By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
disolitude said:
PostModGuru said:
This is why I love living in America, because this act of banning games, movies, book burning, is completely against the freedoms inherent in my country's constitution. This is only a small example of what is wrong in countries like Russia and China. Freedom of expression is a human right. And although you may disagree with an idea, photo, video, whomever made it still has the right to do so and any person who wants to consume it also has the right to do so. Anyone who disagrees should try living in a shithole like communist china or the USSR. I don't think half of you who say that they agree that Russia has a right to do this could last a week in China with it's censored internet. That line of thinking is comparable to a religious extremist or fascist ideology. Adults should be able to consume anything; media, substances, ideas, etc. if the consumption is victimless. This just proves to me that Russia is still a third world country in terms of freedoms and still has a long way to go...

Reading this I realized that I am much smarter, knowledgable and open minded than you. I am willing to take a test to prove it...

You really picked my statement apart smart guy.  Ha

Around the Network
PostModGuru said:
Don't be so naive...Just because political leaders may sway the constitution one way or another to suit thier needs does not make that statement false. Have you ever read the constitution/bill of rights? Oh you live in Russia, I feel truly sorry for you. At least we have the right to replace leaders here. Have fun with Putin for the next 50 years...

LOL. This guy cracks me up... What are you? some artifact left over from the 70s?

Russia has the lowest national debt of all G20 countries. The country is as close to being debt free as you get... Not to mention they own almost all of the oil and gas pipe lines throughout Europe. Putin has turned that country around completely and Russia should be glad to have had him as a leader.

US on the other hand has a 11+ trillion dollar debt.

Id say one has a much better future than the other...

PostModGuru said:
Don't be so naive...Just because political leaders may sway the constitution one way or another to suit thier needs does not make that statement false. Have you ever read the constitution/bill of rights? Oh you live in Russia, I feel truly sorry for you. At least we have the right to replace leaders here. Have fun with Putin for the next 50 years...

I don't know whom you're referring to, as both disolitude and I (the only people that have replied to you) are from Canada. You shouldn't say stuff like "I feel sorry for you" unless you've actually lived in the country and were truly oppressed. Plus, your country is far from perfect, read my examples from my previous post.

Acevil said:
PostModGuru said:

While you stated someone for being naive, can't the same be said about you, since you assume so much.

I believe Dmitry Medvedev was directly picked by Putin to succeed him.  Albeit by an election.  I don't think Prick Cheney had any hand in picking Obama, but I may be wrong.

ultima said:
PostModGuru said:
This is why I love living in America, because this act of banning games, movies, book burning, is completely against the freedoms inherent in my country's constitution. This is only a small example of what is wrong in countries like Russia and China. Freedom of expression is a human right. And although you may disagree with an idea, photo, video, whomever made it still has the right to do so and any person who wants to consume it also has the right to do so. Anyone who disagrees should try living in a shithole like communist china or the USSR. I don't think half of you who say that they agree that Russia has a right to do this could last a week in China with it's censored internet. That line of thinking is comparable to a religious extremist or fascist ideology. Adults should be able to consume anything; media, substances, ideas, etc. if the consumption is victimless. This just proves to me that Russia is still a third world country in terms of freedoms and still has a long way to go...

You really have no right to criticize a country you know very little about. What if someone walks into a bar in, say, Dallas and screams, "USA SUCKS!"? I'm certain he'll get beat to pulp (for exercising his freedom of speech, a fundamental human right). Or what about the Dixie Chicks case? Doesn't seem like America is that free after all...

It is free, the Dixie Chicks weren't thrown in jail for their views. They were criticized/hated for it and sales and popularity dropped like a rock but they still have freedom.

GamerTag/PSN ID JoshmyersBV (please add me I have 2 friends on Xbox Live)

Around the Network
big_boss said:
ultima said:
PostModGuru said:

You really have no right to criticize a country you know very little about. What if someone walks into a bar in, say, Dallas and screams, "USA SUCKS!"? I'm certain he'll get beat to pulp (for exercising his freedom of speech, a fundamental human right). Or what about the Dixie Chicks case? Doesn't seem like America is that free after all...

It is free, the Dixie Chicks weren't thrown in jail for their views. They were criticized/hated for it and sales and popularity dropped like a rock but they still have freedom.

Didn't retailers boycott Dixie Chicks?

And what about the guy who screams, "USA SUCKS!"?

ultima said:
big_boss said:
ultima said:
PostModGuru said:

Didn't retailers boycott Dixie Chicks?

And what about the guy who screams, "USA SUCKS!"?

Truth be told he does have a point against yours. Boycotts was a personal decision, most likely demanded from the consumers, they were still free to make music but they ruined the relationship with sellers, the product could still be sold using direct selling.

As for the guy who screamed USA sucks, he could sue the people that do beat him up, and if the law is obeyed (which in certain cases it won't due to judge's own bias) he would win.

disolitude said:
PostModGuru said:

LOL. This guy cracks me up... What are you? some artifact left over from the 70s?

Russia has the lowest national debt of all G20 countries. The country is as close to being debt free as you get... Not to mention they own almost all of the oil and gas pipe lines throughout Europe. Putin has turned that country around completely and Russia should be glad to have had him as a leader.

US on the other hand has a 11+ trillion dollar debt.

Id say one has a much better future than the other...

I don't believe debt or money have anything to do with the base freedoms a country was founded or continues to amend, but what I do know is according to the OP Russia banned a game which is as you put it, part of "an artifact" ideology from the 19th century built around a few controlling the masses.  WOW!  Russia has the lowest national debt of the G20, they also have a low quality of life index score just above Senegal and below Kenya.  The United States is right behind France, and Switzerland.  I don't know if you've been to China, but when I was in Beijiing in 08 the censorship was a little stiffling.  Just for the record I am as liberal/progressive you can reasonably be here in the United States without being wiretapped by Prick Cheney

what a communist country

I am not sure if it is actually banned. http://www.softclub.ru/games/game.asp?id=11721 official distributor site and they say it is on sale. http://www.ozon.ru/?context=search&text=modern+warfare&go=%CD%E0%E9%F2%E8 states it will be available for PC on November 19. I heard they cut out "No Russian" mission from Russian distribution and it resulted in a delay.

Still some people buying this game in Russia for PC and then download English version from Steam using code on the box. Since they want to play full game ;).

Play my LittleBigLove level: search keywords "LittleBigLove realil"

LJ (Russian): http://realill.livejournal.com