By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu SALES (11/9 – 11/15) -- FF:TCB Is 7th!!

darthdevidem01 said:
iBlah said:
jarrod said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Gab said:
I don't agree that consoles that deserve to do well are the ones to do well. If that was the case, the Dreamcast would've taken over the world.

I have learnt recently that the dreamcasts sales were good, but SEGA couldn't go on due to low 3rd party support

so technically dreamcast could have sold much more, other factors led to its decline, its not the best comparison here

They weren't really.  It'd only sold about 6-7 million worldwide by the time Sega pulled the plug iirc, the other 4 million were sold at steep discount afterwards.

DC's one of the few consoles that really did deserve better imo.

from wikpeida:

Despite problems with the Japan launch, the system's launch in the United States was successful. In the United States alone, a record 300,000 unit had been pre-ordered and Sega sold 500,000 consoles in just two weeks (including a record 225,132 sold during the first 24 hours). In fact, due to brisk sales and hardware shortages, Sega was unable to fulfill all of the advance orders. Sega confirmed that it made US$98.4 million on combined hardware and software sales with Dreamcast with its September 9, 1999 launch. Four days after its launch in the US, Sega stated 372,000 units were sold bringing in 132 million in sales.

it did GREAT upon release.

Hey exactly, thats what I had heard, it broke records initially

but 3rd parties & as lost planet said piracy finished it

There wasn't enough income for SEGA to continue making games

actually it did great even after release, the sale increased by 150% in Q3 2000, so basically it was kicking ass then somehow (piracy?? 3rd parties withdrawing support??) no good games were coming to it and PS2 was released, then it fell.

Around the Network
Noobie said:
So wot will be Wii n PS3 hardware numbers?

I bet PS3 > Wii as FF:TCB doesn't seem like its moved hardware!!!!!

@soriku

we need to know hardware before we call em meh....roflroflrofl!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

PSP is quickly dropping in sales (and they didn't even start high). Wasn't first shipment something like 150k? At this rate those won't be sold until somewhere in 2010.

darthdevidem01 said:
jarrod said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Gab said:
I don't agree that consoles that deserve to do well are the ones to do well. If that was the case, the Dreamcast would've taken over the world.

I have learnt recently that the dreamcasts sales were good, but SEGA couldn't go on due to low 3rd party support

so technically dreamcast could have sold much more, other factors led to its decline, its not the best comparison here

They weren't really.  It'd only sold about 6-7 million worldwide by the time Sega pulled the plug iirc, the other 4 million were sold at steep discount afterwards.

I thought it sold 10 million right off

Maybe it did deserve better

Yes Handhelds have take over Japan

but the PSP GO! 6K figure is very poor too

_______

OP Updated with more complete software listings

lol, true.  Repost from the other thread...

lol. Crystal Bearers, Lunar and Rockman.EXE all bombed hard. Dragon Ball did pretty badly too really.

PSP go's bombed harder than my wildest expectations though. I figured it wouldn't get down to 360 level numbers until next year, now it's looking like it'll get there next week.

The only real positives are Hexyz Force and Soccer Club 6, which both did decently. Mario & Sonic 2's holding up well too, as are the usual suspects (Inazuma Eleven 2, Tomodachi Collection, Wii Fit Plus, Pokemon HG/SS).

ZorroX said:
darthdevidem01 said:

@Zorrox

PS2 had the same problems though

Links, or it wasn`t happening.

Well I guess it was happening.

Around the Network

Can't say I'm satisfied with how Lunar did. Oh well.

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

The Xbox Man said:
PS3 is doing well but Xbox 360 deserves to do well, i feel bad not seeing any games for it in the top 10, when will this change?

When they focus on good JRPG instead of FPS

koffieboon said:
PSP is quickly dropping in sales (and they didn't even start high). Wasn't first shipment something like 150k? At this rate those won't be sold until somewhere in 2010.

No thats for DS LL

which will probably outsell PSP's GO!'s LTD in one week at this rate!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Man, only 35k for TCB? That's harsh.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

rccsetzer said:
iBlah said:
jarrod said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Gab said:

from wikpeida:

Despite problems with the Japan launch, the system's launch in the United States was successful. In the United States alone, a record 300,000 unit had been pre-ordered and Sega sold 500,000 consoles in just two weeks (including a record 225,132 sold during the first 24 hours). In fact, due to brisk sales and hardware shortages, Sega was unable to fulfill all of the advance orders. Sega confirmed that it made US$98.4 million on combined hardware and software sales with Dreamcast with its September 9, 1999 launch. Four days after its launch in the US, Sega stated 372,000 units were sold bringing in 132 million in sales.

it did GREAT upon release.

No one believed in SEGA anymore, after Sega Saturn , 32x and Sega CD's fiasco. Imagine if now Sony decides to retire PS3. Many developers and stores would go nuts and discredit Sony for the next console, even if it is better than PS3. Sony is doing the right thing when talking about the "10 year cycle plan" for PS3.

huh, I really didn't know that. so they stopped making DC games because they believed it would automatically lose once other consoles were released?? kinda lame, why didn't they all automatically buy PS3??