By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu SALES (11/9 – 11/15) -- FF:TCB Is 7th!!

Those are very poor numbers for FFCC.

I'm surprised by Mario & Sonic managing to stay in the top 10, could it actually have a better second than first week?

Around the Network
papflesje said:
The Xbox Man said:
PS3 is doing well but Xbox 360 deserves to do well, i feel bad not seeing any games for it in the top 10, when will this change?

And why does it "deserve" it, xbox man with the xbox avatar? 

Because it has content for Japan it has all the JRPG's, Ace COmbat 6, low price. What more do they want microsoft to do?  it deserves success in Japan. And I have a PS3 slim now so don't pull that card

@Xbox man

Thats completely a point of view

Consoles that "deserve" to sell well DO SELL WELL

those that don't...DO NOT sell well

Xbox 360 hasn't sold well in Japan, it has ALL those JRPG's....but there is one mother of an except here, it doesn't have an FF or DQ

Owning a Ps3 doesn't mean you can't be biased BTW

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
@Xbox man

Xbox 360 hasn't sold well in Japan, it has ALL those JRPG's....but there is one mother of an except here, it doesn't have an FF or DQ

Why are you being so harsh man? All I said was I believe xbox 360 deserves to do better. The only reason it doesn't do that is because its made by an American manufacturer, it did have many more jrpg's than ps3 but it still sold less. the only reason left is that there is some sort of bias in the country. Xbox 360 had better games with jrpg's, thats why I think it deserves to sell more

Sorry but I agree with Xbox man.

Just let say it easy. Last generation MS didn't tried to sell the xbox in Japan...They only had a few J games like DOA, Ninja Gaiden and one mediocre JRPG.

And they sold 500k of the original xbox.

They deserved it.

With the Xbox 360 MS tried to do well...lot of JRPG's...lot of J-games (like ace combat)... And the xbox 360 only sold two times that much in the same time frame....I would say they deserved more;

Around the Network
The Xbox Man said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@Xbox man

Why are you being so harsh man? All I said was I believe xbox 360 deserves to do better. The only reason it doesn't do that is because its made by an American manufacturer, it did have many more jrpg's than ps3 but it still sold less. the only reason left is that there is some sort of bias in the country. Xbox 360 had better games with jrpg's, thats why I think it deserves to sell more

oh please not this RACe excuse

Why is the i-pod a phenomenon in Japan? tell me, isn't Apple american?

@Lost Planet

I see where you are coming from

but there HAS to be a reason that isn't "because xbox is american", as other american made products do well in Japan

In the end consumers decide what should do well....

darthdevidem01 said:
The Xbox Man said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@Xbox man

@Lost Planet

but there HAS to be a reason that isn't "because xbox is american", as other american made products do well in Japan

oh whatever dude, you don't get my point, your ignoring my point actually. No company has invested in Japan as much as microsoft this generation. For once I'm being reasonable and trying to give you proof and I'm still being shot down by you PS3 fans. Don't hide that you have no bias either.

@Lost Planet - thanks that is exactly what I mean, its not really fair xbox 360 isn't doing much better there

I'd say 360's done a lot to turn things around in Japan and start making up for the bad impression the original Xbox left. 360's also the hardcore stg/adv console of choice there (holding up the tradition of PC Engine, Saturn and Dreamcast nicely). It's not all bad, though obviously getting FFXIII would've helped. Microsoft should push hard for the inevitable International rerelease, maybe even exclusively.

darthdevidem01 said:
The Xbox Man said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@Xbox man

@Lost Planet

perhaps the bias just stops at the gaming industry. Maybe they wager they brought gaming to what it is not and no upstart american company gonna remove them as the leaders.

The Xbox Man said:
darthdevidem01 said:
The Xbox Man said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@Xbox man

@Lost Planet

oh whatever dude, you don't get my point, your ignoring my point actually. No company has invested in Japan as much as microsoft this generation. For once I'm being reasonable and trying to give you proof and I'm still being shot down by you PS3 fans. Don't hide that you have no bias either.

@Lost Planet - thanks that is exactly what I mean, its not really fair xbox 360 isn't doing much better there

Lets agree to disagree as I don't think I will be completely AGREEING with you!

@jarrod

I highly doubt that

FF13 internationals sell A LOT....PS3 will get one too