By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Acevil said:
Russia has every right to do this, they have never claimed to be the land of the free (land of the no censorship/banning doesn't sound cool), or not to my knowledge. So let them be.

http://news.filefront.com/top-ten-banned-video-games/

Russia has every right to ban this game. Atleast they have a valid reason unlike most of those games on the list. So stop pretending you now anything about Russia and the state of their country at the moment.

Around the Network

Well I played it and found nothing wrong with it. The russians aren't even the real "bad guys" in the game, they just fell in a trap war with the americans that was started by Guy A and Guy B.

GamerTag/PSN ID JoshmyersBV (please add me I have 2 friends on Xbox Live)

This is why I love living in America, because this act of banning games, movies, book burning, is completely against the freedoms inherent in my country's constitution. This is only a small example of what is wrong in countries like Russia and China. Freedom of expression is a human right. And although you may disagree with an idea, photo, video, whomever made it still has the right to do so and any person who wants to consume it also has the right to do so. Anyone who disagrees should try living in a shithole like communist china or the USSR. I don't think half of you who say that they agree that Russia has a right to do this could last a week in China with it's censored internet. That line of thinking is comparable to a religious extremist or fascist ideology. Adults should be able to consume anything; media, substances, ideas, etc. if the consumption is victimless. This just proves to me that Russia is still a third world country in terms of freedoms and still has a long way to go...

PostModGuru said:
This is why I love living in America, because this act of banning games, movies, book burning, is completely against the freedoms inherent in my country's constitution.

How could you be SO ignorant? I wonder what do they teach you in school? ^_^

BTW I actually lived in USSR/Russia and China for quite a while.

Griffin said:
I'm guessing you guys have never played any GTA game either. The one bad thing about that level is they don't allow you to sprint or move fast either. The first thing i did was switch to the grenade launcher and try to sprint so i could kill more of them.

I do play GTA games and I do find them to be fun, but thats only because none of the things happened in these games were ever part of my life; if my familiy members were gun down on the street by some drug dealers for no reason I'd look at these games with a very different attitude; and If I'm a Russian seeing the whole terrorist and cold war stuff I would have a feeling that whoever made this game they intended to associate these things with ME, and I would be very much offended.

Around the Network
PostModGuru said:
This is why I love living in America, because this act of banning games, movies, book burning, is completely against the freedoms inherent in my country's constitution. This is only a small example of what is wrong in countries like Russia and China. Freedom of expression is a human right. And although you may disagree with an idea, photo, video, whomever made it still has the right to do so and any person who wants to consume it also has the right to do so. Anyone who disagrees should try living in a shithole like communist china or the USSR. I don't think half of you who say that they agree that Russia has a right to do this could last a week in China with it's censored internet. That line of thinking is comparable to a religious extremist or fascist ideology. Adults should be able to consume anything; media, substances, ideas, etc. if the consumption is victimless. This just proves to me that Russia is still a third world country in terms of freedoms and still has a long way to go...

Reading this I realized that I am much smarter, knowledgable and open minded than you. I am willing to take a test to prove it...

PostModGuru said:

You really have no right to criticize a country you know very little about. What if someone walks into a bar in, say, Dallas and screams, "USA SUCKS!"? I'm certain he'll get beat to pulp (for exercising his freedom of speech, a fundamental human right). Or what about the Dixie Chicks case? Doesn't seem like America is that free after all...

disolitude said:
Acevil said:
Russia has every right to do this, they have never claimed to be the land of the free (land of the no censorship/banning doesn't sound cool), or not to my knowledge. So let them be.

http://news.filefront.com/top-ten-banned-video-games/

Russia has every right to ban this game. Atleast they have a valid reason unlike most of those games on the list. So stop pretending you now anything about Russia and the state of their country at the moment.

I never really pretended to know anything about them, besides that to best of knowledge they never claimed to be no censorship. I think country has a right to control censorship to some degree, and every country does so according to what they have in place even the land of the free.

Don't be so naive...Just because political leaders may sway the constitution one way or another to suit thier needs does not make that statement false. Have you ever read the constitution/bill of rights? Oh you live in Russia, I feel truly sorry for you. At least we have the right to replace leaders here. Have fun with Putin for the next 50 years...

PostModGuru said:
Don't be so naive...Just because political leaders may sway the constitution one way or another to suit thier needs does not make that statement false. Have you ever read the constitution/bill of rights? Oh you live in Russia, I feel truly sorry for you. At least we have the right to replace leaders here. Have fun with Putin for the next 50 years...

While you stated someone for being naive, can't the same be said about you, since you assume so much.