By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu SALES (11/9 – 11/15) -- FF:TCB Is 7th!!

^Why do some of you think, that RROD is acceptable for japanese? Any electronic product with such big failure rate would be just recalled back long long time ago.

On topic, FFCC:CB bombed, Mario&Sonic showing some legs, DB did ok.

Around the Network

PS3 hasn't exactly done amazingly in Japan either, things like HD or online don't really matter much there, hell console gaming overall's in steep decline in favor of handhelds (which culturally, just mesh better with Japan). I'm not sure 360's "failure" there is as nationalistic or xenophobic as you think...

I don't agree that consoles that deserve to do well are the ones to do well. If that was the case, the Dreamcast would've taken over the world.

ZorroX said:
^Why do you think, that RROD is acceptable for japanese? Any electronic product with such failure tate would be just recalled long long time ago.

The original PlayStation wasn't, and that machine would stop playing FMVs if you looked at it funny.

jarrod said:
PS3 hasn't exactly done amazingly in Japan either, things like HD or online don't really matter much there, hell console gaming overall's in steep decline in favor of handhelds (which culturally, just mesh better with Japan). I'm not sure 360's "failure" there is as nationalistic or xenophobic as you think...

Its is, but PS3 is doing ok now

one of the reasons PS3 didn't do well is that all those JRPG's were on 360

PSP GO! did 6.6K!

More hardware stuff should come soon

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
jarrod said:

Its is, but PS3 is doing ok now

one of the reasons PS3 didn't do well is that all those JRPG's were on 360

PSP GO! did 6.6K!

More hardware stuff should come soon

It's doing passably now, from GC figures to Saturn figures.  The truth is though, expectations for consoles have just been lowered because overall handhelds have stolen the spotlight and become the "core" gaming platforms.

Gab said:
I don't agree that consoles that deserve to do well are the ones to do well. If that was the case, the Dreamcast would've taken over the world.

I have learnt recently that the dreamcasts sales were good, but SEGA couldn't go on due to low 3rd party support

so technically dreamcast could have sold much more, other factors led to its decline, its not the best comparison here

@Zorrox

PS2 had the same problems though

darthdevidem01 said:
Gab said:

I have learnt recently that the dreamcasts sales were good, but SEGA couldn't go on due to low 3rd party support

so technically dreamcast could have sold much more, other factors led to its decline, its not the best comparison here

They weren't really.  It'd only sold about 6-7 million worldwide by the time Sega pulled the plug iirc, the other 4 million were sold at steep discount afterwards.

DC's one of the few consoles that really did deserve better imo.

jarrod said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Gab said:

They weren't really.  It'd only sold about 6-7 million worldwide by the time Sega pulled the plug iirc, the other 4 million were sold at steep discount afterwards.

DC's one of the few consoles that really did deserve better imo.

I thought it sold 10 million right off

Maybe it did deserve better

Yes Handhelds have take over Japan

but the PSP GO! 6K figure is very poor too

_______

OP Updated with more complete software listings

The piracy killed the Dreamcast. Like the longest supported console (Neo Geo) got killed by piracy aswell.