you a box of chocolates.

Ha I actually didn't :P But now that I go back and read, I've basically regurgitated half of what you said so I blame synchronicity!

Great minds, and all that.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Just pay them for repair  and if your product is in warranty period than don't need to pay them  for.

its coool, i still got my old ps3 but i bought a slim for £153 brand new( secret cant tell anyone) :P i thought i may aswell seen as its £120 to repair it

actually, interesting story, when i went to tesco to buy my slim last night i got it home, to find that there was already 2 profiles on it, emails dated from before my purchase date, so i rang up and they swapped it imidietly but i am writing a letter to tesco's head office cause i know ill get £50 voucher, cause thats a pretty serious thing, i spend that much i want a brand new console, not one that the night staff seemed to have played on

"I would first like to say that I rang your customer support line 3 times and was on hold for 20 minutes on average each time"

i shit u not sonys customer service is runned by idiots i had a problem 2 weeks ago i rang them a good 16!! times! no answer costing me a fuck ton of money i tryed again and got through my problem is fixed