By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
NightDragon83 said:
I don't get why the Russian gov't is so offended... the terrorist guy Malakov or whatever his name is clearly stated "No Russian" beforehand... it's not his fault if the player doesn't comply.

I think you made a contextual faux pas here... He says "no russian" which in the context of the game means "don't speak russian"...as in "we will blame this on Americans and start a war between the two" ;)

He slaughters every russian person in the airport otherwise...

Around the Network

I was actually thinking that this was the most offensive games to any foreign nation I had ever played, when I played it.

I honestly think the game is very overrated and the story is just not ... good.

That is horrible.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

What's the big deal? You can skip that "offensive" section.

The whole story is pretty offensive to Russia, not just that scene. There is no wink in the eye of this game.

Around the Network

BTW...did anyone here play Frontlines:Fuel of War?

That game is just as bad as MW2 as it has you...Ameircan trooper...invading Russia...for oil. 0.o

Was that game banned in Russia?

It's just a game... it's not real. IT'S NOT REAL. I don't understand what the problem is. If it WAS REAL, yea I could understand but it's a VIDEO GAME. I mean I guess there are some that are going to be affected by it but ITS STILL NOT REAL. You aren't acting anything out... you aren't committing a crime... you are playing a video game. Let's not get Jack Thompson on me.

Now if Russia wants to ban it that is fine but I think they are completely over reacting. It's just a game... doesn't actually think Russians are bad or want a terrorist attack to happen. It's simply displaying a story line. But I do agree if it were the flip Americans would be freaking out more. I can guarantee I wouldn't be one of them.

I believe strongly in freedom of expression and they have the right to make stuff like this. Some will find it controversial and I guess that is warranted but it really didn't affect me all that much. Was a very interesting way of displaying that war isn't all "good" and "evil" as the lines are clearly defined. Think it did a good job of displaying the idea of no inherently good or inherently bad in war.

On note, I played through the level, did open fire, and made sure there was no one left.  And no I didn't feel sickened by doing any of it. 

Russia has every right to do this, they have never claimed to be the land of the free (land of the no censorship/banning doesn't sound cool), or not to my knowledge. So let them be.

Of course they have the right to make it, but Russia also has the right to ban it and I have the right to find it tasteless and weak.

luvtospooge said:
Mummelmann said:
Soap_McTavish said:
noname2200 said:
disolitude said:
Can't blame them.

If in Russia they made a game like COD except reversed the roles...it would be all over the news in America and Obama would be giving a speech on national TV by now.

Let's not go overboard.

er.. thats not overboard at all. In fact, disolitude is way under the extent to what the Americans would do. I'm pretty sure they'd Force activision and infinity ward to pay huge amounts of money in massive law suits and claim they are a threat to public security.

That being said, the game should be banned. Scenes like this can be shown in a clip, they do not need to be acted out. Most of the people playing this game are cheering this on when it happens and having a blast.

The game should be banned everywhere.

What a truly strange sentiment from someone called Soap_MacTavish who also sports a Modern Warfare/Modern Warfare 2 avatar.

You guys do know at the beginning of the game, when you just boot it, they ask you if you want to skip controversial levels. Most of us said yes, and the dialog box was still there saying " Are you really sure?"... So don't say they didn't warn you, becausae they CLEARLY did.

Why did you include me in that? I've never stated that I was offended by that level (and, indeed, I wasn't, its a damn game).